PDA

View Full Version : The conference room computer

Pendragon_082
10-11-2009, 06:44 PM
I was just finishing my, like, 6th play through AC and was reading the email to Vidic from that Rikken dude. He mentions survivors of an attack, either Assassin or Brotherhood. What does this mean?

Also, he refers to "The Father of Understanding"... any ideas on this reference?

SBRedFlag
10-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Email: "Tunguska Incident - Now believed to be the direct result of assault by Assassins. Research station destroyed as was artefact. Alternate wave generation devices have been located in storage, but we have insufficient data at the moment to initiate research. The risk of accident is too high.

Lineage Discovery and Acquisition Division should attempt to locate descendents of any attack survivors (either Assassin or Brotherhood) in order to continue research. Resurrecting this particular type of technology will aid us greatly with any holdouts following the Satellite's activation. We're putting together a team to push research in this area."

Explanation: On 30 June 1908 a massive explosion rocked the world. The incident, near the Podkamennaya Tunguska River in Tunguska (now Krasnoyarsk Krai of Russia) is believed to have occurred when a meteorite burst above the Earth's surface, flattening trees and causing widespread destruction. The email states that it was caused by a group of Assassins destroying a Templar base and the artefact at that location. Abstergo obviously believe that there is a great need for alternate wave generation artefacts to help deal with (ie destroy) resistance following the satellite's launch. Think of this as a powerful weapon, such as a neutron bomb that can be harnessed and aimed at certain targets.

I assume this means they need to find out what happened by examining the memories of the survivors using the Animus.

All I got for the father of understanding was "Arkon Daraul proposed that "Baphomet" may derive from the Arabic word ??? ???? Abu fihama(t), meaning "The Father of Understanding".
Baphomet being a figure of Satanism and paganism.

Oh noes, It's going all Dan Brown.

Pendragon_082
10-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Right... but we know who the Assassins are... but who are the Brotherhood?

Losk_
10-11-2009, 07:06 PM
"Probably relying on contemporary Eastern sources, Western scholars have recently supposed that 'Bafomet' has no connection with Mohammed, but could well be a corruption of the Arabic "Abufihamat" (pronounced in the Moorish Spanish similar to bufihamat). The word means 'father of understanding'. In Arabic, 'father' is taken to mean 'source, chief seat of,' and so on. In Sufi terminology, ras el-fahmat (head of knowledge) means the mentation of man after undergoing refinement- the transmuted consciousness."
I found that, might be relevant i guess...

Spoiler warning!

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">In the templar meeting about the Pazzi conspiracy shown at PAX, they reference the father of understanding.</span>

SBRedFlag
10-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon_082:
Right... but we know who the Assassins are... but who are the Brotherhood?

The brotherhood is the Templar Brotherhood...

Pendragon_082
10-11-2009, 07:14 PM
If that is so, then why would the Templars want to find and get rid of their own people? Remember, the Assassins were also a Brotherhood.

Drakonous505
10-11-2009, 07:21 PM
The Assassins and Templars are two different Brotherhoods. One is a Brotherhood of Assassins the other is the Templar Brotherhood. These are two entirely different organizations. They both have differing views and there for hate each other. That's the whole point of this game. The struggle between the Assassins and Templars... *Facepalm*

Pendragon_082
10-11-2009, 07:42 PM
We all know that Drakonous

Drakonous505
10-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Well judging by your previous post it seemed like you didn't.

Pendragon_082
10-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Drakonous505:

No... What I dont know is why the modern Templars referred to the Assassins and the Brotherhood when talking to people they want to get rid of. This suggests to me that there is a third entity we know nothing of.

Drakonous505
10-11-2009, 08:07 PM
My appologise then. And I agree with the third entity part. I'm curious as to whether this new entity appeared in the orient based on the previous subjects blood clues.

Pendragon_082
10-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Well, don't forget that the events in the Abstergo lab are 900 years after AC1 and 600 yrs after AC2, so anything could have happened.

bokeef04
10-11-2009, 09:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Drakonous505:

No... What I dont know is why the modern Templars referred to the Assassins and the Brotherhood when talking to people they want to get rid of. This suggests to me that there is a third entity we know nothing of. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

now i'm confused, when were the templars talking to people they want to get rid of? if your talking about the email they were after survivors of the attack, whether they be the enemy(assassin's, the ones who did the attacking) or allies(templars, the ones who defended against the attack)

obliviondoll
10-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by sbredflag:
All I got for the father of understanding was "Arkon Daraul proposed that "Baphomet" may derive from the Arabic word ??? ???? Abu fihama(t), meaning "The Father of Understanding".
Check your facts.

Most respectable research blames the Baphomet imagery on the Catholic Church - it was supposedly planted in Templar facilities and used as evidence of devil worship whn the church decided they were becoming too powerful.

There are those who believe the Templars truly worshipped some form of demon, and the Baphomet is an image of it, but no real Satanist uses that image in rituals. They use it as a bad joke, and as a "**** you" at authority in general, or at the Catholic church in particular, but it isn't a real satanic or pagan symbol.

If the Templars truly used it as such, they were the only ones. The Templars were known to refer to God as "The Father of Understanding" - so the name Baphomet being a translation of that would also tie it more closely with the Templars. Which can, of course, be used as evidence of either side of the argument.

Pendragon_082
10-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sbredflag:
Check your facts.

Most respectable research blames the Baphomet imagery on the Catholic Church - it was supposedly planted in Templar facilities and used as evidence of devil worship whn the church decided they were becoming too powerful.

There are those who believe the Templars truly worshipped some form of demon, and the Baphomet is an image of it, but no real Satanist uses that image in rituals. They use it as a bad joke, and as a "**** you" at authority in general, or at the Catholic church in particular, but it isn't a real satanic or pagan symbol.

If the Templars truly used it as such, they were the only ones. The Templars were known to refer to God as "The Father of Understanding" - so the name Baphomet being a translation of that would also tie it more closely with the Templars. Which can, of course, be used as evidence of either side of the argument. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was wondering about that.

cheers

EmperorxZurg
10-11-2009, 10:55 PM
and u check ur facts oblivion, the Church never decided the Templars were too powerful, they loved em, it was King Henry who wanted them gone and threatened the Church if they didn't do anything so HE put the fake evidence on them that they were gay and satanists. But ya, the Templars are the only ones who reffered to anything as the "Father of Understanding" and the Brotherhood is mostly used for Assassins, the Templars are usually referred to as an order, brotherhood having a much different emotional burst back then, than what the Templars wanted for a sect of warrior monks(even though it wasn't even TO BE warriors at first)

Xanatos2007
10-11-2009, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Losk_:
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">In the templar meeting about the Pazzi conspiracy shown at PAX, they reference the father of understanding.</span>
The 'Father of Understanding' is mentioned in almost every letter you steal in AC1, they end in "May the Father of Understanding guide you".

Seriously, am I the only one who reads the intel gathered through investigations?

SWJS
10-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Losk_:
The 'Father of Understanding' is mentioned in almost every letter you steal in AC1, they end in "May the Father of Understanding guide you".

Seriously, am I the only one who reads the intel gathered through investigations? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I skim. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

DeSabellis
10-12-2009, 04:44 AM
If that is so, then why would the Templars want to find and get rid of their own people? Remember, the Assassins were also a Brotherhood.

They weren't getting rid of anyone per se, they wanted to know what happened there and they wanted to 'resurrect this type of technology'... which is why any survivor would do. Everyone looked way to far into that, there is no 'third entity'.

@Xanatos: I read them all too. After I beat it of course.

Xanatos2007
10-12-2009, 06:56 AM
At the end when Vidic's boss asks about the POE he replies "At least haf a dozen (I.E: 6), at least 2 appear to reside on landmasses that no longer exist." I just finished AC1 (again) and counted 32. Was he, perhaps, reffering to the 6 POE that they didn't retrieve yet?

NuclearFuss
10-12-2009, 10:32 AM
You probably won't believe me, but my cousin just got a job at Ubisoft Montreal and supposedly she saw an AC2 video (maybe a trailer or someone playing the game) where Lucy says "I don't think Templars are the only problem..."

She doesn't know anything else though.

Jedted
10-12-2009, 12:00 PM
At the end when Vidic's boss asks about the POE he replies "At least haf a dozen (I.E: 6), at least 2 appear to reside on landmasses that no longer exist." I just finished AC1 (again) and counted 32. Was he, perhaps, reffering to the 6 POE that they didn't retrieve yet?

I noticed that too, there's definatly more than a dozen blips on that map so maybe they already found the other 35 but they lost em. However, in conf. room email they refer to 2 other Peices of Eden that were destoryed in an accident and they're using Altair's memories to find "POE No. 3" so maybe Vidic just got the wording wrong.

gamerxclutch
10-12-2009, 11:15 PM
well in a leaked video there is a cutscene that mentions templars hailing to the father of understanding so it must be there ruler or there feria(probably spelt wrong but pretty much like how hitler was to nazi's)

Xanatos2007
10-13-2009, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by sackboy411:
You probably won't believe me, but my cousin just got a job at Ubisoft Montreal and supposedly he saw an AC2 video (maybe a trailer or someone playing the game) where Lucy says "I don't think Templars are the only problem..."
Check this thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/5581067497/p/1) for a clue about the "new problem". In the questions section of the first post.

NuclearFuss
10-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Ah thanks I thought she was lying. That has made me even more curious now.

Fristi61
10-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Well if there is a third party involved, who could it be and what are they after?

Brotherhood of the Apple maybe?
(because of what Patrice said in the Sydney demonstration)
Just wildly guessing here, mind you.

thekyle0
10-13-2009, 04:28 PM
The Illuminati, the Free Masons, or the cult of the flying spaghetti monster.

caswallawn_2k7
10-13-2009, 04:44 PM
Kyle you missed the over lords and the lizard masters http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

thekyle0
10-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Like anybody believes in them.

Xanatos2007
10-13-2009, 08:57 PM
I was thinking it had something to do with the POE, like they're going critical-mass or something.<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> That's what Patrice hinted at anyway... </pre>

Fristi61
10-14-2009, 04:29 AM
I think I'm gonna have to play AC1 again to see if the templars actually refer to themselves as 'the brotherhood' somewhere in the game, if they do, then that probably means there is no third party involved, at least the 'brotherhood' in the email wouldn't have been a third party.

NuclearFuss
10-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Aren't the cult of the flying spaghetti monster called Pastafarians?

EmperorxZurg
10-14-2009, 05:36 PM
r u serious or r u just kidding from the joke they made in South Park about the evolution and believing in Spaghetti monsters? Cause if there are people worshipping pasta I would just laugh so hard I spurt my soul out of my nose instead of milk

Losk_
10-14-2009, 06:28 PM
It's a joke religion...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
http://www.venganza.org/

Also, wow how far off-topic are we..

EmperorxZurg
10-14-2009, 07:34 PM
being off topic is the new on topichttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

DeSabellis
10-16-2009, 08:15 AM
I was thinking it had something to do with the POE, like they're going critical-mass or something.<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> That's what Patrice hinted at anyway... </pre>

Or he just likes apples... lame joke I know... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Auditore_thingy
10-16-2009, 06:37 PM
Could it be the Pizza Creature? I mean, this IS Italy, after all..........

TastySandwich
10-16-2009, 08:38 PM
The Tunguska meteor was where the Element 115 Uup was discovered. This source of power was used by nazis to create powerful weapons like the Wunderwaffe Dg 2 at Der Riese

It was also used in teleportation experiments but there were complications and the experiments failed