PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Revelations - direct shortcut to multiplayer mode

spectatorx
11-30-2011, 12:49 PM
By default game has only one shortcut leading to singleplayer mode. To get to multiplayer you have to run first singleplayer and from this switch to multiplayer. You can easily run multiplayer directly, create shortcut and paste into it this:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed Revelations\ACRMP.exe" /launchedfromotherexec /onlineUser:***** /onlinePassword:******* </pre>

This example is for default path in x64 editions of windows'. Instead of stars type your username and password.

TheLeoCrow
11-30-2011, 01:01 PM
Are you sure it works? Because in this thread: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1067519/m/8851020669 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5031067519/m/8851020669) the user said it didn't work

spectatorx
11-30-2011, 01:29 PM
For me it works.

Maybe do not work with steam version, with "normal" works fine.

TheLeoCrow
12-03-2011, 05:04 AM
You are right, it works, but (unlike ACB) it starts the Ubi launcher as well. It's still a very helpful tip

kylebisme
12-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Huh, I'm the guy who said it didn't work in the other thread, but I tried again and sure enough it does. Turns out I copied your mistake Leo, in that other thread you wrote "launchedfromotherexec" rather than "launchedfromtherexec", and I copied and pasted that and filled in my name and password.

ZeroZaber
12-03-2011, 02:45 PM
It works for me, both ACB and ACR.
Also, it fixes problem that there was no sound when switching to multiplayer completely.
THANKS a million!!!

Adelo007
12-07-2011, 03:45 PM
A little help guys...
i dont get the shortcut thing, what do i do?
Is it through Steam?
Cause whenever i open Brotherhood or Revelations... Steam doesnt come on... so shall i open it my self and add them games inside and then through there i edit the shortcuts?
Cause i tried without open Steam at all and creating shortcuts r not valid, nothing happens, file not found situation:-(

Tnx for ur time._

Adelo007
12-08-2011, 01:54 AM
Never mind, i figured it out... u meant through Steam, i did it, it worked for both ACB & ACR... thanx:-)

leo_assassin93
12-27-2011, 05:16 AM
For me it just says C:\Assassin' s Creed Revelations not found.... Obviously because on my PC the game is stored on the G:\ drive but when i change the drive it says the same thing..... Any solutions????

lockerxzx
12-27-2011, 11:50 PM
For me it just says C:\Assassin' s Creed Revelations not found.... Obviously because on my PC the game is stored on the G:\ drive but when i change the drive it says the same thing..... Any solutions????
Change shortcut link's "Assassin's Creed Revelations" to "Assassins Creed Revelations", the game should be installed this way on your hard drive

mohdmks
12-28-2011, 12:30 AM
thank you spectatorx . it works fine . i will add you as friend

Adelo007
01-16-2012, 09:42 PM
As i wrote in December (post # 8) following ur guide i added successfully 2 shortcuts in Steam for ACB and ACR to play their multiplayer without the trouble of "no sound" and it was working like a charm!
Two days ago i uninstalled Mafia II and along with that Steam software uninstalled too. I downloaded Steam again, tried to do as i did 2 months ago, adding shortcuts for my two AC games to play multiplayer but it cannot happen. All i can do through Steam is to add the shortcuts as a non steam game and by using them i only get to start the games... not their multiplayer as i had it before.
This is happening because i cannot register the games in Steam, says code invalid for both of them, thats why when i right click the shortcuts i dont have the same menu options as i had before... launch options along with other stuff is missing cause the games r not registered! (in Steam i mean)

Any thoughts?
Tnx

Undertakerrox
03-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Please help me

I open ACRMP.exe then it goes up to the part where the the tirangle is then it crashes with no error message please help

anniekassler
03-10-2012, 10:21 AM
i'm a newbie for the game : (

spardj
04-04-2012, 04:07 PM
i also face problem like this.. can anyone help us?
when i run the ACRMP.exe it crashes..

AntiChrist7
04-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Just run the MP from the main menu, like it was intended too. if you have the timeto play games, you have time to wait those 10 seconds

Dru121212
04-08-2012, 03:30 PM
By default game has only one shortcut leading to singleplayer mode. To get to multiplayer you have to run first singleplayer and from this switch to multiplayer. You can easily run multiplayer directly, create shortcut and paste into it this:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed Revelations\ACRMP.exe" /launchedfromotherexec /onlineUser:***** /onlinePassword:******* </pre>

This example is for default path in x64 editions of windows'. Instead of stars type your username and password.

when you said create a shortcut(i did that) and then paste it into this,how do i do that?

mrxclusiv.au
05-18-2012, 02:18 AM
okay first - the reason for me wanting to do this and possibly others is because the singleplayer menu is 3d rendered gfx this creates a cpu/gpu loadspike if you dynamically overclock cpu and/or gpu and alter fanspeeds based on temps this rapid switch from render to desktop for a second then back to render is hell on your rig and on your fans this is why people want to launch it (the multiplayer) directly its not because they "cant wait ten seconds" they want it so their rig doesn't have heart palpitations every time they launch the game. or at least I do

now on to the topic of the shortcut itself for me today running the latest version of ACR all I need to do is create a shortcut to ACRMP.exe itself, I didn't need all the extra stuff in the target box which coincidentally my OS (Vista 32 bit) wouldn't allow it it says "the file <pre cannot be found" perhaps ubisoft silently allowed the ACRMP.exe file to be launched independently of the singleplayer exe.

while this method at some time may have worked I feel its not terribly secure having your ubilogin use/pass sitting there in a shortcut for anybody and everybody to be able to read.