PDA

View Full Version : Differential braking?

Trailryder
01-11-2005, 01:45 PM
Can it be done with these planes? Sure would come in handy when trying to turn one around on a carrier deck. As it is, I usually drive it off into the drink because it won't turn.

JG53Frankyboy
01-11-2005, 01:47 PM
not in PF3.03. perhaps in the future Maddox Game about the BoB

kiddknapp59
01-11-2005, 01:49 PM
Try this, if you are patient it will work, if not, you swim.
Hold down the brakes, then full throttle with the rudder full left or right depending on which way you want to turn. It will slowly, ever so slowly, turn in a circle.

BaldieJr
01-11-2005, 01:49 PM
Brake key + Rudder = diff. brakes.

Brake key alone = both brakes.

LStarosta
01-11-2005, 01:53 PM
I wish nosewheel turning was properly modelled.

gates123
01-11-2005, 02:39 PM
Everything is fine until you try landing with a shot up rudder and end up drifting off the runway into the flight tower.

LStarosta
01-11-2005, 02:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gates123:
Everything is fine until you try landing with a shot up rudder and end up drifting off the runway into the flight tower. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG, you are SO right. I cannot stress how many f'ing times I've been careful to do a nice forced landing approach onto my airfield and I end up ramming into the god forsaken control tower. WHOEVER PUT THEM RIGHT BY THE FRICKEN RUNWAY SHOULD BE SHOT!!!

Trailryder
01-11-2005, 04:04 PM
I've tried rudder+brakes and it will turn sharply for a little bit then go straight. Seems to work better/worse for different aircraft. Don't remember what a/c it was I got to do it the other day, but it would do donuts on the deck all day if I let it. The Corsair won't tho.

Bongokid
01-11-2005, 06:22 PM
if you want to improve your taxiing skills, try practicing on a grass runway with weather set at the worst possible. Be ready to hit refly a lot though...

Bongokid

WTE_Galway
01-11-2005, 07:10 PM
if you cant get differential breaking to work for you try short (half second) bursts of throttle with full rudder .. the short burst of ful power gives enough rudder authority to get a turn happening

Tully__
01-12-2005, 04:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LStarosta:
I wish nosewheel turning was properly modelled. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
AFAIK most tricycle landing gear aircraft in this game have free castering nosewheels, so nose wheel steering would make little difference.

Taylortony
01-12-2005, 11:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LStarosta:
I wish nosewheel turning was properly modelled. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahahahaha you want to try taxi an Aztec or a 421 on one Engine, I had to do large circles with the assistance of good engine to put it in the right direction turning against it is nigh on impossible....

And as for that pile of bile commonly named the Koliber... a Polish built version of a French designed and built Hunk of Junk the Robin.... With its free castering Nosegear and self generating airlocks in the braking system..... best thing to do to that is try and steer it into the vicinity of the nearest scrapyard, and leave it there.

womenfly
01-12-2005, 12:21 PM
try taxing a floatplane to a dock in high wind conditions ..... yea right!

Womenfly2

kn00bski
01-13-2005, 03:22 AM
Ok, Ive said this before but people didnt understand me: For differential breaking use B AND Z or X. Now you will lock only left or right wheel. Give some gas and use your rudder. This works on original Sturmo and should work on BF too. And, yes, I also have stick with rudder.