PDA

View Full Version : My wishlist for AEP+PF

VW-IceFire
11-22-2004, 06:16 PM
There's a bunch of things that I'd love to see added to this game as time goes along. I'm not talking about FM or DM's...I'm talking about content. Thats where I'm really interested in seeing thing expanded as much as possible...to create that total WWII experience that we already have to a certain extent.

Planes
- We need more utility planes for the various airforces. The Russians and Germans already have a few (FW-189, Su-2, the Storch, etc.). The USAAF I know used the L-4 "Grasshopper", the CG-4A which was a glider transport used in Normandy and in the Pacific, the RAF used the Lysander, a couple of these types would aid in the creation of scenarios we might otherwise not be able to do as historically.
- Its undenyable that the US and Japanese carriers are missing some vital aircraft. The Avenger as a flyable, the Devastator, the Helldiver (used from 1943 and on in replacement of the Dauntless) and then the Kate as a flyable, the B6N Jill and the D4Y Judy as AI's or flyable.
- Also the Ki-100, Ki-61-II, Ki-43-II, Ki-45, and N1K-1J and N1K-2K would be great for the Japanese side
- A few more addons for the European theater that I think are coming but I'll mention anyways. The Hawker Tempest V, the Hawker Typhoon, The Spitfire Mark XIV, the Arado Ar 234, The B-26 Marauder, and the Mosquito IV/VI.

Ships
- More US and Japanese battleships to replace the generic ones that we've seen so far. Certainly the attacks on the Yamato are amongst the greatest battles between aircraft and battleships recorded. We'll need the Avenger and the Helldiver to help create that but we're well on our way.
- A couple more carriers to help with the creation of scenarios. Includes the Yorktown class (Yorktown, Enterprise, and Hornet - three VERY important ships) and a generic Essex class ship to fill in the role of the large numbers used in the war.

Vehicles
- More fuel trucks and "bowsers" for large explosions and realism at airbases. Those planes don't fuel themselves you know.
- Otherwise pretty happy here. Not sure if the Japanese had any mobile AA platforms but attacking Japanese vehicle convoys is relatively uninteresting at this point and some light AAA fire would be good.

Scenery
- We need more of Guadalcanal to hopefully cover all the way from Rabaul to Port Morseby
- Something from the CBI - A Rangoon map was mentioned and would be a great place for RAF Spitfires
- The addition of the Marianas islands was a fantastic one and I thank the efforts of the developers for adding that map

Markings
- There's a number of excellently marked aircraft in this game but the are also a host of poorly marked ones
- RAAF Spitfire VIII's don't have any finflashes on the tail or ID bands on the fuselage
- RAF Spitfire VIII's in the PTO wore reduced visibility markings (Link (http://www.avions-de-legende.com/avdeleg/img/83D.jpg)) so as to not have the red part of the roundel confused with the Japanese hinomarus
- Zero A6M2-21 lacks upperwing hinomarus
- RNZAF aircraft had a different roundel from the RAAF (Link (http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://home.pages.at/fliegerwilli/Modellbau/USA/Curtiss/P-40N-05g.JPG&imgrefurl=http://home.pages.at/fliegerwilli/Modellbau/USA/Curtiss/curtiss.html&h=400&w=597&sz=23&tbnid=UcSYRfH95b0J:&tbnh=89&tbnw=132&start=12&prev=/images%3Fq%3DRNZAF%2BP-40%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DG))
- RN aircraft default markings also use the RAAF roundel but should infact have the SEAC reduced visibility markings (this was done prior the 1945 markings with the USN/USAAF like bar and roundel system)
- RAF aircraft in general have the wrong color and type of roundels on them (i.e. underwing roundels on the Spitfires are too big and should not have a yellow ID ring except in late March 1945 and even then not normally applied)

Its quite a wishlist, but its just that. A wishlist. Hope to see some of that in the future http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Best of luck and wishes!

heywooood
11-22-2004, 06:28 PM
http://www.deltaaviation.co.uk/img/stearman_8.jpg

just this and the Tiger Moth and I am happy for good...ermmm well A C46 Commando would be good too...oh and whatever happened to the Kingfish?...

Mjollnir111675
11-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Yall are flyin o'er airspace 24808!!!

Just so ya know!!!

But I wanna be able to support some LST's,LCM's offloading some jarheads and equipment.Afterall what good is it to NOT have good ground support missions in the P.T.O.?

VW-IceFire
11-23-2004, 05:31 PM
My wish for a larger Guadalcanal map seems maybe a bit excessive. I would like to see Rabaul and I would like to see more of New Guinea...perhaps on two maps.

Big and placed well enough to show the middle-late efforts of the allies in this area.

Maple_Tiger
11-23-2004, 05:42 PM
The P-47N was built for the Pacific. However, we don't see that either.

Snootles
11-23-2004, 09:32 PM
A huge priority IMO is adding bombers in for the IJAAF. Right now, all they have is the Hayabusa, Hien, and Hayate.

Hendley
11-23-2004, 10:24 PM
Looking at the plane lists now, it seems the Japanese side is lacking a good ground pounder. The Allies have lots now with the Beau, A-20, B-25, P-38 etc, Germany has the Me-110 and Stuka, Russia of course the IL-2, but the Val hardly counts with its single 250kg bomb and twin peashooters.

The Ki.45 Kai would be a great fit I think; a legitimate twin-engined mudmover (some Ki.45b's had 37mmm cannon) that saw lots of action. Plus, if the twin oblique cannon of the Ki.45c was implemented, the IJA would have a very effective weapon against some of those US heavy bombers.

aminx
11-24-2004, 01:43 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
My wish for a larger Guadalcanal map seems maybe a bit excessive. I would like to see Rabaul and I would like to see more of New Guinea...perhaps on two maps.

What about Lae,Kewak,leyte gulf,south China dont we want these as well?
aminx

aminx
11-24-2004, 01:51 AM
PLANE LIST PRIORITY
-------------------
The biggest and most urgent priority is the flyable carrier born torpedo planes and lets name them again for the billionth time:
DEVASTATOR
AVENGER
KATE
up to December 1942
then comes the
JILL torp bomber
JUDY dive bomber
HELLDIVER dive bomber

Any plane after the above has been developed is wellcome, but first comes the above then the sim is on a diff level all together.We can build missions and campaigns on our own we have the tools but we need Oleg for the planes.
Who knows maybe one day someone up there will hear us,

aminx

Tater-SW-
11-24-2004, 09:06 AM
I want a few things that are already coded, just tweaks (not counting the hundred and someting ideas in the FMB thread http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ).

1. Sinking time should be set as a unit property in the FMB, just like "Sleep" etc. Ships sink far too fast right now. the sinking looks very nice, it's a shame it's parctically over before you can reverse and make a second pass, lol.

2. Use the "test runway" concept to make a runway with zero height so you can taxi off it.

3. Same as #2, but make the "runway" clear, and only 10x10m or 15x15m. This would allow us to place "static" AI aircraft, or have players start where we please (taxi to take off).

4. Take the biggest cloud object in game, and make it an FMB object we can place/rotate.

5. Same as #4, but change the cloud to black/grey as a smoke cloud we can place.

tater

Snootles
11-24-2004, 09:21 AM
The way ships sink is really the only thing in Pacific Fighters that can be called "arcade." Aircraft carriers and battleships go down in under a minute. Truly, they should take an average of several hours to go completely under.

Aero_Shodanjo
11-24-2004, 09:30 AM
My wishlist is short: A map of Indonesia (Dutch East Indies). Since it's natural resources are one of main targets for Japanese in WWII.

WOLFMondo
11-24-2004, 09:48 AM
Nice list Icefire, I'd love to see more ships from all sides, I'd love to see a Town class or varaint of that class of Cruiser for the Royal Navy.

Apart from that list i'd quite like the 3 different versions of the Spitfire VIII, especially the Merlin 70 version. Can't be to difficult to do?

The P47N goes without saying, as does the Spitfire XIV, Mk22 and Tempests II (I know, it didn't see service but the first production model left the line in April 1944) and V, Mosquito, B26 would be nice, Swordfish would be great, fireflys would also be nice and would fit nicely in PF.

Im really looking forward to the new flyable Japanese planes, the N1K's look like real killers.

I'd really like the Napalm to be worked on as well, it goes out a bit quick and the spread isn't really how i've seen it from real war footage..but its nice to have it never the less.

cbazza
11-24-2004, 10:19 AM
I'd like to see more US and Japanese carriers.

There were so many Essex class carriers with only minor differences between them. It shouldn't take long to produce the other 8 of the class based on the USS Essex and Intrepid we already have.