PDA

View Full Version : IL2 1946 Installation Problem

Cyberfoxe
08-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Can anyone shed some light on this?
I am trying to install IL2 1946 "The Signature Collection" on my computer and am having the following problem:
1. I hit the installer exe on the disk and get the wizard going...
2. Message says "configuring Windows Installer".
"Preparing to Install..."
3. Everything installs to 100%...
4. Shortcuts are created...
5. "Registering Product" comes thru ok...
Here's where the fun starts...
6. Gets to "Publishing Product Information" and goes to 100%...
Stays here for at least 5 minutes
7. Message says: "Install Wizard completed"...
"The wizard was interrupted before IL2 Sturmovik could be completely installed. The system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time run the installation again"...

I even deinstalled my antivirus and firewall to see if that was the problem...
Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong??
Thanks in advance
cyberfoxe

Skycat_2
08-26-2007, 06:31 PM
If the installation process showed you a long slide show of screenshots, you probably have the game files installed on your computer but the .exe isn't launching the game. This would be a SecureRom issue that is sometimes a problem with the European edition of the game.

If you have the North American version, the DVD does not have to be in the drive to play the game so that wouldn't be the problem here. Either way, from your description it sounds as though the game is not installing at all.

Try this: Look at all your drives and highlight the drive that has the 1946 DVD in it. Use the 'Open' option by right clicking on the DVD with your mouse; you should open a window that shows all the folders and files on the DVD. Try the "Il-2 Sturmovik 1946" Windows Installer Package .exe. If that doesn't work, try the Setup Launcher icon that is simply named "a".

Cyberfoxe
08-26-2007, 07:57 PM
Thanks Skycat! I will give it a shot...
cyberfoxe