PDA

View Full Version : Worship The Storch!!!???

ytareh
04-25-2005, 01:19 PM
OK this isnt meant to be another post debating the relative merits of certain planes vis a vis others but...I was mucking about with the Quick mission Generator and set up a Gladiator (4 gun J8A job) against 4 Storchs(Fi163).Now I was having a rare go at realistic ammo but nevertheless assumed that if I didnt keep overshooting this SLOW baby,she'd be easy pickings...Well I was pumping it full of lead at my convergence distance(225m in this case)and it just flew and flew.I reckon the gunner bought it fairly soon -not sure about the pilot...But the things were not gonna suffer any apparent damage let alone go down in flames.I retried in the I153 which I thought might pack a slightly mightier punch but it was just as puny.The I185 with its 3 20mm cannon took the wings off the little critters in no time however!So is the Fi163 an Uber plane (lol)(If it were made flyable maybe guys might have trouble shooting me down in Hyperlobby.I tend to do a lot better in Vals than fighters what with their agility and rear gun...-oh and noob proof handling!)Or are the rifle calibre machine guns just so puny that you need a dozen of them to make any dent whatsoever?!

ytareh
04-25-2005, 01:19 PM
OK this isnt meant to be another post debating the relative merits of certain planes vis a vis others but...I was mucking about with the Quick mission Generator and set up a Gladiator (4 gun J8A job) against 4 Storchs(Fi163).Now I was having a rare go at realistic ammo but nevertheless assumed that if I didnt keep overshooting this SLOW baby,she'd be easy pickings...Well I was pumping it full of lead at my convergence distance(225m in this case)and it just flew and flew.I reckon the gunner bought it fairly soon -not sure about the pilot...But the things were not gonna suffer any apparent damage let alone go down in flames.I retried in the I153 which I thought might pack a slightly mightier punch but it was just as puny.The I185 with its 3 20mm cannon took the wings off the little critters in no time however!So is the Fi163 an Uber plane (lol)(If it were made flyable maybe guys might have trouble shooting me down in Hyperlobby.I tend to do a lot better in Vals than fighters what with their agility and rear gun...-oh and noob proof handling!)Or are the rifle calibre machine guns just so puny that you need a dozen of them to make any dent whatsoever?!

p1ngu666
04-25-2005, 01:22 PM
u need alot of 303's to down stuff
and storch probably had odd dm
u2vs and mc202 also have odd dm

ytareh
04-25-2005, 01:50 PM
THAT would explain many frustrating hours hunting U2Vs in Me109Gs!!!Also correction to my above post ,of course i meant Fi156 (thinkin of Me163 Komet-a different beast entirely!!!)

Atomic_Marten
04-25-2005, 02:10 PM
POWER: 240HP!!!
WEIGHT EMPTY: 930KG
SPEED (SEA L): 200KPH (max.)
SPEED (2000m): 190KPH
BEST CLIMB SPEED: 130KPH
TURN TIME (on 1000m): 18sec. AT 130KPH
CLIMB TO 3,500M: 16,7min!!!
RANGE: 385KM

Yeah.. I definitely see it.. it's ├╝ber-cr@pness makes it difficult to shot down.. I believe that under certain conditions, especially in climb, you should be able to catch&shot down Fi156 with an average!!! WW1 war bird.(SPAD, Sopwith, Fokker etc http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif). So it is obvious that we are talking about WW2 aircraft of it's own class, at least in the game.(I'm perfectly aware that there were many such wonderplanes in RL WW2).

In spite of that, that is cute little bird.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Blackdog5555
04-25-2005, 02:17 PM
worship the Cessna 172...about the same thing///

A 303 should rip right through. The P11 is hard to bring down too..Just imagine if we had an uber ultralight, might need Krytonite to bring it down.

LilHorse
04-25-2005, 02:43 PM
Oh yeah! Larry Storch. He was my favorite on F-Troop. Well, actually the babe who played Jane was my favorite. But he was so funny as Agarn. Yeah, that was quality TV. In fact, I remember one episode where.....

Oh, you mean the Fiesler Storch....never mind.

Fennec_P
04-26-2005, 08:00 PM
Storch? Don't you mean Torch?

Unprotected wing fueltanks and EZlight engine...

PBNA-Boosher
04-26-2005, 08:52 PM
Try my Bush Pilots map and you really WILL WORSHIP the Fi-156 Storch.

ImpStarDuece
04-26-2005, 10:45 PM
The MC 202 has the damage model from the original IL2 ( I know because Oleg confirmed my suspicions) as does the U2 (Just guessing now, I don't actually know this for a fact)

I think its a good thing sometimes. Set up the MC 202 as a opponent in QMB and you have the ultimate target to test your shooting against. The engine doesn't light up, it rarely loses alierons or elevators, it never gets fuel or coolant leaks. About the only way to kill it is to rip a wing off or cut it in half.

I have great fun practicing turnfighting in a P-47 at low alt against them. Using only 4 .50cals you really know that you have got a solid burst in when you see one of the Macchi's go down. Its improved my shooting no end, particularly my defelction stuff.