PDA

View Full Version : how do you fight the la5 with the late g6 with the same altitude in virtual pilots

raaaid
11-11-2004, 11:00 AM
first i have to say that i consider it absolutly unfair the la should face the ki84 and the g6 the spitfire or p51

but anyway there sould be some way to beat the la5 with the g6 any ideas?

Stiglr
11-11-2004, 11:04 AM
I dunno...if you're under 4KM alt, at co-energy and co-alt you're at a disadvantage.

The La5 is simply a cleaner, newer, better airframe; it should turn better, accelerate quickly, and climb nearly as well as a G6 Late.

I'd also say, if you're a 109 driver and don't start the majority of your tilts with an alt and energy advantage...you need to bone up on your 109 tactics.

LuftLuver
11-11-2004, 11:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by raaaid:
first i have to say that i consider it absolutly unfair..... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. WW2 was supposed to be a fair fight. What happened????!!!

Slingn
11-11-2004, 01:09 PM
I avoid that fight, and look for help. But if forced into it, i generally try to get them to overshoot me, before they blow my wing off, or splatter oil all over my cp.

falco_cz
11-11-2004, 01:22 PM
Actually Me109G6 and La5F were very close to each other in performance/maneurability (in RL).
In FB/AEP you should used strict B&Z tactics, high speed passes ONLY and preferably not wander below 3000 m too much...

HWick
11-11-2004, 01:45 PM
Hi!

Just use your G6Late manual prop pitch advantage in stallfight! La5 and La5F simply cant follow you if you can force him to slow down. In a G6, you can do loops at 210-230 km/h starting speed. La5 wont catch you, if you use these advantages.

Example. 1 on 1, same alt, same speed. the planes dont shoot at the first pass. After the pass, you make a not so hard immelmann and when, you go out from it, you just do another one. (hope, you understand.) La5s cant do it and you will with manual pp. After that you just have to use your b&z skillshttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

its another method: force him in a barrleroll and drop as much speed as you can. If He will follow you and hes speed dropped too, you will be in advantage in stallfight. And in a stallfight you could outrun him always. I cant present a track now, but my mates did it once for an other topic in the VEF forum. I will search those tracks, but It made in 2.01 I think....

Sorry about my englishhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Atomic_Marten
11-11-2004, 02:04 PM
If you fight AI bunch then after some time you will not have problems with them. Fighting them in QMB is good for boosting your gunnery skills http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

About tips verus LA5s while in Me109G6; you can choose Mk108 as your nose cannon (do that and your task is little easier), you *can* even turn with them (although I do that only when I'm pi$$ed after missing them in few BnZs) especially when close to deck (I mean really close ~15m)- they will usually give up after few circles, you must preserve a difference in alt (in your favor) if possible at any time (in the moment you see enemy planes, start working on that).

Then if you have alt advantage, then really, it all depends on your gunnery skill.

BfHeFwMe
11-11-2004, 02:06 PM
Any La can be beat by forcing him to fight in verticle turns between 2000 to 3000 meters. His blower shifts tword the upper end of that region, so climb performance seriously falters around 2500m. All Lavachkins choke and flounder a bit in that area, even the La-7.

mortoma
11-11-2004, 03:45 PM
I usually just take advantage of the vastly superior climb, then hammerhead down on them. I climb at an ugodly low airspeed of 210-220, which not even the LA-7 can climb at. Especially higher that 2500 meters. That slow climb leaves them floundering helplessly below you.

carguy_
11-11-2004, 05:58 PM
Strange none of you guys said the Me109 can take the La 1v1 even at coE state over 3500m.

Particulary Me109G6Late has superior high speed elevator authority and can turn angles with it assuming the pilot has a good throttle feel.

You can always hit the deck and disengage at will,and if you don`t have the alt to do it...well you really shouldn`t engage it 1v1 below that altitude.