PDA

View Full Version : Cyborg Evo Force Joystick Help

cptbull83
03-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Hey i've recently purchased another cyborg evo force after the one i had been using had stopped working correctly.

This joystick works fine in windows, and the game controllers option in the windows control panel. However, when i get in game, i can use every button except i can't set the throttle. For some reason, when i try to set the throttle its not reading the axis, any ideas why?

Also the force feedback in the game makes the joystick movements kind of 'blocky'. What i mean by this is that its not a smooth movement, but the force feedback turns it into a stuttered movement. Once again any ideas why?

i'm going to try the joystick in lock on, and if it works properly i'm going to asusme that its the game. If it is, can you guys give any suggestions why this would happen?

thanks
Bull

cptbull83
03-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Hey i've recently purchased another cyborg evo force after the one i had been using had stopped working correctly.

This joystick works fine in windows, and the game controllers option in the windows control panel. However, when i get in game, i can use every button except i can't set the throttle. For some reason, when i try to set the throttle its not reading the axis, any ideas why?

Also the force feedback in the game makes the joystick movements kind of 'blocky'. What i mean by this is that its not a smooth movement, but the force feedback turns it into a stuttered movement. Once again any ideas why?

i'm going to try the joystick in lock on, and if it works properly i'm going to asusme that its the game. If it is, can you guys give any suggestions why this would happen?

thanks
Bull

HilloMunx0r
03-12-2007, 12:38 PM
If the joystick panel in windows shows that its reading the throttle, then I guess the problem is that the throttle axis hasn't been bound in-game. Go to the control settings in game and bind the throttle to correct axis.

DaBestHawk_69th
03-12-2007, 01:08 PM
Set your trottle under HOTAS setting in the game setting for the joystick. Just scroll down to the bottom you will find the axis setting for trottle.

FoolTrottel
03-12-2007, 02:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/fooltrottel/Hotas.jpg
(Just an illustration in support of DaBestHawk_69th's reply http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif)

cptbull83
03-13-2007, 04:27 AM
yeah i know how to set the axis control.

What i'm saying is that the game wont LET me set the throttle control.

I've tried lock on and the throttle worked fine. so any ideas why the game isn't recognising the throttle as an axis, and not letting me set it?

FoolTrottel
03-13-2007, 01:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">so any ideas why the game isn't recognising the throttle as an axis, and not letting me set it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Open conf.ini and see if in the [rts_joystick] section a line is present like:
*= 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

If so, change all zeroes into 100's except the first and the last one:
*=0 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 0

Save the file, retest...