PDA

View Full Version : I16

macondo
02-20-2005, 08:27 AM
I, m flying russian campaign with I16. When missions are long (over 100 km to target) the motor stop as if I´m out of petrol while the other planes follows the mission, I guess there is a manual command(like gear manual control)to change the tank selection. Can you help me ?

Acidcrash_112th
02-20-2005, 08:29 AM
with the I16 (as wtih some other aircraft such as the Mk1 Hurri) if you nose down too much, it stalls the engine (I think thats down to lack of fuel injection though I might be wrong)
Just out of interest, when that happens, try restarting the engine, I reckon that will solve it

3.JG51_BigBear
02-20-2005, 10:21 AM
I don't know what the range on that thing is but if you're running full throttle the entire way you way just be running out of gas. The other option, and probably the more likely one, is what Acidcrash said. It is a matter of the I-16 have a carburated engine instead of fuel injected. When you pull negative G mauevers the carb floods and it kills the engine.

p1ngu666
02-20-2005, 11:22 AM
u could take drop tanks, and lower fuel mix too

PBNA-Boosher
02-20-2005, 11:24 AM
It could be a number of things:

1. YOu're pulling too many Neg. G forces, since the I-16 is a carborated plane, the fuel is fed by gravity into the engine. If you pull neg. G's, you push the fuel out of the engine.

2. At full power, the I-16 only has 30 minutes of fuel, use prop pitch, throttle, and mixture effectively. I might also suggest loading 100% fuel and droptanks if you're unsure about making the distance.

73GIAP_Milan
02-20-2005, 01:58 PM
Also; don't fly at 100% (or more) throttle all the time, switch to cruisesettings to conserve more fuel, with lower throttlesetting you're still able to fly at approx the same speeds as you did at full power.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

hope this helps out a bit..