PDA

View Full Version : Why So Many Editions?

tjbyrum1
11-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Go to this Wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A...ions#Retail_editions (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed:_Revelations#Retail_editions)

Is that really necessary? Why do they have SO MANY editions? Not to mention, not a SINGLE edition has EVERY bonus for it, which is ridiculous.

They should have a standard edition for standard people like me, and a bonus edition for people who want all that other stuff that comes with it.

Sarari
11-07-2011, 02:35 PM
I mean, it does seem kind of unnecessary, but each edition has their own thing. So what they're trying to do is get a person to buy all the editions for all the extra features they're getting. If they added all that stuff to one edition for $100, nobody would buy it.

LightRey
11-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Old news and already several threads about this.

Chronomancy
11-07-2011, 02:43 PM
There would be a reason for all the preorder packages being split around the world and not containing everything.

Chariflame
11-08-2011, 05:39 AM
Because Ubisoft's Marketing department takes great pleasure in bleeding us collectors dry.

Mr_Shade
11-08-2011, 05:52 AM
The real reason is due to different markets and retailers.

In different regions the many different retailers want some form of exclusive content - as do the players who live there.

Many people like having something unique - so they do try to achieve that, by the different editions and content which is exclusive to that store / region.

I understand that some people want it all, however at release, you do have to make some choices.

persiateddy95
11-08-2011, 06:07 AM
I understand that some people want it all, however at release, you do have to make some choices.
This pretty much confirms they'll be released all later, lol.

Mr_Shade
11-08-2011, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by persiateddy95:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I understand that some people want it all, however at release, you do have to make some choices.
This pretty much confirms they'll be released all later, lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No..

It means you have to make a choice.. and stick to it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

There is no certainty that any of the bonus items will be released at a later date - so you can either make the choice, or take a risk on getting it later - if it's ever released....

I don't want people missunderstanding anything - and coming back in 4 months to moan http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

sp33dd34m0n
11-08-2011, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:

Unfortunately the choice u can make depends on the region. If u would like to have content that is only for US and u live in EU ur screwed. I have no problem with the many editions but I would really prefer to have at least the chance to get certain contents.

Skuldpt
11-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
I mean, it does seem kind of unnecessary, but each edition has their own thing. So what they're trying to do is get a person to buy all the editions for all the extra features they're getting. If they added all that stuff to one edition for $100, nobody would buy it.

I would, I bought LBP2 for 100 (that limited edition that brought tons of stuff) and where I bought even came with a dual shock http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Dag_B
11-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
They would.
The AnimusEditon costs 100 which is approximatly 139$ and it is sold out (in germany, not sure about the other countries). ^^
And this version isn't even "complete".

So a really complete version for 100$ would be a very good deal. xD

CriticaHit
11-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Dag_B:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
They would.
The AnimusEditon costs 100 which is approximatly 139$ and it is sold out (in germany, not sure about the other countries). ^^
And this version isn't even "complete".

So a really complete version for 100$ would be a very good deal. xD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

^This. There would be plenty of people willing to pay big money to get everything. I don't know how many of you have heard of SWTOR but their collector's edition went for $150 and they sold out of those in most places within a month. Granted, the Star Wars IP is quite popular.

I personally think its a little bit too much but I'm not the one trying to run a business.

Krayus Korianis
11-09-2011, 09:48 AM
I can tell you why... It's simply really. Their marketing department has these for eyes $.$

AlphaAltair
11-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
I can tell you why... It's simply really. Their marketing department has these for eyes $.$

This. Simply to maximise profit! I'd bet that most if not all of the content WILL be DLC down the track. Regardless of what anyone says.

EscoBlades
11-09-2011, 09:58 AM
While on the subject of Editions, those looking to still preorder the Collector's Edition might want to take a look at this half price offer from The Hut. (http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/assassins-creed-revelations-collector-edition/10503255.html?awc=2547_1320857692_f2324cbe14a01e6b 53f56a05a72eb4cd&affil=awin)

Krayus Korianis
11-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by AlphaAltair:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:

This. Simply to maximise profit! I'd bet that most if not all of the content WILL be DLC down the track. Regardless of what anyone says. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty much. I'm getting the Signature Edition from GameStop because it has the best value out of all the US pre-orders. I mean it has the pre-order DLC for the SP mission, weapon capacity upgrades, the OST for AC:R and Assassin's Creed: Embers. All for 59.99, the cost of a new AC:R game/Xbox 360 Game.

indulgence82
11-10-2011, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
The real reason is due to different markets and retailers.

In different regions the many different retailers want some form of exclusive content - as do the players who live there.

Many people like having something unique - so they do try to achieve that, by the different editions and content which is exclusive to that store / region.

Actually no players don't want to MISS exclusives much more than get exclusives. People complain about not getting something more than they appreciate getting something. As for retailers, why in gods name would the Turkish stores give a bleep if the American stores get the same preorder exclusives. They have a captive audience. The game is in English here and Turkish there. Beyond that idk if its the same with Xbox but on Playstation 3 you cannot play Australian games on US consoles and vise versa. So that also limits the market. The regions don't need exclusives beyond giving themselves a leg up on the competition. The idea of the exclusives per region not at least being comparable to each other is stupid and any defense to the contrary is laughable. The lame way this was handled actually made me want to get this game less through pre-order due to aggravation instead of giving me more incentive. It's not that I bemoan not getting everything. I just wanted the ability to purchase a similar package to the many of the other regions. Our regions packages is pathetic compared to the others. And its sad this issue has not been addressed before the release.