PDA

View Full Version : what happened to christina...?

balajidream
05-13-2010, 08:07 AM
They introduced EZIO's Lover Christina at the beginning. and what happened to her. And later on They didn't show anything about her.....

Xanatos2007
05-13-2010, 08:21 AM
According to the ACII novel (by Oliver Bowden... or something) Ezio tells Christina that he's leaving just after killing Uberto Alberti and gives her his Auditore pendant as a parting gift.

Several years later, spent training under Mario, he returns to Florence to save Lorenzo de Medici and while he's there he meets Christina, who is now engaged to some other guy from a noble family (and still wears Ezio's pendant). Ezio decides to track him down and finds him being beaten by some henchmen that he owes money to (apparently he has a gambling problem). Ezio fends off his attackers and, seeing Christina in the distance, makes the poor sod swear to be a good husband to Christina or else he'll track him down again. Ezio made this decision based on his adherence to the Creed; now that he's a hardcore Assassin he'll have very little time for family.

During the Carnivale in Venice (several more years later) he hears that Christina is now in Venice with her new husband, now no longer wearing Ezio's pendant. He writes her a letter (pretending to be her husband) to meet him in a secluded garden. Since everybody is wearing a mask she doesn't know it's Ezio until he kisses her, whereupon she explains how she feels Ezio abandoned her and says she never wants to see him again.

This is why romance doesn't work in assassin games.

And must you type 'Ezio' in capital letters all the time?

KZarr
05-13-2010, 08:51 AM
I was wondering about that too. I have to book but I haven't read it yet. Thanks for the explanation

yly3
05-13-2010, 09:00 AM
Wait ! Is there really a book released about Assassin's Creed story ? All I can find on Google is the book being delayed or canceled . Any links please ?

Xanatos2007
05-13-2010, 09:10 AM
Obviously you didn't try hard enough. (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=assassins+creed+ii+renaissance+novel) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

balajidream
05-13-2010, 11:21 AM
oh great.... i am not aware of the boook.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Meleth1977
05-13-2010, 12:12 PM
But judging by the amazon reviews it is not a book I'd pay money to read...

O6EvolutionIXMR
05-13-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Meleth1977:

Yes. Such great reviews on there to go by when making a decision on your purchase. For example:

This book has a very simple plot. A teenage boy in Renaissance Italy wants revenge for the murder of his family members who are involved in a conflict between The Knights Templar and another group of suppossed assassins, so he trains to become an assassin himself and kills almost every man that he meets and sleeps with every woman he meets. There is also some silly secondary mystery about a "Codex" that is supposed to uncover some great weapon or truth. The book ends with the Assassin finding out that the Roman Gods really existed. That's it. Nothing more. So all the killing in the book was for nothing, except for the author making some money on a stupid plot that makes no sense. The Knights Templar have been really catching it lately. They are being blamed for almost every tragedy in history. Do yourself a favor and save some money. Don't buy this book. If you feel that you must read it get it from your local public library. This is a real stinker.

Yeah, i'm sure that person played the game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Here's another one. I like the way it begins especially:

I've never played the game so I wasn't biased - I didn't care if it was better/worse than the game. Overall, it was an okay read. There were interesting characters - especially Leonardo da Vinci was fabulous! - but overall, they lacked depth. The book was fast-paced - to the point where the action just whooshed past you. The fights weren't described in detail, just skimmed over to get the reader from one point to another - after all, the book covered 27 years of plot and history. I would have preferred if the author left out some parts and focused on others in more detail. Also, for an experienced Assassin, Ezio sometimes made stupid, glaring mistakes! And the more experienced he became, the more mistakes he made, go figure! Nonetheless, it was fun. Until the end...! That was so obscure that it lacked any sense at all.

^As soon as I read the first line of this review, it was clear as to why the low rating.

I'd give my insight on it, but since I purchased it 2 months ago, I haven't had a chance to read it.

O6EvolutionIXMR
05-13-2010, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by O6EvolutionIXMR:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Meleth1977:

Yes. Such great reviews on there to go by when making a decision on your purchase. For example:

This book has a very simple plot. A teenage boy in Renaissance Italy wants revenge for the murder of his family members who are involved in a conflict between The Knights Templar and another group of suppossed assassins, so he trains to become an assassin himself and kills almost every man that he meets and sleeps with every woman he meets. There is also some silly secondary mystery about a "Codex" that is supposed to uncover some great weapon or truth. The book ends with the Assassin finding out that the Roman Gods really existed. That's it. Nothing more. So all the killing in the book was for nothing, except for the author making some money on a stupid plot that makes no sense. The Knights Templar have been really catching it lately. They are being blamed for almost every tragedy in history. Do yourself a favor and save some money. Don't buy this book. If you feel that you must read it get it from your local public library. This is a real stinker.

Yeah, i'm sure that person played the game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I've never played the game so I wasn't biased - I didn't care if it was better/worse than the game. Overall, it was an okay read. There were interesting characters - especially Leonardo da Vinci was fabulous! - but overall, they lacked depth. The book was fast-paced - to the point where the action just whooshed past you. The fights weren't described in detail, just skimmed over to get the reader from one point to another - after all, the book covered 27 years of plot and history. I would have preferred if the author left out some parts and focused on others in more detail. Also, for an experienced Assassin, Ezio sometimes made stupid, glaring mistakes! And the more experienced he became, the more mistakes he made, go figure! Nonetheless, it was fun. Until the end...! That was so obscure that it lacked any sense at all.

^As soon as I read the first line of this review, it was clear as to why the low rating.

I'd give my insight on it, but since I purchased it 2 months ago, I haven't had a chance to read it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

O6EvolutionIXMR
05-13-2010, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by O6EvolutionIXMR:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by O6EvolutionIXMR:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Meleth1977:

I'd give my insight on it, but since I purchased it 2 months ago, I haven't had a chance to read it.

Meleth1977
05-13-2010, 01:06 PM
I read the four pages that are available at amazon.com and they matched the negative reviews. The language was pretty simple and made me hesitant. But I might buy it anyway because I'm curious. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

xtiger
05-13-2010, 08:03 PM
Just make up your own version as to what happened between Christina and Enzio. It'll be just as valid as a bad pulp novel. And if you want the two of them tow have hooked up, who's to say you're wrong. After all isn't Enzio and ancestor of Desmond? otherwise what's the dna memory thing all about (well besides a thin plot line to make the story have some continuity)

An_Idea
05-13-2010, 10:02 PM
gotta give it to ubisoft though, they know how to market their product.

not counting this (http://www.totalformat.com/forum/gaming-console-news/195427-gi-news-armed-police-swoop-ubisoft-page-ranking-stunt.html) of course

Abeonis
05-14-2010, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by xtiger:
Just make up your own version as to what happened between Christina and Enzio.

Whose Enzio?