PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone want a female assassin?

bmxatl
02-14-2011, 08:44 PM
So... I'm not being sexist.... but why does everyone want a female main character? IMO, she would be way too vulnerable and hard to relate to. (What I am saying is,almost the whole market to the AC games are males, and the only ones who would relate would be women) This is mainly the reason why I don't think Ubi would make a female character, because the game wouldn't sell well... But what is you guys' opinion?

kriegerdesgottes
02-14-2011, 08:48 PM
we are going to take a beating for it but.....I'm with ya. I also don't have any problems with women at all, that's just ridiculous but I agree they are not relatable to the majority of fans and in any other game sure go for it, but the point of assassin's creed as you will read in the comics is "son of the of the son" like it also says in the comics. long story short. I agree.

Avl521
02-14-2011, 09:17 PM
I don't understand what's the issue with a lot of people that always say they don't want female characters.

Ok, I can see your point of view, I understand, and I als understand you're not being sexist or anyhting bad.
But I don't see the big issue, if they write her character, personality, issues, struggles and skills well, no matter if the character is male or female, it can be one of the greatest characters ever.

So I would like to see a Female Assassin. Plus, I'm a guy, I agree I wouldn't relate as much to a female character, but I wouldn't complain either... jsut think about the serious female gamers out there that have to play games full of dudes... it's the same thing.

ShadowRage41
02-14-2011, 09:27 PM
I am with you as well... I would prefer a male lead character. to address your statement I am not sure the majority of AC players want a female lead character. perhaps on (this forum) but I am not sure the (overall majority) of players desire that...

I had wondered when this would come up however.

LadyGahan2010
02-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Who says everyone? :O I'm a female, I'm all for female assassin's in games, the sisterhood and all that, but I wouldn't want a female main character. Why? Because it would be oversexed - like Lara Croft, Bloodrayne... Just walking and talking and assassinating bog boobs on long legs. No, thanks. I focus better if there a male on screen

ThaWhistle
02-14-2011, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by LadyGahan2010:
Who says everyone? :O I'm a female, I'm all for female assassin's in games, the sisterhood and all that, but I wouldn't want a female main character. Why? Because it would be oversexed - like Lara Croft, Bloodrayne... Just walking and talking and assassinating bog boobs on long legs. No, thanks. I focus better if there a male on screen

this. I can't think of any game with a female main character that isn't oversexed.

robinzx
02-14-2011, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LadyGahan2010:

this. I can't think of any game with a female main character that isn't oversexed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree completely with the logic, but some un-oversexed female leads:

Yuna - FFX
Madison Paige - Heavy Rain

Lucy Stillman??

ThaWhistle
02-14-2011, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by robinzx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LadyGahan2010:

this. I can't think of any game with a female main character that isn't oversexed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yuna - FFX

Lucy Stillman?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

youre joking right?

look at lucys appearance in AC1 vs AC2. all of a sudden her lips and knockers got massive.

i had to look up the other two. the first page of google image results seem to agree with female leads being oversexed.

the ONLY female main character I can think of that is never sexualized ever is Kreia from KOTOR II

Ass4ssin8me
02-14-2011, 10:58 PM
Cuz tha f3mal35 R 1337 H0tz.

Seriously though, I would prefer, a Male lead. Don't ask me me why, but some games I prefer Male leads others Female.
No reason, just for me personally, I don't think a female lead would suit well.

TullsterUK
02-14-2011, 11:39 PM
I disagree, leaving the obviously oversexed games characters like Lara Croft to one side I dont see any reason not to have a female lead character, the female assassins available after recruitment in Brotherhood were perfectly reasonable and not overtly sexy.

It works in games like Fable, the player has a choice at the beginning......male or female lead character........I dont see the issues some allude towards.

Spoiler alert if you havnt got that far yet but a female character is inducted in the guild during brotherhood so the precedent for having female assassins is already established, in addition Miss Stilman revealed herself to be an assassin at the start of AC2.

Bring it on I say......do it sensible and give players the choice and it will work fine.

Kevin.

ThaWhistle
02-15-2011, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by TullsterUK:
I disagree, leaving the obviously oversexed games characters like Lara Croft to one side I dont see any reason not to have a female lead character, the female assassins available after recruitment in Brotherhood were perfectly reasonable and not overtly sexy.

It works in games like Fable, the player has a choice at the beginning......male or female lead character........I dont see the issues some allude towards.

Spoiler alert if you havnt got that far yet but a female character is inducted in the guild during brotherhood so the precedent for having female assassins is already established, in addition Miss Stilman revealed herself to be an assassin at the start of AC2.

Bring it on I say......do it sensible and give players the choice and it will work fine.

Kevin.

caterina, lucrezia, claudia and kind of even maria. all are pretty oversexed. then again so is ezio, but he doesnt have a massive pendulous pants bulge that a woman would have(big ole knockers in that case)

I seriously doubt the AC series will have a female playable character unless they do some spinoff down the line.

Axe_Murderer
02-15-2011, 12:11 AM
I kinda like having female leads simply because look at how many games have male leads. I loved final fantasy 13 part of that was because of lightning. Not to often are games released with female leads and its a nice change. I'm going through all of my games all the way to PS1 and I have 2 games with female leads.....thats it. Do you guys have problems with big boobs or short skirts or something?

Alpha Ender
02-15-2011, 12:12 AM
I dunno. They've had female Assassins in their history, and you can even recruit females in Brotherhood, but...I can see several reasons for NOT doing it. The oversexing thing, yes. The fact that the market still panders to males (see above point), yes. There's also a game mechanic to it though, and that is that you (Desmond) synchronize with the Animus and his ancestor.

While hilarious and effeminate hijinks would occur if Desmond synched with a female ancestor, I can already see the forum boards being filled with "WTF why can't I grab my own boobs", or "make a nude skin for Uplay please", and so on.

Lastly, I don't think Ubi will do that because there's already ****SPOILERS**** been so many references to suns and "find her in Eden" and such.****END SPOILERS**** I just think the gender line has kind of been drawn in AC, and honestly, I don't mind too much. The storyline has been set, it's not like it's a wide variety storyline like Fable or huge RPG's.

Edit: Axe_Murderer, I strongly doubt that any heterosexual male has problems with big boobs or short skirts per se. For me, it's just how prevalent they are in the video game genre. I feel like they substitute that for an actual storyline because, hell, they know we're going to be placated with one of the two things, so why not do the easy one and code her (female lead) to be ridiculous?

Axe_Murderer
02-15-2011, 12:42 AM
The thing with over sexing is that yeah it may be a little over done but you know that it is all about sex appeal in the world we live in. I'm just thinking that its dumb that female leads are being left out just because of sex appeal. Yeah little boys are going to freak out but I just want something different in my games, but then again I am 22 years old so I probably won't be drooling over a game character or pitching a tent.

Razrback16
02-15-2011, 04:57 AM
#1 -- not sure why you ask why does "EVERYONE" want a female assassin? I surely don't, and I don't think the majority does either.

BeCk41
02-15-2011, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by Avl521:
I don't understand what's the issue with a lot of people that always say they don't want female characters.

Ok, I can see your point of view, I understand, and I als understand you're not being sexist or anyhting bad.
But I don't see the big issue, if they write her character, personality, issues, struggles and skills well, no matter if the character is male or female, it can be one of the greatest characters ever.

So I would like to see a Female Assassin. Plus, I'm a guy, I agree I wouldn't relate as much to a female character, but I wouldn't complain either... jsut think about the serious female gamers out there that have to play games full of dudes... it's the same thing.

I agree, mostly all single or multiplayer games I've played usually have 'only' male leads, and there are hardely very many female heroins. I don't usually like the way woman are portrayed in some games, as sex objects (Mafia 2) and several others. If you guessed it I am a 'girl gamer' and love strong, female leads in games (TR). I mean I don't usually complain about it if there's a guy lead character, but at least have the option for gamers to pick. And I http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif LOVE how Ubisoft incorporated the option of 'Female Assassins' in the multiplayer! I've noticed a lot more games are more open to more diversity now (Mass Effect-design any race) and I think that is AMAZING! Men are equal to Woman and there should be no argument about that. I would be generally surprised if the next Ubisoft game AC3- the main character was a girl! That would blow my mind!!! Please don't try to argue with my set way of thinking, hint, hint.

Xanatos2007
02-15-2011, 05:15 AM
Oh Christ, not again. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/8841087009/p/1) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

BeCk41
02-15-2011, 05:20 AM
Dang it, I think I posted in the wrong forum again! Why does this keep happening to me! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Maybe not- hey this one is on both Assassin's Creed general topic and the ACB Multipplayer topic? Now I'm confused.

kriegerdesgottes
02-15-2011, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Oh Christ, not again. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/8841087009/p/1) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

lol We are not going through that again. I think most of us are saying that lead female characters are def great in some games but not so much in AC. I agree it isn't fair not to use women because of the inevitable oversexing that is usually done but you can't use women from the story like lucrezia because it has to be an ancester of desmond. Plus the storyline has already been described as the son of the son of the son.

SolidSage
02-15-2011, 09:58 AM
I'd like to see a female assassin in a lead role, ideally in a co-op mode with a male character. But if she was the solo lead I would be happy with it, why not.
As far as the oversexed issue goes, I think Ubi did a fine job with the female MP characters and lets be honest, Ezio's had his shirt off plenty and he's no slouch in the physical/athletic department either, so I say bring the 'big bouncies' and the 'bubble butt', I'm all for it!

Avl521
02-15-2011, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by BeCk41:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Avl521:

I agree, mostly all single or multiplayer games I've played usually have 'only' male leads, and there are hardely very many female heroins. I don't usually like the way woman are portrayed in some games, as sex objects (Mafia 2) and several others. If you guessed it I am a 'girl gamer' and love strong, female leads in games (TR). I mean I don't usually complain about it if there's a guy lead character, but at least have the option for gamers to pick. And I http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif LOVE how Ubisoft incorporated the option of 'Female Assassins' in the multiplayer! I've noticed a lot more games are more open to more diversity now (Mass Effect-design any race) and I think that is AMAZING! Men are equal to Woman and there should be no argument about that. I would be generally surprised if the next Ubisoft game AC3- the main character was a girl! That would blow my mind!!! Please don't try to argue with my set way of thinking, hint, hint. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You make good points there! Mass Effect is a perfect example right there.

And I'm a guy but my AC:B MP Characters in order in case they are taken is:
1. Thief.
2. Hellequin.
3. Courtesan.
4. Prowler.
5. Doctor.

So I really enjoy playing (at least the MP) with female assassins.

Now about not wanting Female characters due to oversexing: So I assume girls shouldn't want male characters due to steroids?

It's true most female characters are over stereotyped to get sex appeal, but that's almost always because they're seen as the main character's love interest.

Non oversexed females in videogames:
<LI> Aerith in FF VII Advent Children (CGI yeah, but she looks pretty. Not sexual.)
<LI> Alyx Vance in Half Life.
<LI> Bayonetta (yeah, that was sarcasm... but she's awesome!)
<LI> Chloe Frazer and Elena Fisher in Uncharted (They're pretty, they're sexy, but they're simply awesome characters and they don't have huge "attributes".)
<LI> GLaDOS. You have to admit it.
<LI> Jade in BG&E.
<LI> Lightning in FF XIII and soon XII-2 (She's extremely beautiful, she's a good lead character and considering she comes from japan, it's a pleasant surprise that her breasts aren't as big as her head or even more.)
<LI> Yuna in FF X and X-2.
<LI> Samus until the latest Metroid... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif
<LI> Jill Valentine until RE5 when she was placed in a super tight suit.
<LI> I'd say Ada Wong... but her red dress in RE4 was a bit... yeah... you know... yeah...
<LI> The Female version of Commander Shepard.
<LI> Faith in Mirror's Edge.
<LI> Princess Ashe in FF XII.
<LI> The Boss in Metal Gear Solid.

Most of them are not Main Characters but they're very good or at least decent characters nonetheless. The reason why most female characters are generally placed as sexual objects of desire in games is because:
1. Most gamers are guys, so developers think every guy out there wants to see huge boobs.

2. Japanese developers come up with incredible ideas like Dead Or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball or the "waggling boob motion" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

3. Most Japanese developers assume they should create female characters just as the Anime hentai characters are created.

4. Developers assume gamers don't want to play as females, so they place women as love interests... and since you can't keep everyone happy with a love interest, just make a chick everyone would bang and you will surely have success. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

5. The games that sell the most (CoD I'm looking at you with sad eyes.) are military shooters, and women are not exactly common as soldiers so "ITZ NOT REALZ!". Then other developers go the copycat way and we get stupid and extremely bad clones of successful games.

Overall, I think the issue is simply prejudice or some sort of misconception.

Then again, yeah, I like to play as my Assassin dude... but I wouldn't mind playing as a beautiful but deadly female Assassin. And yeah, there's a HUGE difference between beautiful and oversexed.

crash3
02-15-2011, 03:00 PM
i wouldnt feel comfortable playing as a female assassin-they should play a large part in the brotherhood but shouldnt be desmonds ancestor

dchil279
02-15-2011, 09:27 PM
I would prefer an male lead character like the majority like the majority because it's more believable, but IF we were to have a female lead in AC(?) (<<<? any news on the next 'real' game?) I would want her to be over the top sexy. But hey, that's just me.

Randy 355
02-15-2011, 10:36 PM
Ubisoft isn't going to "oversexify" any lead female character. The sexiest females in Assassin's Creed is Catarina Sforza and Lucrezia(story wise anyhow, forget coutesans cause it's their job to be sexy. It's history.), and they aren't overdone. It was simply their nature.

Look at the rest of the Assassin's Creed females. Lucy, Rebecca, Rosa, Claudia, any female assassin. They look like average women. A Female Assassin as the main character would be done right. Her breasts would be average in size, or even smaller. Her robes would be discreet. It's not like Ubisoft to sell their games through sexy characters.

As far as relating goes, there is a lot of relation that can be applied through both male and female leads. I'm sure anyone can feel the anger of betrayal, pain through suffering, and so on. I'm sure I could relate to a female character fine (I have before...).

LordWolv
02-16-2011, 12:29 AM
Hmm, I'm not being sexist or anything but I expect I would be able to relate to a male assassin better. Sure - If there was a female assassin she wouldn't dress/look like your average courtesan but mentally I understand the male mind (Obviously) and I therefore would prefer that. However, I would not complain nor be sad if this was the case.

Ass4ssin8me
02-16-2011, 03:07 AM
^ What he said. I would rather a Male, but wouldn't complain if it was, a female.

Nice new sig by the way =P

bmxatl
02-16-2011, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Razrback16:
#1 -- not sure why you ask why does "EVERYONE" want a female assassin? I surely don't, and I don't think the majority does either. I didn't mean EVERYONE per say, just a lot of people on the forums talking about this idea.

BlackRose1809
02-16-2011, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by robinzx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThaWhistle:

Yuna - FFX

I both agree and disagree.

While I am a female, I don't think it's a bad idea to have like a side story with a female assassin, but the thing I don't like is that, yeah, they will prob oversex the character. If they keep it to a minimum, I would like it. But of course, they do want to keep the male fans intrested... so they would want to make her attractive.

LordWolv
02-16-2011, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:
Nice new sig by the way =P
Thanks.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

iN3krO
02-17-2011, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by BlackRose1809:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robinzx:

Yuna - FFX

I both agree and disagree.

While I am a female, I don't think it's a bad idea to have like a side story with a female assassin, but the thing I don't like is that, yeah, they will prob oversex the character. If they keep it to a minimum, I would like it. But of course, they do want to keep the male fans intrested... so they would want to make her attractive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't see anyproblem to play with a female character, it should be difrent and maybe better (:

I'm a boy but i hate see games always be the same thing.... WW II is just overplayed already, and that's why i don't like any call of duty before CoD4... CoD:BO history rocks a lot and is much difrent than others. You always play as a male, why don't we change and play with a female for 50hours???

If ubisoft works well her personality, they could make a good game (:

linguisticisms
02-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Why do I want a female Assassin? Why not? Why should this even be an issue? There aren't enough women in prominent roles in video games as it is.

"...she would be way too vulnerable"
How? Women are just as capable of murder as men, and contrary to popular belief, aren't weakened by their emotions (and can I just point out that Ezio is an extremely emotional man?).

"...almost the whole market to the AC games are males, and the only ones who would relate would be women."
The problem here is that people continue to assume that male = normative while female = other. Female consumers--in this case, female video game fans--are expected to identify with men, but only women can identify with women? There is so much wrong with that idea.

...because the game wouldn't sell well...
Because Metroid, Final Fantasy, Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive, and Lara Croft don't sell well. Because a new game in a pre-established, popular, critically acclaimed series wouldn't sell well. Right.

LibertyTree34
02-17-2011, 05:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TullsterUK:

Kevin.

caterina, lucrezia, claudia and kind of even maria. all are pretty oversexed. then again so is ezio, but he doesnt have a massive pendulous pants bulge that a woman would have(big ole knockers in that case)

I seriously doubt the AC series will have a female playable character unless they do some spinoff down the line. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ezio is way oversexed. I don't think it's a bad thing, but the dude is a P-I-M-P in both games.

Serrachio
02-17-2011, 06:15 PM
I'd think it'd be really cool if half the game you played as Desmond, then maybe sometimes when Desmond uses the Animus, it switches over to 'Eve' and her efforts to get to 'Eden' before Desmond.

We could also see Lucy's recovery (if she does recover) and maybe some hospital bed Animus missions. Maybe Rebecca can make an Animus that Lucy can sync into during a coma etc. and we play as one of Lucy's assassin ancestors.

SweetsMachineGun
02-17-2011, 07:01 PM
I'm really disappointed that some of the men here are saying you're not sexist and yet you wouldn't want a female character because you couldn't "relate" to her, or that only females could "relate" to her because of your male perspective. I mean, really, guys? We're both human beings. Women a lot of the same feelings as Men do. Why do you have to treat women like some alien race that is impossible to empathize with? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

I am able to empathize completely with a male protagonist, and I don't see why having a protagonist of your opposite gender would do anything to hinder making a character relatable. Guys like you really make me want to go lesbian, really. I hate being considered "other" because of my gender.

Serrachio
02-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by sharkbot:
I'm really disappointed that some of the men here are saying you're not sexist and yet you wouldn't want a female character because you couldn't "relate" to her, or that only females could "relate" to her because of you male perspective. I mean, really, guys? We're both human beings. Women a lot of the same feelings as Men do. Why do you have to treat women like some alien race that is impossible to empathize with? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

I am able to empathize completely with a male protagonist, and I don't see why having a protagonist of your opposite gender would do anything to hinder making a character relatable. Guys like you really make me want to go lesbian, really. I hate being considered "other" because of my gender.

I have to say I'm not one of these people. I loved FFX for Yuna and Rikku and I loved Bayonetta for her character, not her boobs. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Also, Welcome to the Forums.

ThaWhistle
02-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by LibertyTree34:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TullsterUK:

Kevin.

I seriously doubt the AC series will have a female playable character unless they do some spinoff down the line. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ezio is way oversexed. I don't think it's a bad thing, but the dude is a P-I-M-P in both games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

everyone loves pimps. Ezio is like a renaissance Most interesting man in the world. Men want to be him, women want to be on him.

An oversexed historical female probably couldnt have the same effect.

But because of how the games work, through desmonds genetic memory, we probably wont see a female main character. unless there is a spinoff game, but I kind of hope they don't make spinoffs.

but whatever happens happens. I trust monkeys with typewriters that make these games.

linguisticisms
02-17-2011, 10:01 PM
Why wouldn't it work? Women have DNA, too.

Serrachio
02-17-2011, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by linguisticisms:
Why wouldn't it work? Women have DNA, too.

Desmond's character/personality isn't something that most people can visualize in a woman. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing to have a female assassin main character, but it wouldn't suit who Desmond is.

linguisticisms
02-17-2011, 10:37 PM
Neither Altair nor Ezio really suits who Desmond is either. He resembles them, but personality-wise, he is really nothing like them.

And frankly, I'm kind of disappointed at the insinuation that only men can have Desmond's personality type.

Serrachio
02-17-2011, 11:19 PM
Neither Altair nor Ezio really suits who Desmond is either. He resembles them, but personality-wise, he is really nothing like them.

And frankly, I'm kind of disappointed at the insinuation that only men can have Desmond's personality type.

When I say that, what I mean is, how would you think Desmond would react in a woman's body, compared to how he acts in Ezio or Altair's body.

linguisticisms
02-17-2011, 11:25 PM
He'd be a little weirded out and then get over it. Considering the Templars are poised to brainwash the world and spoiler spoiler spoiler just happened in Brotherhood, I'd say he's got bigger problems.

SweetsMachineGun
02-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Personally I wouldn't really want DESMOND to live the memories of one of his female ancestors, simply because I think it would complicate things too much bring gender identity issues in with the whole bleeding effect thing. The poor guy suffers enough already.

I definitely would like to play as a female assassin, though. Perhaps through the ancestral memories of Lucy or Rebecca?

beacuase...
02-18-2011, 04:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robinzx:

Yuna - FFX

youre joking right?

look at lucys appearance in AC1 vs AC2. all of a sudden her lips and knockers got massive.

i had to look up the other two. the first page of google image results seem to agree with female leads being oversexed.

the ONLY female main character I can think of that is never sexualized ever is Kreia from KOTOR II </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? Lucy got ugly as hell in AC 2. She looked like a botox monster. Trust me, no guy thought she was attractive. In AC 3, she was back to normal.

I think your mistaking 'Oversexed' with 'Pretty'. Oversexed is like, those insanely illogical outfits pretty much every female Final Fantasy character wore.

A couple more examples of non-oversexed female characters are Faith from Mirrors Edge, Elena from Uncharted 2 and Alyx from Half-Life 2.

Faith was also a good example of a female character that was easy to relate to.

beacuase...
02-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle

caterina, lucrezia, claudia and kind of even maria. all are pretty oversexed

Sorry to double-post, but this is complete, total crap. Yeah, Caterina is well endowed and sexy, because she's Ezio's LOVE INTEREST! And Lucrezia is also wearing a couple of massive floaties, because she's the dominant, powerful female antagonist, and sex is a form of power. She's also ugly as sin.

But you think CLAUDIA and MARIA are oversexed??? Are you insane???

They both wear what would be considered decent clothing today, let alone Rome in 1500!

To add to that, the single biggest piece of evidence I can give you that neither of them are oversexed or were ever designed to be, is that they're Ezio's SISTER and MOTHER. I don't really think Ubisoft would give Ezio the hottest sister and mother you can wet-dream up of. Firstly, you're meant to relate to Claudia as a younger sister, that Ezio needs to protect, not some sex object. Same thing with Maria.

I don't care how much of those sexy little ankles you can see, Claudia and Maria are not oversexed. That is the dumbest thing I've read on this forum.

evilkitten28
02-18-2011, 09:37 PM
If you develop and create it....they will play.

Now I don't like the ginormous boobs, the outfits a ****** would pass up or the completely unnatural standing poses of 'most' female characters, if it's a game I like, I try to ignore it and just keep playing. Why? Because I have no choice if I want to play the game. I know it was designed to titillate the guys and not me(check the sig, I'm a female).

I loved loved loved that Ubisoft gave us female assassins!! When I saw the some of the first trailers for AC:B the first thing I noticed was the "lady-ssassin" but I feel like it was just a taste of what the could give us if they wanted.

But I would play an AC with a female lead ONLY if they don't oversex her AND they don't make her a horribly filthy-mouthed (Caterina, I'm looking at you) harlot.

Ezio was a P-I-M-P, true...but I find it hard to believe that anyone would accept that same behavior from a female lead. That goes back to the difference between a girl who sleeps around and a guy who sleeps around and we don't want to get into that on these forums please.

Oh and can we please stop using Desmond as a reason for why there shouldn't be or couldn't be a female assassin?
Look at Ezio and look at Desmond....Do you really think that Ubisoft would create a female lead only to give her Desmond's face? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

I don't think so.

SolidSage
02-18-2011, 10:04 PM
Desmond and Eve's descendant co-op memory sequences. Problem solved.

Or, playable MP characters on SP option, after story mode completion.

SweetsMachineGun
02-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Wzu_:

Yuna - FFX

youre joking right?

the ONLY female main character I can think of that is never sexualized ever is Kreia from KOTOR II </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? Lucy got ugly as hell in AC 2. She looked like a botox monster. Trust me, no guy thought she was attractive. In AC 3, she was back to normal.

I think your mistaking 'Oversexed' with 'Pretty'. Oversexed is like, those insanely illogical outfits pretty much every female Final Fantasy character wore.

A couple more examples of non-oversexed female characters are Faith from Mirrors Edge, Elena from Uncharted 2 and Alyx from Half-Life 2.

Faith was also a good example of a female character that was easy to relate to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm gonna have to agree that these characters are in no way oversexualized. I guess I can understand if you want a higher ratio of ugly females, but really a lot of the main guys in AC are stereotypically attractive too (save for characters like Mario). They may not be revealing much, but they have the kind of stereotypical slim muscular "I go to the gym everyday" underwear model look going on. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

ArtisticSecret
02-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by bmxatl:
So... I'm not being sexist.... but why does everyone want a female main character? IMO, she would be way too vulnerable and hard to relate to. (What I am saying is,almost the whole market to the AC games are males, and the only ones who would relate would be women) This is mainly the reason why I don't think Ubi would make a female character, because the game wouldn't sell well... But what is you guys' opinion?

Just a Couple of words.. LARA CROFT? lol I agree what you're saying to a degree but if she was Incredibly hot and skilled. people would buy it.

eagleforlife1
02-20-2011, 02:54 AM

Yuna - FFX

youre joking right?

Faith was also a good example of a female character that was easy to relate to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Personally I thought Lucy was quite attractive in AC2 and Brotherhood.

beatledude210
02-20-2011, 12:19 PM
I think it's cool how they make the ancestor and Desmond look just alike, and this would be kind of exterminated if there was a Female Protagonist. It would look like Desmond's face on a girl's head and body if they tried to make them look alike.

masterfenix2009
02-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by evilkitten28:

Now I don't like the ginormous boobs, the outfits a ****** would pass up or the completely unnatural standing poses of 'most' female characters, if it's a game I like, I try to ignore it and just keep playing. Why? Because I have no choice if I want to play the game. I know it was designed to titillate the guys and not me(check the sig, I'm a female).

I loved loved loved that Ubisoft gave us female assassins!! When I saw the some of the first trailers for AC:B the first thing I noticed was the "lady-ssassin" but I feel like it was just a taste of what the could give us if they wanted.

But I would play an AC with a female lead ONLY if they don't oversex her AND they don't make her a horribly filthy-mouthed (Caterina, I'm looking at you) harlot.

Ezio was a P-I-M-P, true...but I find it hard to believe that anyone would accept that same behavior from a female lead. That goes back to the difference between a girl who sleeps around and a guy who sleeps around and we don't want to get into that on these forums please.

Oh and can we please stop using Desmond as a reason for why there shouldn't be or couldn't be a female assassin?
Look at Ezio and look at Desmond....Do you really think that Ubisoft would create a female lead only to give her Desmond's face? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

I don't think so.
I thought that was what made Caterina awesome. Yeah, she swore,but that showed her fire, character, and independence. I like that way she is a good person and a fun character.

ThaWhistle
02-20-2011, 10:29 PM

youre joking right?

the ONLY female main character I can think of that is never sexualized ever is Kreia from KOTOR II

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks for putting words in my mouth. You arethe one who is mistaking oversexed with pretty. Lucy in AC1 looked like a normal human. but in AC2, the knockers and lips swelled up to epic proportions. I never said she was attractive in AC2, just that her look changed drastically.

also, compare these images of claudia and maria from AC2 and ACB.

Here is maria and claudia in AC2
http://assassinscreed.wikia.co...io_Claudia_Maria.jpg (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/File:Ezio_Claudia_Maria.jpg)

and claudia in ACB
http://assassinscreed.wikia.co...Zw-acb-claudia-2.jpg (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/File:Zw-acb-claudia-2.jpg)
http://images1.wikia.nocookie....y_ladyve-d31a3bd.jpg (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101224135554/assassinscreed/images/b/bb/Claudia_in_brotherhood_by_ladyve-d31a3bd.jpg)

perhaps oversexed wasn't the proper word choice before, but the appearance has changed to make them alot more visually pleasing. In AC2, yes, they were meant more as characters to sympathise with, but in ACB, between hte brothel and the model changes, I think they through that out the window.

evilkitten28
02-20-2011, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by assassino151:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by evilkitten28:

I don't think so.
I thought that was what made Caterina awesome. Yeah, she swore,but that showed her fire, character, and independence. I like that way she is a good person and a fun character. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True...it wasn't JUST that she was swearing(I'm no prude), it was some of the things she said. Vulgar does not even BEGIN to describe them. I get that that was her character but having the title character talk like that would be off-putting to say the least.

linguisticisms
02-20-2011, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by evilkitten28:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassino151:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by evilkitten28:

I don't think so.
I thought that was what made Caterina awesome. Yeah, she swore,but that showed her fire, character, and independence. I like that way she is a good person and a fun character. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True...it wasn't JUST that she was swearing(I'm no prude), it was some of the things she said. Vulgar does not even BEGIN to describe them. I get that that was her character but having the title character talk like that would be off-putting to say the least. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The real Caterina Sforza was reportedly like that. The whole scene in the Battle of Forli sequence, where she flashes the Orsi brothers? Yeah, she supposedly really said that. She also personally trained her own soldiers.

vorenus73
02-21-2011, 10:19 AM
Ubi wants sales of the game, the majority of people who play this kind of game are males, so they will stick with a male main character.

I think a female assassin of Ezio's status in Renaissance Italy would be a bit of a stretch too. Unless she were from a noble family which made everyone treat her like gold because they were scared of her father. That's just how things were.

Starsfan1009
02-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Tomb Raider. A majority of guys have played one of the games of her series at some point in their lives and have, more than likely, loved every bit of it. Is it just because she carries twin pistols vs. a hidden blade? Only to those shallow gamers that care about nothing more than appearance. It's the story that makes characters so great. It was the adventures she went on that made her appeal to the masses. I don't know why we wouldn't want that for the AC series. I guess I just don't understand how a female character couldn't be as relatable. We all share the same emotions and motives for doing what we do.

linguisticisms
02-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by vorenus73:
I think a female assassin of Ezio's status in Renaissance Italy would be a bit of a stretch too. Unless she were from a noble family which made everyone treat her like gold because they were scared of her father. That's just how things were.

That is not just "how things were." Caterina Sforza, Isabella d'Este, Caterina de' Medici--all Italian women who wielded political power in their own right. Lucrezia Borgia committed political assassination. It would not be as historically inaccurate as so many people seem to think.

ThaWhistle
02-21-2011, 10:46 AM
Ubi wants sales of the game, the majority of people who play this kind of game are males, so they will stick with a male main character.

what linquisticisms said. Women in the renaissance weren't repressed how many people would think of them. there were alot of women who were social players. Before the 20th century, the positions women could hold flucuated in terms of how much freedom they had, and as far as renaissance italy went, that was a better place to be a woman than any other place in europe.

vorenus73
02-21-2011, 12:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vorenus73:
That is not just "how things were." Caterina Sforza, Isabella d'Este, Caterina de' Medici--all Italian women who wielded political power in their own right. Lucrezia Borgia committed political assassination. It would not be as historically inaccurate as so many people seem to think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>They did command power, lots of it, and there is no denying that. Ezio's family had money buit they were not nobility and did not have the kind of power that the families Borgia, Sforza, or Medici had. A female assassin would have to be from nobility / very powerful family. She couldn't come from any other class.

I know that women had it much better off in that time than in many other times in history, but there were still limitations.

linguisticisms
02-21-2011, 12:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by linguisticisms:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vorenus73:
That is not just "how things were." Caterina Sforza, Isabella d'Este, Caterina de' Medici--all Italian women who wielded political power in their own right. Lucrezia Borgia committed political assassination. It would not be as historically inaccurate as so many people seem to think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>They did command power, lots of it, and there is no denying that. Ezio's family had money buit they were not nobility and did not have the kind of power that the families Borgia, Sforza, or Medici had. A female assassin would have to be from nobility / very powerful family. She couldn't come from any other class.

I know that women had it much better off in that time than in many other times in history, but there were still limitations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty sure the database says the Auditore were nobility. They were, after all, the ruling family in Monteriggioni.

A noblewoman Assassin would probably make the most sense, yes, but they're not the only ones who had power. Courtesans, for instance, in any time or culture, had vast connections and the potential to wield immense power.

Besides, the Assassins aren't even about public power. They operate from the shadows. It's the Templars who have wedged themselves into positions of rank and power. Ezio didn't get into the Castel Sant'Angelo by using his rank.

vorenus73
02-21-2011, 12:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by linguisticisms:

I know that women had it much better off in that time than in many other times in history, but there were still limitations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty sure the database says the Auditore were nobility. They were, after all, the ruling family in Monteriggioni.

A noblewoman Assassin would probably make the most sense, yes, but they're not the only ones who had power. Courtesans, for instance, in any time or culture, had vast connections and the potential to wield immense power.

Besides, the Assassins aren't even about public power. They operate from the shadows. It's the Templars who have wedged themselves into positions of rank and power. Ezio didn't get into the Castel Sant'Angelo by using his rank. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may be right about the Autidore being nobility. I thought them to be kind of "upper middle class" but I may be wrong.

I guess my point was that for a woman in the Renaissance to lead some organization that employs the likes of Macchiavelli, Da Vinci, and runs the underground network in multiple big cities, she would have to be of the uppermost social class.

As just an Assassin, of course, could be anybody. I am thinking more of Ezio's role as the Maestro of the organization.

linguisticisms
02-21-2011, 01:00 PM

Besides, the Assassins aren't even about public power. They operate from the shadows. It's the Templars who have wedged themselves into positions of rank and power. Ezio didn't get into the Castel Sant'Angelo by using his rank. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may be right about the Autidore being nobility. I thought them to be kind of "upper middle class" but I may be wrong.

I guess my point was that for a woman in the Renaissance to lead some organization that employs the likes of Macchiavelli, Da Vinci, and runs the underground network in multiple big cities, she would have to be of the uppermost social class.

As just an Assassin, of course, could be anybody. I am thinking more of Ezio's role as the Maestro of the organization. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IIRC, there wasn't really a middle class at that time, since it was only just starting to emerge. And in any case, nobility does not necessarily have anything to do with wealth, though nobles were almost always wealthier than peasants.

Point, but the Assassins were pretty sophisticated in a lot of their philosophies. I mean, trusting in the populace and openly incorporating the working class (including thieves, prostitutes, and mercenaries)? And Altair was writing about religious, ethnic, and gender equality in the thirteenth century. La Volpe is almost certainly not nobility, and Antonio definitely isn't. We don't know if Bartolomeo is a nobleman: on one hand, he's related to the Orsini family; on the other, he doesn't actually have a surname, like Leonardo (d'Alviano and da Vinci both indicate the person's town of birth). As for Ezio, he became grand master entirely by his own merit.

ThaWhistle
02-21-2011, 04:47 PM

As just an Assassin, of course, could be anybody. I am thinking more of Ezio's role as the Maestro of the organization. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IIRC, there wasn't really a middle class at that time, since it was only just starting to emerge. And in any case, nobility does not necessarily have anything to do with wealth, though nobles were almost always wealthier than peasants.

Point, but the Assassins were pretty sophisticated in a lot of their philosophies. I mean, trusting in the populace and openly incorporating the working class (including thieves, prostitutes, and mercenaries)? And Altair was writing about religious, ethnic, and gender equality in the thirteenth century. La Volpe is almost certainly not nobility, and Antonio definitely isn't. We don't know if Bartolomeo is a nobleman: on one hand, he's related to the Orsini family; on the other, he doesn't actually have a surname, like Leonardo (d'Alviano and da Vinci both indicate the person's town of birth). As for Ezio, he became grand master entirely by his own merit.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually there was a middle class in Renaissance Florence. This explanation is going to lose some accuracy and detail, people have written entire books on this. Prepare to be bored.

They were called the "popolo." They were grouped differently from the regular peasants and farmers, as they were usually artisans, merchants skilled laborers, notaries, etc. In the maritime republics like Venice, Genoa, Amalfi and Pisa, the merchants generally became richer than landed nobility because the value of land and agriculture dropped after the plague passed, and the amount of money made by trade with the Levant was significantly higher than could be made by domestic land usage.

In Florence, alot of this wealth was spurred by the fabric trade, wool by far being the most important of them. Banking grew with the wool trade and eventually became much more profitable, as eventually the mass market wool trade began to leave Florence.

But anyways, Florence was strange in that during the late 15th century and 14th century it developed a sizable middle class.

Gender wouldn't matter as much as the social class, if this hypothetical female was a peasant male, they would be just as unlikely as a peasant female to rise to any position of prominence. Social mobility was there, but usually, you would only have people move from the middle to the top, or down, or the top to the middle, or etc. Having someone climb from the peasantry to the top of any recognized organization would be very rare.
The Medici for example, were part of the popolo, and rose to their high position. The pazzi were old nobility, and even without hte Medici, were on the downswing of their prominence. Think Old Money vs. New Money.
Im sure you could find instances of people becoming powerful in guilds, but it would be rare at best.

Vally7
02-22-2011, 09:46 AM
Personally I want a male assassin.Just my opinion.Like all said:I`m not sexist,it is just an opinion.

xangie1
02-22-2011, 01:34 PM
There have been high ranked, female Assassin's in the past. Look at the statues at Montereggioni, there's a female statue that looks pretty awesome! I'd like to know her story....

But as mentioned before by someone: the "son of the son of the son"-thing pretty much kills my hopes for a female lead.

In the end I don't really care. I can relate to a male character (just as much as a man could relate to a female character. And don't deny it! You just probably don't know it yourself). And yes: Desmond, Altair and Ezio are very attractive men and I really don't mind having such an attractive character in front of me for countless hours http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I'm happy enough that Assassin's Creed has an open minded philosophy on the role of women and takes them seriously instead of reducing them to sex. (I hope you understand what I'm trying to say....not too easy in english..)

I fell in love with Altair as he mentioned his rage against violance towards women in one of his codex pages. Really, I'd love to see more of this sort in games.

Mass Effect CAN have a cool female Sheppard, if you choose to. It's actually just a female version of a male "blueprint". But it shows beautifully that it doesn't matter if the lead is male or female. You can do the same with either man or woman. It's the cool Sheppard from the official posters in female skin and it doesn't feel odd. Not for one second. It fits just as perfectly as a male.

rob.davies2014
02-22-2011, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by bmxatl:
So... I'm not being sexist.... but why does everyone want a female main character?

Because we haven't had one yet...

SWJS
02-22-2011, 05:24 PM
Mass Effect CAN have a cool female Sheppard, if you choose to. It's actually just a female version of a male "blueprint". But it shows beautifully that it doesn't matter if the lead is male or female. You can do the same with either man or woman. It's the cool Sheppard from the official posters in female skin and it doesn't feel odd. Not for one second. It fits just as perfectly as a male.
Yeah, and Jennifer Hale is an amazing VA. If we have a setting in the French Revolution Ubi, HIRE JENNIFER HALE. She can play anybody. Even civilians. Thank you.

SMILLERISMYANME
02-28-2011, 10:15 AM
youre joking right?

[/QUOTE]

thanks for putting words in my mouth. You arethe one who is mistaking oversexed with pretty. Lucy in AC1 looked like a normal human. but in AC2, the knockers and lips swelled up to epic proportions. I never said she was attractive in AC2, just that her look changed drastically.

also, compare these images of claudia and maria from AC2 and ACB.

Here is maria and claudia in AC2
http://assassinscreed.wikia.co...io_Claudia_Maria.jpg (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/File:Ezio_Claudia_Maria.jpg)

and claudia in ACB
http://assassinscreed.wikia.co...Zw-acb-claudia-2.jpg (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/File:Zw-acb-claudia-2.jpg)
http://images1.wikia.nocookie....y_ladyve-d31a3bd.jpg (http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101224135554/assassinscreed/images/b/bb/Claudia_in_brotherhood_by_ladyve-d31a3bd.jpg)

perhaps oversexed wasn't the proper word choice before, but the appearance has changed to make them alot more visually pleasing. In AC2, yes, they were meant more as characters to sympathise with, but in ACB, between hte brothel and the model changes, I think they through that out the window.[/QUOTE]

errrmm, she has grown up?

SMILLERISMYANME
02-28-2011, 10:23 AM
and I think if they got the female character right, it wouldn't make a difference. They can make strong leading characters in books and films, so it's only fair that the video games industry follows suit.

sidjames61
02-28-2011, 10:49 AM
i beleve that thay want a female character because theres only one female character

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

itsamea-mario
02-28-2011, 11:20 AM
The main problem i see with a female character is, they'll end up going the way of so many others by creating a super attractive badass character clad in as little clothing as possible, and also with as little personality as possible. Therefore whoring out the game to please all the ***** gamers out there. If they can avoid that and give a realistic likeable charcter then i suppose that woulod be ok.

Problem being science dictates it cannot be a female ancestor, and what with it being Desmonds story, it's unlikely we will get one in the present.

IIwangcarsII
02-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Ubi could make a side game where you play as a female lead. It doesn't necessarily need to be Desmond's story, was Desmond the only person aloud to use the animus? i don't think so and there are 15 other subjects we could play with. Oh and name a female character on assassins creed that looks under dressed! Lucy is only wearing jeans and a futuristic t-shirt.

iN3krO
02-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by JetChrisUK:
Ubi could make a side game where you play as a female lead. It doesn't necessarily need to be Desmond's story, was Desmond the only person aloud to use the animus? i don't think so and there are 15 other subjects we could play with. Oh and name a female character on assassins creed that looks under dressed! Lucy is only wearing jeans and a futuristic t-shirt.

YOU ARE DESMOND that's why we can't revive another subject's ancestors -..-''

IIwangcarsII
02-28-2011, 11:43 AM
I'm talking about an assassins creed character who doesn't know Desmond. Since the game is called assassins creed the game doesn't necessarily need to involve an animus, we could play an assassin in set in the past.

dchil279
02-28-2011, 11:16 PM
I'd rather have a male assassin over a female assassin, but if Ubi decides to go with a female as the lead, I don't mind if her cosmetics are oversexed. As long as her personality aren't too provocative.

SolidSage
03-01-2011, 01:43 AM
Op: because ladies are special.

knightshad0w
03-01-2011, 05:27 AM
I wouldn't mind playing as a female assassin if they took the same route as valve did with chell in portal 2. They made her attractive, but not oversexed like a lot of other games do.

http://kotaku.com/#!5767246/th...2s-heroine-explained (http://kotaku.com/#!5767246/the-new-look-for-portal-2s-heroine-explained)

WalterLenssen
03-01-2011, 04:32 PM
as much as I like to see a female assassin as main character, I don't see ubi do it. The game has been about being the ancestor of adam and finding eve. if we were a female, eve's ancestor should be a man. or something like that at least http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

jcbart
03-01-2011, 04:38 PM
I'm not really sure what gender has to do with relating to/caring for a character, that's a little close minded, no?
I don't think "oh this character has boobs so nothing she does relates to me". If she is well developed and awesome (see Ezio as a perfect example) then I would love one. Plus it would be a nice change, we've played as male ancestors of Desmond for three games, I say it's time his great-great-great-grandmother has a go http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

TribeRucoo
03-01-2011, 10:54 PM
I think whichever gender they choose to put in the game, they'll do a great job at it. They have so far with the other games.

It would be nice maybe to have a choice though. Maybe with two ancestors, one male and one female, that went through the same experiences, and you could choose which ancestor you wanted to play with. And maybe they could even add in a co-op mode with that. (Though I don't know how that would work with the animus)

I think having a choice would please everybody and then we could see which one people would prefer when given the choice. If some are completely against a female lead character, then then will have the choice to never play as one, and vice-versa.

BeCk41
03-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Avl521:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BeCk41:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Avl521:

I agree, mostly all single or multiplayer games I've played usually have 'only' male leads, and there are hardely very many female heroins. I don't usually like the way woman are portrayed in some games, as sex objects (Mafia 2) and several others. If you guessed it I am a 'girl gamer' and love strong, female leads in games (TR). I mean I don't usually complain about it if there's a guy lead character, but at least have the option for gamers to pick. And I http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif LOVE how Ubisoft incorporated the option of 'Female Assassins' in the multiplayer! I've noticed a lot more games are more open to more diversity now (Mass Effect-design any race) and I think that is AMAZING! Men are equal to Woman and there should be no argument about that. I would be generally surprised if the next Ubisoft game AC3- the main character was a girl! That would blow my mind!!! Please don't try to argue with my set way of thinking, hint, hint. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You make good points there! Mass Effect is a perfect example right there.

And I'm a guy but my AC:B MP Characters in order in case they are taken is:
1. Thief.
2. Hellequin.
3. Courtesan.
4. Prowler.
5. Doctor.

So I really enjoy playing (at least the MP) with female assassins.

Now about not wanting Female characters due to oversexing: So I assume girls shouldn't want male characters due to steroids?

It's true most female characters are over stereotyped to get sex appeal, but that's almost always because they're seen as the main character's love interest.

Non oversexed females in videogames:
<LI> Aerith in FF VII Advent Children (CGI yeah, but she looks pretty. Not sexual.)
<LI> Alyx Vance in Half Life.
<LI> Bayonetta (yeah, that was sarcasm... but she's awesome!)
<LI> Chloe Frazer and Elena Fisher in Uncharted (They're pretty, they're sexy, but they're simply awesome characters and they don't have huge "attributes".)
<LI> GLaDOS. You have to admit it.
<LI> Jade in BG&E.
<LI> Lightning in FF XIII and soon XII-2 (She's extremely beautiful, she's a good lead character and considering she comes from japan, it's a pleasant surprise that her breasts aren't as big as her head or even more.)
<LI> Yuna in FF X and X-2.
<LI> Samus until the latest Metroid... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif
<LI> Jill Valentine until RE5 when she was placed in a super tight suit.
<LI> I'd say Ada Wong... but her red dress in RE4 was a bit... yeah... you know... yeah...
<LI> The Female version of Commander Shepard.
<LI> Faith in Mirror's Edge.
<LI> Princess Ashe in FF XII.
<LI> The Boss in Metal Gear Solid.

Most of them are not Main Characters but they're very good or at least decent characters nonetheless. The reason why most female characters are generally placed as sexual objects of desire in games is because:
1. Most gamers are guys, so developers think every guy out there wants to see huge boobs.

2. Japanese developers come up with incredible ideas like Dead Or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball or the "waggling boob motion" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

3. Most Japanese developers assume they should create female characters just as the Anime hentai characters are created.

4. Developers assume gamers don't want to play as females, so they place women as love interests... and since you can't keep everyone happy with a love interest, just make a chick everyone would bang and you will surely have success. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

5. The games that sell the most (CoD I'm looking at you with sad eyes.) are military shooters, and women are not exactly common as soldiers so "ITZ NOT REALZ!". Then other developers go the copycat way and we get stupid and extremely bad clones of successful games.

Overall, I think the issue is simply prejudice or some sort of misconception.

Then again, yeah, I like to play as my Assassin dude... but I wouldn't mind playing as a beautiful but deadly female Assassin. And yeah, there's a HUGE difference between beautiful and oversexed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very well said! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

MrsEzioAuditore
03-07-2011, 10:22 AM
I think at the beginning of the game you should have a choice. I mean I LOVE the guy Characters but a choice would be nice too because then the game would sell well and everyone was happy 'Cause if you can choose the guys that want a Female/Male char can have whatever one they want to play as and the Girls that want a Female/Male Char can do the same http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif That's just my opinion so yeahhhhh..... (BTW I'm a girl)

MrsEzioAuditore
03-07-2011, 10:35 AM
And who I think ISN'T over "Sexed" in video games are: Madison Paige- Heavy Rain, Yuna- FF, Female Shepard- Mass Effect1,2, Female Char on Dragon Age, Maria Thorpe - AC1, AC2, AC: Bloodlines, Leiliana(However you spell her name)- Dragon Age, Of course Lucy Stillman AC series, Rebecca Crane- Assassin's Creed series, Princess Peach (Sorry had to) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I'm sure there are more in my head but I just can't think of any right now.

Ubistunned
03-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Here is the thing when people mention female characters or in this case a female Assassin. I would feel so bad if I killed/got a female killed. When I kill the Courtesan in AC:B Online I like have to remind myself that it's nothing personal.

Edit: Hellequin I'm not to upset about. xD

CrazyShrapnel
03-07-2011, 04:53 PM
I wouldn't mind a female lead assassin (Would make an interesting change imo) but it would only be if she was a well designed character. One with depth rather than double Ds. But ofcourse that wouldn't happen as pretty much all female characters in the AC games are busty, blonde or helpless.

A female lead could work if they gave her an actual personality. Make her fierce and independent, have interests other than pleasing the nearest man, etc. Though killing half a dozen brutes with a woman would be a bit odd... :s maybe give her more agility than the previous leads to make up for the perception that men have more strength.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind a female assassin. I'm not counting on it happening though.

linguisticisms
03-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by CrazyShrapnel:
I wouldn't mind a female lead assassin (Would make an interesting change imo) but it would only be if she was a well designed character. One with depth rather than double Ds. But ofcourse that wouldn't happen as pretty much all female characters in the AC games are busty, blonde or helpless.

A female lead could work if they gave her an actual personality. Make her fierce and independent, have interests other than pleasing the nearest man, etc. Though killing half a dozen brutes with a woman would be a bit odd... :s maybe give her more agility than the previous leads to make up for the perception that men have more strength.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind a female assassin. I'm not counting on it happening though.

Wait, what? Assassin's Creed women aren't feisty and independent with goals of their own outside of pleasing the nearest man? That makes no sense. Maria Thorpe, Claudia and Maria Auditore, Caterina Sforza, Paola, Sister Teodora--all feisty, independent women with very convincing personalities. As a woman, I found them immensely real and very relatable.

MinerVAX09
03-07-2011, 06:41 PM
I think it would be a good idea to have a lead female Assassin in AC3...Even if she's a bit oversexed, it would make alot of attraction to the series IMO http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

CrazyShrapnel
03-07-2011, 07:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CrazyShrapnel:

Wait, what? Assassin's Creed women aren't feisty and independent with goals of their own outside of pleasing the nearest man? That makes no sense. Maria Thorpe, Claudia and Maria Auditore, Caterina Sforza, Paola, Sister Teodora--all feisty, independent women with very convincing personalities. As a woman, I found them immensely real and very relatable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which was why I added the bolded part.

Maria Thorpe's a good example of an exception, been so long since I played AC1 I'd forgotten about her.

Maria Auditore spent most of AC2 in a near comatose state after the death of her husband and sons. The little screen time she got at the beginning and in ACB did show her as having some life though.

Claudia was barely noticable in AC2 though did develope in ACB.

I haven't played the AC2 DLC but in ACB Caterina meets, greets and pleases Ezio then gets herself captured and in desperate need of rescue not long after. Maybe the DLC shows otherwise, I haven't played it as I said.

The other two seem to be the usual fairly young, buxom, close ties to courtesans types though they probably do have working personalities.

Nothing personal but that's how I see them.

linguisticisms
03-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by CrazyShrapnel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CrazyShrapnel:

Wait, what? Assassin's Creed women aren't feisty and independent with goals of their own outside of pleasing the nearest man? That makes no sense. Maria Thorpe, Claudia and Maria Auditore, Caterina Sforza, Paola, Sister Teodora--all feisty, independent women with very convincing personalities. As a woman, I found them immensely real and very relatable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which was why I added the bolded part.

Maria Thorpe's a good example of an exception, been so long since I played AC1 I'd forgotten about her.

Maria Auditore spent most of AC2 in a near comatose state after the death of her husband and sons. The little screen time she got at the beginning and in ACB did show her as having some life though.

Claudia was barely noticable in AC2 though did develope in ACB.

I haven't played the AC2 DLC but in ACB Caterina meets, greets and pleases Ezio then gets herself captured and in desperate need of rescue not long after. Maybe the DLC shows otherwise, I haven't played it as I said.

The other two seem to be the usual fairly young, buxom, close ties to courtesans types though they probably do have working personalities.

Nothing personal but that's how I see them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I'm disagreeing with the bolded part, since I don't see them that way.

Maria Auditore lost more than half of her family and is implied to have survived attempted sexual assault. It's no wonder she went catatonic. When we do see her in AC2, she's shown to have a sarcastic and frank personality, and in ACB she actively supports the Assassin's Guild, even showing a vindictive streak.

Claudia was admittedly a weak spot in AC2, though keep in mind that she was only 15 at the start of the game. And on the other hand, she actively works at Monteriggioni, pretty much single handedly managing the family's finances.

I haven't played the ACII DLC either, but Caterina openly admits to Ezio that she only slept with him for leverage to get him to negotiate for Mario's mercenaries to support Forli; politics and sex went hand in hand back then. Of course she need to be rescued; with her capture, there was no one to effectively lead Forli.

The thing about courtesans is that that was one job women could actually do for themselves, and if they were successful, they could gain wealth and status. The only thing that bugged me about Paola and Teodora was that they're both master Assassins, but they're never seen fighting. And while I haven't played Project Legacy, from what I've read about Fiora on the AC wiki, she sounds like an incredibly well-rounded character.

Sprint-Please
03-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Ubistunned:
Here is the thing when people mention female characters or in this case a female Assassin. I would feel so bad if I killed/got a female killed. When I kill the Courtesan in AC:B Online I like have to remind myself that it's nothing personal.

Edit: Hellequin I'm not to upset about. xD

Very chivalrous of you! I don't even do that! x)

xNAHKTx
03-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Interesting. I think people are confusing sexualizing a video game lead and personification.

Females are identified as sensual creatures. They are naturally curvy so it gets personified in a video game. They are like comic book heroes.
I would be stupid to make a statement saying that there is no sexism or misogyny in the gamer world but, sexualizing and personification are two different things.

See the below links:

Female video game leads (http://www.google.com/images?q=female+video+game+characters&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-UShttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.giffficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1680&bih=923)

Male video game leads (http://www.google.com/images?q=male+video+game+characters&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-UShttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.giffficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1680&bih=923)

The men are just as much personified. Even more in some cases. Looking at some of the more Manga types, you have sexualized male characters. These are seriously distorted representations of men. They range anywhere from gender-confused to ultimate maleness and beyond.

We need to get past this stuff. Its all just creativity and fantasy. That's what these games aim to deliver. I am sorry, but Lara Croft in a pant suit, penny loafers and an A-cup is not my cup of tea for the fantasy world that I like to enter when I get into my gaming. Bring me massive boobs, long legs and spanky pants!

Conversely, if Marcus Fenix were clean shaven, wore a polo shirt and wrinkle free slacks as well as looking like some type A yuppie, I wouls have to pass. Bring me a scarred, nasty, swearing, chubby badass with a neck wider than my waist!

Game will get pretty boring if we have to put give Blood Rayne a makeover to a more conservative look to be more appealing to their Christian player base.

I'm just saying....sometimes, there is a place for such embellishments. A video game is one of those places.

xCr0wnedNorris
03-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Welcome to the Forums! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

LinkIbnLaAhad
03-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Ok, I'm a girl. Fact of the day.

Other fact of the day: I adore paying courtesans. I love how feisty the girls of AC (I remember) are. I love how some women aren't afraid to be -women-, loved saving Caterina Sforza (she DID really get captured, didn't she? Historically I mean), loved how Claudia became stronger , how Maria got over her comatose state, the crazy ideas of that 'nun' in Venice, the colourful speech of Rosa in AC II, how Maria Thorpe gave me a heck of a hard time, and don't even get me started on my faithful Sisters of the Brotherhood!
For something happening in the Renaissance (and that one case in AC 1), I find that there's a whole lot of girl power.

Oh, yeah, courtesans... Whatever man. I find it hilarious how guards become total idiots at the sight of them.

And then, Lucy and Rebecca. They left in my mind the impression that they are more capable than Shaun and Desmond (before he became hardcore on the bleeding effect, mind you). ...And those chicks 'that came before' even more capable than anyone until now.

And yes, that courtesan Fiora in Project Legacy is one of the most interesting characters yet.

All in all, playing as a girl? Why not! The ones I've seen so far are interesting, and if a woman became an AC main playable character, she'll easily avoid the problems other AC women encountered (it's a game, things won't be complicated. If she gets captured, for the sake of gameplay, she'll find a way out on her own. And if she encounters one of the main males on his way to save her on her way out, it'll be a possible comic relief scene).

However, I like my eye candy. I see girls all the time everywhere I look. Dang, even my mirror is trolling me with a girl picture!
I like playing as good looking guys (that actually look like guys. I'm not into bishounen, whatever my name makes you think.) It's a nice change of scenery.

Ah yes. Playable Desmond ancestors? Male for me. Make it female and I'm turning Zero Suit Samus Aran into a dude! Yes, I am all powerful, ph33r m3h.

On a last note: long live the Sisters of the Brotherhood! *Goes back to make Ezio parade around Roma surrounded by courtesans.*

elvindrummer
03-15-2011, 05:51 PM
I'm a girl and I think it would be lame to have a female character in creed. I didn't even like that you could have female assassins in brotherhood. This is because it isn't realistic! Plus Desmond would be like wth why am I a chick. I think people like Fiora are the closest thing to an assassin in that time period. And Iím sure the next game will not be in the 19th century, thus women wouldnít be assassins. I love the games because they have such history to them and a female character jut isnít an option.

ShAd0wC4t
12-30-2011, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by MinerVAX09:
I think it would be a good idea to have a lead female Assassin in AC3...Even if she's a bit oversexed, it would make alot of attraction to the series IMO http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

After ACR and seeing Sofia I've pretty much given up all hope for a real assassin female character that isn't there for just eye candy and a second "support" role to a male character. To be blunt..

I really find it hilarious how butt hurt a lot of male gamers out there get when this is brought up, but that's not assuming that ALL MEN are like that.

Jeez some people have a horrible perception of "free thinking women" I guess. We're all a bunch of crazy feminists who hate all men right? Look I grew up as a tomboy. All my friends were mostly guys.

It takes a good understanding to know what it's like to fight for others to view you as an equal, and growing up as a girl being primed for the social quo. You weren't expected to be anything else. Even when you're told that there are other options. That's the truth.

It would be an amazing lead protagonist that doesn't conform to what people view as normal. That's what the Assassin's are all about. That and being put up against unrealistic odds, and expected to survive AND prosper.

Oh, what do you all think of the Romanies in ACR btw? Heh.

Oh, and to LinkIbnLaAhad. Looking at your fact, and I'm not being judgemental or anything, but this is exactly what I'm trying to point out to people. That there isn't only one image of a woman. What you think makes a woman doesn't really hold a candle to some of the most influential women in history. To each their own though, right?

Edit and Small Spoiler!~~: I just read Maria's bio. Lolz

SolidSage
12-30-2011, 06:15 PM
I don't care either way, a chick would be fine.
Just keep it in line with what we've already got, you know, make her a hottie, not TOO busty (I really won't hold it against you if you ignore me on that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif) but Ezio and Altair were both fairly muscular/toned, so er, yeah. And keep it plausible physically (hah, cos Creed is realistic in that department), so if she's going to be little, can she not be one arm throwing dudes over carriages etc. Respect physics, unless she's going to be built like a bear, then I guess you can do whatever you want strength wise.

You guys know what I'm saying right, she shoukd fight more nimbly with more finesse, rather than muscle fugging stuff.

dxsxhxcx
12-30-2011, 06:18 PM
I wouldn't mind a female assassin, in fact, play as a female assassin would be quite interesting if they were able to do what was done in "Batman Arkham City" with Batman and Catwoman, both characters have unique movements and battle styles, it would be a nice (and welcome) change of pace, but not in AC3, IMO it doesn't make sense for Desmond to be able to see his female ancestors' lifes, I can't help but think that this would cause a lot of synchronization problems and there's also the bleeding effect, so first they need to finish Desmond story and then they can do whatever they want......

SixKeys
12-30-2011, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by SolidSage:
Just keep it in line with what we've already got, you know, make her a hottie, not TOO busty (I really won't hold it against you if you ignore me on that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif) but Ezio and Altair were both fairly muscular/toned, so er, yeah.

Why do people keep spouting this bullcrap about how it's okay to make a female assassin busty because Ezio was muscular? Both men and women can be muscular/toned yet for some reason nobody ever considers creating a female lead to look like this. You never see a powerful female character that is designed to look as strong as the male character. Make the female assassin muscular like Ezio, then you can talk about equal opportunity.

thekarlone
12-30-2011, 06:52 PM
My opinion is simple: I don't want a female assassin as a protagonist.

RabblerouserGT
12-31-2011, 12:18 AM
The characters in AC:Brotherhood weren't very cool-looking, last I checked.

Women have a way of looking cool no matter what.
Or rather they're unique.

I'll personally go with the most assassin-looking one available.

shobhit7777777
12-31-2011, 01:18 AM
Female Lead? HELL YEAH!!

Guys/Gals...do you realise the gameplay and narrative possibilites playing as a female assassin opens up?

IMO A female Assassin is the ideal one. No one suspects a chick to be the one who just stabbed the Count and then iced a squad of his elite troops...a female assassin would be more socially mobile. Using her charms and looks to gain info, infiltrating areas and not arousing suspicion etc. Yeah definitely YES to a female Assassin.

I just hope (as the others) that the female Assassin is not oversexed....how about an Average looking gal with average proportions?

YuurHeen
12-31-2011, 01:43 AM
if a female ancestor is done i find it hard to see how they make it a sexist one since she has to wear the assassins robes which coves most.

it could work very well in the ac universe. well her whole family has to die i guess for her to be strong enough.

but im 50% 50% i dont care. as long as he story is good.

ShAd0wC4t
12-31-2011, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SolidSage:
Just keep it in line with what we've already got, you know, make her a hottie, not TOO busty (I really won't hold it against you if you ignore me on that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif) but Ezio and Altair were both fairly muscular/toned, so er, yeah.

Why do people keep spouting this bullcrap about how it's okay to make a female assassin busty because Ezio was muscular? Both men and women can be muscular/toned yet for some reason nobody ever considers creating a female lead to look like this. You never see a powerful female character that is designed to look as strong as the male character. Make the female assassin muscular like Ezio, then you can talk about equal opportunity. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a good point. I wouldn't go as far as to say she should be as brawny as Ezio though.. I mean she'd have to take steroids. Women aren't built that way. LOL She could be very well toned and muscularly sculpted for a woman though and still look shapely and attractive. Not like a lot of superhuman dolls that are supposed to be "nimble" (gymnastics can only take you so far).

I also agree that it won't happen in AC3. It doesn't really make sense to give the female protagonist enough time as the others, because Ubisoft did say that the third was going to be mainly centered around Desmond. It makes a good debate though. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

D.I.D.
12-31-2011, 06:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SolidSage:

Why do people keep spouting this bullcrap about how it's okay to make a female assassin busty because Ezio was muscular? Both men and women can be muscular/toned yet for some reason nobody ever considers creating a female lead to look like this. You never see a powerful female character that is designed to look as strong as the male character. Make the female assassin muscular like Ezio, then you can talk about equal opportunity. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*applause* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katie_Sandwina One of many strongwomen.

It's also historically inaccurate to make men from history too muscular, because they simply weren't. Photographic, illustrative and anecdotal evidence prove this, and besides, the modern 'Schwarzenegger' shape has only become possible through advanced knowledge of human anatomy and nutrition (and in most cases, medication).

Eugene Sandow himself would be somewhere in the upper-middle of games characters in terms of muscularity http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_Sandow and yet he was the celebrity strongman of his day.

Whether male of female, I hope there's an ancestor soon whose strength is speed. It's really noticeable playing Arkham City that, even as a nanotech-suited superhero, you often pause before entering a fight because you know there's a good chance you'll die. You're more likely to work through very slowly and carefully on stealth, or hit the target you absolutely need to and then vanish before the rest can respond. In AC, you're more likely to think, "while I'm here, I might as well kill every last one of you".

itsamea-mario
12-31-2011, 06:35 AM
Well a woman wouldn't need to be as muscular since they are lighter, and what they lack in strength they make up sure in agility.

But being busty would be nothing but an impedemant.
Games like portal and mirrors edge are where ubi should take inspiration if they choose this path.

DavisP92
12-31-2011, 06:43 AM
Women are not more agile then men, i believe you mean flexible. And I can't even say they are, it depends on the person really.

And I wouldn't like to play as a female assassin, htonestly I kniow some pl that would and some that wouldn't. This is a touchy subject, cuz to some ppl they see it as sexist. While in fact it's just how a person prefers to play, I'm down with the mentor being female and the gamer learns from her until he is on her level. But I'd prefer to play as my own gender, because that is how i play games. So make a character creation so noone can be unhappy

playassassins1
12-31-2011, 06:50 AM
I think it would be a good idea to put a girl as a main character in the next or coming AC's, because i don't mind playing as a girl since i have played allot of games with a girl being a main character.

And if there will be a girl in the next AC, i don't think Ubi will make her as muscular as Ezio or Altair. And i don't think allot of fans would want that.

itsamea-mario
12-31-2011, 07:34 AM
Yes, flexible, good luck being agile without being flexible.

I was against a female protagonist, but I suppose it won't do any harm, though I think they should wait till after Desmond.

DavisP92
12-31-2011, 07:45 AM
Agility is a measure of your ability to combine limit strength, starting strength, explosive strength and dynamic balance in performing a series of total-body directional changes in rapid succession. "Zigzag" running is an example of agile movement.

There is more to being agile then just flexible

itsamea-mario
12-31-2011, 07:56 AM
Never said the two where synonymous.

But women's natural flexibility generally makes agility easier,
A gymnast is more likely to be a woman, as a weightlifter is more likely to be a man.

Obviously it's not a great difference, just like men aren't incredibly stronger than woman, it's just easier for them.

Besides, I did actually mean flexibility, I'm just trying to cover my tracks.

DavisP92
12-31-2011, 08:02 AM
lol i wouldn't even say that because i know some girls that aren't as flexible as some guys. That's why I say it depends on the person.

itsamea-mario
12-31-2011, 08:04 AM
And I know some guys that aren't as strong as some girls.

It works both ways.

DavisP92
12-31-2011, 08:09 AM
i know, but you see i never said one was better at something then the other. The excuse that a female assassin would be better with flexibility doesn't really mean anything because a male assassin can be better while the female assassin can also be stronger.

itsamea-mario
12-31-2011, 08:20 AM
I know, I just meant it would be more likely.
I imagine they'll try to be atleast somewhat typical, there'd be little purpose in having a female character if her attributes where more like what would me expected of a man.

DavisP92
12-31-2011, 08:44 AM
i see your point, but for me i wouldn't enjoy playing as a female. Well that depends tho, if they can make her not like every other female oversexed character yet still give us a reason to play as a female. What is the difference from playing as a female assassin and a male gameplay wise. Why change if there isn't going to be a difference.

SixKeys
12-31-2011, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Pdavis3:
i see your point, but for me i wouldn't enjoy playing as a female. Well that depends tho, if they can make her not like every other female oversexed character yet still give us a reason to play as a female. What is the difference from playing as a female assassin and a male gameplay wise. Why change if there isn't going to be a difference.

You could just as easily ask: why NOT change if there's not much of a difference? If, as you say, they don't make her oversexed or in any way different than a male protagonist would be, why does it matter to you if you have to play with a female character instead of a male character?

A good reason for the change would be for example the fact that 99% of all current games feature a male protagonist. A bit of balance couldn't hurt.

ProdiGurl
12-31-2011, 11:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pdavis3:

You could just as easily ask: why NOT change if there's not much of a difference? If, as you say, they don't make her oversexed or in any way different than a male protagonist would be, why does it matter to you if you have to play with a female character instead of a male character?

A good reason for the change would be for example the fact that 99% of all current games feature a male protagonist. A bit of balance couldn't hurt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or maybe there's a reason most don't use female leads & it might be best to stay away from it (for all I know).....
If they do use one, I'd only want one game of that - unless there was maybe overwhelming approval to bring her back again.

I just prefer males, but if they can do it well enough, I won't have a serious problem with it.

lukaszep
12-31-2011, 11:26 AM
Shau Jun wasn't oversexed.
I wouldn't mind having a female assassin, but i wouldn't like it if it was a female assassin, just to avoid being accused of sexism or something.

I don't think there's a problem with there not being a female assassin, i mean look at any FPS. Have you ever seen a girl with a gun in Call of duty, or Battlefield?

DavisP92
12-31-2011, 01:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pdavis3:

A good reason for the change would be for example the fact that 99% of all current games feature a male protagonist. A bit of balance couldn't hurt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that is what i'm saying, if there is no reason to change it other then "oh it's a girl now" then that's lame. And the excuse to change it because most games have males it lame too. If they do make a female assassin then not only should the story express the difference between playing as a male but the gameplay should show some difference. Now if they do make her a then, as i said she shouldn't be oversexed and she should have a difference in gameplay and story (in a positive way). But personally I prefer to play as my own gender.

I agree with prodigirl and lukas, if they can do it well enough when the game is out i'd still like it. But they shouldn't just make a female assassin just to avoid being called sexist.

brick177
12-31-2011, 01:18 PM
They already have this game. It's called Tomb Raider.

SolidSage
12-31-2011, 01:43 PM
@Sixkeys
Why do you think your personal brand of bullcrap is any more appealing. I never said anything about being a proponent for equal opportunities.
I like my women in media attractive, simple as that, and a larger cup size appeals all the more. If you want to watch a movie or play a game about flat chested muscle chix good for you.

The funniest thing about this new era of tolerance and PC'ness is how every self appointed champion of said causes turns around and acts like a bigot in pursuit of said cause towards those who don't comply with whatever 'rule of law' it is that is trying to be 'enforced'.

I live in America, land of the free, freedom of speech and the freedom to pursue my own ideals, if that includes having an objectifying view when it comes to the opposite sex, so what.

SixKeys
12-31-2011, 02:01 PM
@Sixkeys
Why do you think your personal brand of bullcrap is any more appealing. I never said anything about being a proponent for equal opportunities.
I like my women in media attractive, simple as that, and a larger cup size appeals all the more. If you want to watch a movie or play a game about flat chested muscle chix good for you.

The funniest thing about this new era of tolerance and PC'ness is how every self appointed champion of said causes turns around and acts like a bigot in pursuit of said cause towards those who don't comply with whatever 'rule of law' it is that is trying to be 'enforced'.

I live in America, land of the free, freedom of speech and the freedom to pursue my own ideals, if that includes having an objectifying view when it comes to the opposite sex, so what.

Because the way you said it sounded like you were accusing people of reverse sexism, like: "oh, Ezio and AltaÔr were muscular and well-tanned so they were designed to be sexy for girls, that means if we get a female assassin she should be designed to be sexy for guys". Ezio and AltaÔr were designed to be attractive in a way that makes them poster boys for an action game, not sex objects. If they were designed to be sexy in a way most female characters are, it wouldn't be by making them well-tanned or muscular, it would be by having their junk bulging out of their pants. I'm seeing a lot of comments here making the argument that a muscular male hero is somehow just as sexist as a busty female character which is simply not true. One is designed to be a role model, the other as a sex object.

And sure, you have every right to be a sexist ******bag. Just as I have the right not to agree with you. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

thornebrook
12-31-2011, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Pdavis3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:

that is what i'm saying, if there is no reason to change it other then "oh it's a girl now" then that's lame. And the excuse to change it because most games have males it lame too. If they do make a female assassin then not only should the story express the difference between playing as a male but the gameplay should show some difference. Now if they do make her a then, as i said she shouldn't be oversexed and she should have a difference in gameplay and story (in a positive way). But personally I prefer to play as my own gender.

I agree with prodigirl and lukas, if they can do it well enough when the game is out i'd still like it. But they shouldn't just make a female assassin just to avoid being called sexist. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't agree with this mindset that the only way we can have a female protagonist in a male-dominated franchise is if and only if the female protagonist has exceptional traits A, B, and C, as per certain people's standards. Not to mention a protagonist that isn't classified as a straight male, for that matter. One person's sex and orientation is as much a factor of genetic chance as one person's eye color.

God, most of the replies in this whole thread are just...I'm gonna go strangle a tree now.

SolidSage
12-31-2011, 02:27 PM
@Sixkeys
"Sexist ******bag". Yeah cos finding a specific asset agreeable makes me sexist. Ridiculous, next you'll be telling me having a favorite brand of chocolate is some sort of ISM, and promoting a white Santa Claus is racist.
It's called personal preference or taste, and anyone who apologizes to the liberal communities for having one is being hoodwinked into feeling guilty about being alive.

I don't agree that the equal features for a female with large assets would be a dude with a large package. Females aren't as a visually aroused as 'some' (most) males. They tend to consider other factors just as important, like social standing, income, physical prowess (not defined by muscle or package size) and other important qaulities that females consider when choosing a mate. Males on the other hand ARE visually stimulated creatures, and breasts are attention grabbing, whether it be their size or shape or just how they are presented.
any female who isn't aware of the unique interest generated by the her shelf is exactly that, unaware.

I'm neither a ****** or sexist. I like what I like and I'm not afraid to discuss it. Even with the 'oppressors of personal opinion and freedom of expression' brigade, vigilantly POLICING the channels of communication.

You're just calling me out because I didn't agree with you yesterday on another topic, in spite of me doing it amiably. I didn't ever stoop to calling your opinion "bullcrap".

Whatever, I'm not intrested in widening your minds field of vision.

machinista
12-31-2011, 02:30 PM
I don't agree that the equal features for a female with large assets would be a dude with a large package. Females aren't as a visually aroused as 'some' (most) males. They tend to consider other factors just as important, like social standing, income, physical prowess (not defined by muscle or package size) and other important qaulities that females consider when choosing a mate. Males on the other hand ARE visually stimulated creatures, and breasts are attention grabbing, whether it be their size or shape or just how they are presented.
any female who isn't aware of the unique interest generated by the her shelf is exactly that, unaware.

dying of laughter

what did you copy/paste this from, Men's Health?

SolidSage
12-31-2011, 02:37 PM
@Machinista
No, I learned it through personal 'extensive' experience with the opposite sex.

@All
Before this gets way off track, I am not saying that a female lead in AC needs to be of a certain type BECAUSE Ezio or whoever was a certain type. I never said the male leads were designed to sexually appeal to women, that was an assumption of someone else.
I am saying, the male leads are doing alright for dudes, I mean they aren't sloppy slouches and they seem to be fairly successful, the kind of guy you would WANT to play.
Then for me, and me only, if I was to play as a female lead, 'I' would personally enjoy it more if she was designed so 'I' would enjoy looking at her, which translates into her being built in a specific manner that appeals to MY personal tastes.

I don't see how that is sexist or demeaning to anyone in any way at all. Can I have a personal preference? Or is that offensive to everyone else on the planet?

machinista
12-31-2011, 02:43 PM
@Machinista

Oooh. Can't argue with that now can we http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

eagleforlife1
12-31-2011, 02:45 PM
@Machinista

@All
Before this gets way off track, I am not saying that a female lead in AC needs to be of a certain type BECAUSE Ezio or whoever was a certain type. I never said the male leads were designed to sexually appeal to women, that was an assumption of someone else.
I am saying, the male leads are doing alright for dudes, I mean they aren't sloppy slouches and they seem to be fairly successful, the kind of guy you would WANT to play.
Then for me, and me only, if I was to play as a female lead, 'I' would personally enjoy it more if she was designed so 'I' would enjoy looking at her, which translates into her being built in a specific manner that appeals to MY personal tastes.

I don't see how that is sexist or demeaning to anyone in any way at all. Can I have a personal preference? Or is that offensive to everyone else on the planet?

You are entitled to a personal preference but then so is everybody. I'm a man but I value a woman for who she is as a person more than I do for how she looks physically. Incidentally, I prefer women with a smaller chest size. She appears somehow more genuine to me. My girlfriend wears a very small cup size but she's also the sweetest, most kind-hearted, caring person that I have ever had the pleasure to meet and there is no-one in the world that I would prefer to spend the rest of my days with.

SolidSage
12-31-2011, 02:51 PM
@Machinista
You can argue with everything and anything. Why you would want to is the question?
Yeah, my statement obviously isn't comprehensive for the female persuasion. Do a poll if you want an accurate perspective.

@Eagle
I am happy for you, sincerely.
I of course value the individual, when it comes to selecting a partner (for more than a casual encounter), it just so happens that I can have both, and do (personality and physical preference...not partner and casual encounters http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif).
The lead character in a video game isn't going to be my mate, but her personality of course needs to be intersting or appealing somehow.
Personally I'd probably like her more if she was callous and vicious, might be more fun. The girl in Embers was fine, I'd be happy playing as her. I don't think my Ideal female will be in a game, but why is everybody so down on girls with large cup sizes? It is like reverse sexism/racism in a way, like we have to be nice to everybody EXCEPT rednecks and chicks with large bras.
That's not correct either is it.

BUT, when out in public, the random females that draw my eye, are the pretty one's, and the pretty well endowed one's moreso. DO you think I need to apologize to someone for that? I have no hate for people who find other things attention grabbing. Pursuit of happyness and all that.

ProdiGurl
12-31-2011, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by brick177:

Hmm, a series I never bothered with
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Thornebrook
I don't agree with this mindset that the only way we can have a female protagonist in a male-dominated franchise is if and only if the female protagonist has exceptional traits A, B, and C, as per certain people's standards. Not to mention a protagonist that isn't classified as a straight male, for that matter. One person's sex and orientation is as much a factor of genetic chance as one person's eye color.

God, most of the replies in this whole thread are just...I'm gonna go strangle a tree now.

Well whatever people's preferences for a female are, if they use one, she will fit one mold of some kind & there will be plenty of opinion about whatever it is - - and what it should have been, etc. etc.

SolidSage
12-31-2011, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brick177:

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IMO (gotta get that disclaimer in every post now, even though it should be obvious that it's the case), you didn't miss anything with Tomb Raider, the gameplay was slow and boring, IMO IMO IMO!
New Batman's Gears of War, Splinter Cell Conviction, Metal Gears, Rainbow Six's were all worth a go. I have Dark Souls now but haven't played it yet, s'posed to be mega hard.

You have an opinion on the femal debate?

ProdiGurl
12-31-2011, 03:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brick177:

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IMO (gotta get that disclaimer in every post now, even though it should be obvious that it's the case), you didn't miss anything with Tomb Raider, the gameplay was slow and boring, IMO IMO IMO!
New Batman's Gears of War, Splinter Cell Conviction, Metal Gears, Rainbow Six's were all worth a go. I have Dark Souls now but haven't played it yet, s'posed to be mega hard.

You have an opinion on the femal debate? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I do, but I think I remember already posting it on this thread pages back & was too lazy to go looking lol.

I don't favor female Protagonists.
When I first played Mass Effect, I chose to be female & after a little while it irritated me so much that I quit & recreated an attractive male lead & was happier for it.

It's hard to explain why though.

SolidSage
12-31-2011, 07:48 PM
@Prodigurl
I prefer playing a male character. I also think you can get away with more in the violence/combat areas, just because it's kind of how it is, men are generally geared better for it.

After 4 epic Creed's giving me an awesome experience, I kinda feel bad for the Ladies, I know I hate it when a game I want to play forces me to be a character too far from my own persuasions.
Intresting to hear that you prefer a male protagonist, I think I read that before somewhere. I wonder if that's a common opinion for female gamers.

SixKeys
12-31-2011, 08:33 PM
@Prodigurl
I prefer playing a male character. I also think you can get away with more in the violence/combat areas, just because it's kind of how it is, men are generally geared better for it.

Oh?

Intresting to hear that you prefer a male protagonist, I think I read that before somewhere. I wonder if that's a common opinion for female gamers.

Probably, considering how limited their options are. Either play as a cool action hero like Ezio or a ridiculous representation of your own sex in something like Dead Or Alive.

snazzyjabber123
12-31-2011, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Serrachio:

We could also see Lucy's recovery (if she does recover) and maybe some hospital bed Animus missions. Maybe Rebecca can make an Animus that Lucy can sync into during a coma etc. and we play as one of Lucy's assassin ancestors.

Err... *SPOILERS*SPOILERS!!!*
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Lucy has been buried in Rome. She can't rise from the grave. And also, if that was just a fake Lucy,(she looks very different between AC And AC2, (evade eagle vision with mind control?) the best ancestors in the team are prussian mercenaries (Rebecca)</span>

Recover from what?

SixKeys
12-31-2011, 08:37 PM
Snazzyjabber123: I think that's an old post you're quoting. If you'll check the creation date of this thread, you'll notice it was made back in February 2011. Nobody knew anything about Lucy for sure back then.

snazzyjabber123
12-31-2011, 09:06 PM
Oh.
Well, TBH, I would prefer we just focus on the present, on Desmond's hand, and on clay, etc.

SolidSage
01-01-2012, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Sixkeys

Probably, considering how limited their options are. Either play as a cool action hero like Ezio or a ridiculous representation of your own sex in something like Dead Or Alive.

Really? I feel like there are plenty of games with female playable characters that represent just fine.
Female characters don't get the lead role as much but that's movies too it seems, for whatever reason (seems to be changing more recently).
I think you chose the one that offends you most (are you a male feminist?) but DOA had a variety of body types.

Look Sixkeys, you can win, here you go. Even if she was to be ample, the offending articles would have to be strapped down tight to facilitate free running and combat and air assassinations, etc...like someone else said. So it can't happen, yippee, hooray for equality and congratulations on your victorious campaign against....me.

ProdiGurl
01-01-2012, 03:27 AM
Really? I feel like there are plenty of games with female playable characters that represent just fine.
Female characters don't get the lead role as much but that's movies too it seems, for whatever reason (seems to be changing more recently).
I think you chose the one that offends you most (are you a male feminist?) but DOA had a variety of body types.

They kind of continue with that female "I can kill anything and do anything - I'm Bad, just watch me" routine. (Not that it's not overused w/ both sexes).

That's mostly what they use in the movies for female action parts -
Underworld, Aeon Flux, Res. Evil & 1 or 2 new movies that recently came out.

I dunno, that's what I hope AC doesn't do if they use a female Assassin. & for the record, I'd really hope they didn't sex her up either for this title. I know it looks alot better but the AC brand seems like it should be classier (above it) & be able to get beyond the typical cliche's to offer up a real unique character that doesn't have to rely on Dolly Parton boobage in thigh high's under the high slit in the robe
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

SolidSage
01-01-2012, 01:50 PM
@Prodigurl
Don't forget the 5" heels! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

She'd have to wear the Assassin's robes, maybe with a bit of personalization, if she was going to do everything the same as Ezio/Altair.
I think they did a good job with the MP females.

Uncharted 3 represents females well, they are capable while still being appealing without exposing or bouncing around. The women in Gears of War are similar, tough, not manly, and generally attractive.
I just think games have got so concious of portraying females in a positive light that none of the leads are allowed to be buxom anymore for fear of offending the masses.

There is a trend these days where, society, after acknowledging that things have been over done/over stressed to one extreme, immediately swings to the other extreme in an effort to correct the error. But all that is, is the same flawed mind set, reacting irrationally and incorrectly to it's own mistakes.
We can't penalize one section of society to compensate for penalizing another section.
Not that it really relates to AC in any way, boobs or not, a female in Creed will deliver, I'm sure...with the violence I mean.

SHI-SHIO
10-31-2012, 11:17 AM
because I'm bored to death to play macho games... And As aveline showed us playing a female characters can sometimes bring fresh new features in the games.

ProdiGurl
10-31-2012, 11:49 AM
I think it's too bad that people have to say they have nothing against women just becuz they don't prefer one as the main character....
but anyways, as a female, I DO NOT want a female AC protagonist. If they're going to consider going in that direction, I'd prefer if they made her a sub-character and you can play her in some side missions or whatever - dual character leads...

Silhouelle
10-31-2012, 11:58 AM
To be honest I'd settle for unlockable "outfits" that change Connor into one of the MP characters (like that native women :)), they all use the same animations (save walking) anyways. Just have it so it also changes the sound files to that of the female char, for the combat and freerunning grunts and whatnot.

That said I'd really love a female assassin lead, though I won't be getting Liberation as I don't have nor will I get a vita. Maybe they'll go the Commander Shepard route in some future installment and simply have a female or male option, though the character and story would be more or less unchanged.

raytrek79
10-31-2012, 12:03 PM
Desmond is a male (if you hadn't noticed yet *spoiler alert*) for men, dna has the X and Y chromosomes. In women it is XX chromosomes, so there is a lot of dna that Desmond could not access as a male. You would need to introduce a female Animus subject.

natek_morzy
10-31-2012, 12:16 PM
I seriously don't agree to this.
I get it, you're not being sexist, but it sure as hell looks like you are. You claim that a female assassin wouldn't be easy to relate to. I myself actually have a friend that games and she absolutely loves AC, we both got our copy of it yesterday. I don't know how she feels on this issue but it's simply not fair, we guys are not the only gender in this gaming world and it should not revolve around us.

This has been a problem for ages now, actually. There are so few mainstream games(if there are any..) that revolve around a girl character, girls probably shun games just because they can never relate to games as easily as us guys can, i mean seriously.

Gender should always be optional for everyone. If theres Nathan Drake there should also be Natalie Drake(just an example, lol.)

SplasH-PuLs3z
10-31-2012, 12:44 PM
i wouldn't.

I Like a male assassin better.

silvermercy
10-31-2012, 12:48 PM
You will be surprised to see how many FEMALE fans exist! I'm one of them. We just exist on other sites like deviantart, Tumblr, pixiv etc. We're louder there. The female AC fans are a quite considerate amount.

As a side note: Ubisoft better start making AC clothes in lady sizes/styles. Many female fans on other social networks were disappointed when they couldn't buy merchandise for this reason.

Having said that I prefer MALE assassins JUST because I'm a female. LOL

natek_morzy
10-31-2012, 01:06 PM
You will be surprised to see how many FEMALE fans exist! I'm one of them. We just exist on other sites like deviantart, Tumblr, pixiv etc. We're louder there. The female AC fans are a quite considerate amount.

As a side note: Ubisoft better start making AC clothes in lady sizes/styles. Many female fans on other social networks were disappointed when they couldn't buy merchandise for this reason.

You weirdo, lmfao. Wait until Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. You'll get your female character, even IF you prefer male.

So much for my other post above, lol.

Morzy <3

EDIT: Which makes me wonder how Ubisoft does with it's female assasin on Liberation. I'm very curious how her personality plays out.

silvermercy
10-31-2012, 01:14 PM
You weirdo, lmfao. Wait until Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. You'll get your female character, even IF you prefer male.

So much for my other post above, lol.

Morzy <3

EDIT: Which makes me wonder how Ubisoft does with it's female assasin on Liberation. I'm very curious how her personality plays out.

haha! LOL! <3 Don't get me wrong! I really really WANT to see more female game characters!!! Totally!! And I love FFXIII! XD hehe!

To be honest though (and that's my secret as a female gamer, heehehee...) I wouldn't get into AC so much if the lead male characters were bad looking. lulz
XD

ProdiGurl
10-31-2012, 01:30 PM
I seriously don't agree to this.
I get it, you're not being sexist, but it sure as hell looks like you are. You claim that a female assassin wouldn't be easy to relate to. I myself actually have a friend that games and she absolutely loves AC, we both got our copy of it yesterday. I don't know how she feels on this issue but it's simply not fair, we guys are not the only gender in this gaming world and it should not revolve around us.

This has been a problem for ages now, actually. There are so few mainstream games(if there are any..) that revolve around a girl character, girls probably shun games just because they can never relate to games as easily as us guys can, i mean seriously.

Gender should always be optional for everyone. If theres Nathan Drake there should also be Natalie Drake(just an example, lol.)

Easier to demand than to create don't you think? And why is it sexist just becuz you have a preference for reasons other than disliking the opposite sex?
I don't get why people have to be neutral on every single issue or they're being hateful somehow. A real peeve of mine.

Um yep, that has alot to do w/ it. ;)

Plus for reasons like this one: >>because I'm bored to death to play macho games... And As aveline showed us playing a female characters can sometimes bring fresh new features in the games. <<
We've also been there done that w/ the cliche' Lara Croft characters too. People want to play characters that are invincible & powerful so the female would be the typical "macho" female. Not much diffrence imo other than gender (unless they gave her specific weaknesses which imo would ruin her even more being weaker). .. As for the males, they can bring fresh new features in to the game story and make them different too.

I dunno, I just think an Assassin should be male and just vary the personalities & traits of them as it goes along.

natek_morzy
10-31-2012, 01:33 PM
haha! LOL! <3 Don't get me wrong! I really really WANT to see more female game characters!!! Totally!! And I love FFXIII! XD hehe!

To be honest though (and that's my secret as a female gamer, heehehee...) I wouldn't get into AC so much if the lead male characters were bad looking. lulz
XD

I can't wait for LR:FFXIII, it's going to be so different and reminds me of FF7: DOC.

I understand, lol. My friend wouldn't use one fo the characters in Borderlands 2 because she said he/she looked bad. I don't see why you let yourself care that much, but oh well, you're female.

TaleraRis
10-31-2012, 03:45 PM
Seriously? I'm a girl and I have no problem relating to a male character. Why? It's not like they focus on male traits like scratching certain parts of the body or show guys in the bathroom. The actions and emotions shown from characters in the AC games can apply to male or female. There's nothing gender-exclusive, so anyone's hangups about playing a different gender are just that, their own hangups. It's nothing inherent to the game or the setting itself.

Ragnarok0130
10-31-2012, 03:53 PM
I understand your position and agree for the most part, however I am very interested to play ACIII Liberation and see how it is to play a female assassin as it should offer some interesting options regarding blending etc.