PDA

View Full Version : Lets get back to the main story

samward
08-18-2010, 03:21 AM
So Ezio and Altair are wicked characters and I think Ubi have done a great job of developing their stories. But their stories are just side stories in order to help support the main story that is of Desmond. This being said we have not had a lot of game play time with him and we don't know a great deal about him. In many ways I don't think most of us are connected with him the same way we are connected with Ezio or Altair. I for one would like to see Desmond's character explored more and for us to have some more game time with him so he feels like the important character to the story that he is. Is anyone else out there with me? Who wants more game time with Desmond then we have had in the past two games and who wants to find out more about him?

magesupermaster
08-18-2010, 03:29 AM
Don't worry, your wishes will come true in AC: Brotherhood and AC3.

Murcuseo
08-18-2010, 03:33 AM
Ubisoft have already confirmed that Desmond will feature heavily towards the end of AC:B.

samward
08-18-2010, 04:02 AM
I knew that Desmond was going to be in ACB but I did not know he was going to be a big part. Does anyone have the link to articles/ videos where Ubi confirms this?

Z405
08-18-2010, 04:08 AM
If Desmond would indeed have a much larger role in AC:B it explains why only Rome (albeit 3 to 4 times larger than Venice) is the main city to move around in.

magesupermaster
08-18-2010, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by Z405:
If Desmond would indeed have a much larger role in AC:B it explains why only Rome (albeit 3 to 4 times larger than Venice) is the main city to move around in.

No, it does not explain why Rome is the only city in the game.

Rome is the only city in the game becasue the developers wanted something new and fresh and also listened to what the players wanted; to see more of Rome.

You wouldn't want to go back to Venice if you have already seen and did what's there to see and do.

samward
08-18-2010, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Z405:

No, it does not explain why Rome is the only city in the game.

Rome is the only city in the game becasue the developers wanted something new and fresh and also listened to what the players wanted; to see more of Rome.

You wouldn't want to go back to Venice if you have already seen and did what's there to see and do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think their point was not that they wanted to go back to places we have already been, but why Rome is the only new place, in other words the reason why we are not going to Rome plus a few other new places.

Now with the clarified, I don't know that I agree. I think the reason that Rome is the only location is because that Ezio's story only exists to provide Desmond with info he needs to continued his story. So I think that there is one more important piece of info that is attached to Ezio that Desmond needs and because it only has to do with the period of Ezio's life that is in Rome, we have no need to go anywhere other then Rome.

Chewitt321
08-18-2010, 03:49 PM
Ummm iunderstand, but I, personally, found that in the first game to be attached to Altair and didn't care about Desmond, but in AC2 I was the other way around. I think that was because of the escape at the start caused me to want more from Desmond's story, rather than our Italian friend.

See ya
Chewitt

Chewitt321
08-18-2010, 03:53 PM
To answer your point guys Rome isn't the only city in the game the main citys are Florence, Rome and small villages in between (like forli in AC2).

Sorry shud have read the whole discussion before posting the first point.

notafanboy
08-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Chewitt321:
To answer your point guys Rome isn't the only city in the game the main citys are Florence, Rome and small villages in between (like forli in AC2).

w00t are you drunk ?

SBRedFlag
08-18-2010, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by notafanboy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chewitt321:

w00t are you drunk ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I wouldn't resort to name calling, but I'm sorry Chewitt321, you're mistaken. Rome is the only place you visit as Ezio, aside from the Villa at the beginning of the story.

Ezio513
08-20-2010, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
Ubisoft have already confirmed that Desmond will feature heavily towards the end of AC:B.

Not saying your wrong but when was this confirmed?

EzioAssassin51
08-20-2010, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Ezio513:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:

Not saying your wrong but when was this confirmed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They said he will be getting a new look and will be involved more!

Ru1986
08-20-2010, 03:57 AM
Yea im not too happy about that Desmond sucks but lets not open that can of worms again.

Stormpen
08-20-2010, 09:00 AM
I thought that "...... It's Assassin's Creed, not Desmond's Creed."? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

But I suppose it's inevitable that we spend more time with Desmond, what with having to find the 'Temples', and 'save the world from the sun'.

itsamea-mario
08-20-2010, 09:06 AM
i actually like desmond, i want to very much see where his story goes.

DavidPV86
08-20-2010, 09:43 AM
I read here http://www.computerandvideogam...rticle.php?id=260729 (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=260729) that:

"There will be more modern day sequences featuring subject 17 Desmond and these are set to feature much more actual gameplay than in Assassin's Creed 2"

cheers