PDA

View Full Version : Bah @ Best Buy

Arsonide
03-12-2005, 02:58 PM
The only way I can get this game is through Best Buy, because I have $26 of a gift certificate left there. I called'em up today to ask when they will get it in, since their online site says "September 2004". Apparently the clerk uses the same site that's available to public domain, because he didn't know anything about it releasing Tuesday, he thought it's been out for 6 months. He also said the distribution center hasn't gotten any copies of it yet...he did say "We have 4 on order." FOUR? Four copies? I'm highly confused...but all I know is they better have Silent Hunter 3 on Tuesday or heads will roll.

Dominicrigg
03-12-2005, 03:07 PM
**The wail of sirens can be heard in the background**

"Ok we have bestbuy surrounded, Arsonide Step away from the guilotine and come out with your hands up!!"

hauitsme
03-12-2005, 03:12 PM
Kinda sounds like we have an insurgent loose around here. Will you be posting a video of the beheadings?

necrobaron
03-12-2005, 03:14 PM
I've had similar incidences at my local EB. They seem completely oblivious to any game other than ones like Halo 2 or GTA. I just hope they have SHIII when their website says they will. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

archer49d
03-12-2005, 03:18 PM
The guy at my EB store is fanatical about SH3, so he's making sure all 5 of us (and him) who pre-ordered it will have it Tues or Wed.

Mon Pavion
03-12-2005, 03:19 PM
I will never buy any games from best buy or best buy tyoe stores again. No one there knows anything about gaming. They dont put many new releases(espeacially PC game) on the selves right away. Sometimes they dont even sell new releases for PC. The PC section at the the best buy by my house is down to half a shelve, maybe a dozen games in all.

If your gonna buy a game in a store, then a store completely dedicated to gaming is the way to go. Eg:Gamestop or something like that. But even that is a strech. Unfortunatly PC seem to be discriminated against. If it doesnt have "GTA" in the title, then people at those stores dont know it even exsits.

Sucks you have to go to best buy. My bet is it wont even be on the shelves until a week after it comes out.