PDA

View Full Version : multiplayer sucks

nopezero07
11-28-2010, 02:19 AM
the multiplayer on here needs some MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS!! it takes way to long to find a game to play. i have literally spent 45 minutes to an hour looking for a game that only lasts like 10 minutes. if i try to join a friend thats currently in a game or even searching for one it NEVER lets me join... EVER!!!!!!!! the majority of the time we try to join the same game together we get split up into completely different maps!! Ubi really needs to get their S&%$ together and do some major fixing. it cant be that hard since every game that has multiplayer (almost all of them) can let me and a couple friends find a game in a max of 5 minutes and it NEVER splits us up. if they werent going to do it right they shouldnt have made a multiplayer in the first place. the game did just fine without one in the first two so why did it need one now. complete waste of time!

AI aiden
11-28-2010, 02:23 AM
i can second this its a great game but 1 hour of wait for 10-30 min of gameplay isnt worth it sorry

swimer700
11-28-2010, 02:29 AM
I get a game pretty much 30 seconds after I start searching but I do have a 100% wireless connection. Its obvious that Ubi need to sort out their sever if only people with amazing internet connection can get a game quickly.

XxKillaSniperxX
11-28-2010, 02:35 AM
It's a know issue that Ubisoft is working on. Also, this is the first go-around for multiplayer. Of course it's gonna have some issues to iron-out. Just give it time instead of ranting about how it sucks when you say nothing about the actual gameplay.

nopezero07
11-28-2010, 02:51 AM
i will continue to rant until they fix it. i dont care how new they are at it. a ton of other games get it right the first time but creed probably never will. i know they're working on it but finding a game is a basic thing to figure out. they cant have a multiplayer without it. as for the gameplay itself.. theres a lot of little things that bug me. like how ur character will just stop in his tracks when a pursuer assassinates u. up close i can understand cause you have no idea, but when ur running away from a guy and he can catch up to u when ur running in a straight line and then ur guy just stops. theres also the fact that 2 out of 3 times my smoke bombs and mute done work even when my targets in range. the stunning sucks in general. if i see a guy coming after me but he doesnt know where i am i should b able to stun him faster then he can turn around and kill me. plus y cant we kill our pursuers? if im being chased by a guy and have that escape bar on my screen i should be able to turn around and shoot him, or stun him and then kill him. if ur being chased by a guy that wants to kill u would u really just stun him and then run away?

Jack-Reacher
11-28-2010, 02:55 AM
Didnt bother reading that fat wall of text but I read your opening post, I agree entirely. Too many similar complaints about matchmaking makes this a joke, its actually pathetic. They had a beta to make sure it all ran smooth and it seems worse, it takes forever to find a damn game and level 40+ are still being put in the same room as people under level 10

ficrita
11-28-2010, 03:51 AM
I have a few things to point out here.

1: The game has been out for real for about a week. I'm quite sure more people will buy the game later on which will make matchmaking easier

2: Being able to kill your pursuer goes against the whole idea of having to watch out for them. It's part of the game.

3: They've come up with a unique gameplay idea which has got a lot of people hooked, whereas most mp games are shooters that are following a well known formula.

4: They're providing it for free, quit your *****ing.

SoraXIII
11-28-2010, 07:19 AM
Odd, because yesterday I was able to find games in less than a minute.

MuddledMuppet2
11-28-2010, 08:57 AM
i think it's a bit like being with a partner, the more you love them the more you're prepared to put up with their faults http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

but, when you're not THAT struck on 'em, every little thing they do annoys you and it' time to get out.

Personally, I'm in love!

QuickBrittle
11-28-2010, 10:20 AM
I am going to rant a bit here.

Please take 5 mins to read the forum first before you come here to post the 4 billionth NEW thread about the multiplayer issues.

You aren't the first person to realize that the multiplayer has issues and you won't be the last. Having 500 new threads everyday about the multiplayer issues is just plain annoying.

Anonua
11-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Ya see I've never had that big of an issue getting into a game, nor do I have an issue with the game mechanics that much. All I'm really hearing out of this topic is "Biiiitch, ***** ***** *****, *****."

mockingbird83
11-28-2010, 05:42 PM
there's one thing that will make me put the controller down on this game. It's not the roofers. It's not the stun dynamics. It's my ability, or lack thereof, to join games.

It's a sad fact that this game may miss its opportunity to go critical mass (as far as populairty goes) because of bad design in match making.

Especially when there are so many people keen to actually play the damned game.

Ubi are actually managing to f up something unique. They dont have issues with people wanting to play. they're having issues with letting people play.

maybe they're actually communists. and dont like making money.

But in all seriousness. roofers and stun dynamics make me angry and want to quit sometimes. but i dont.

however, when i'm just sitting there for a game. I have time to realise "hey, im hungry/sleepy/need to pee/isn't it nice outside" and turn the game off.

I just hope Ubi get onto it before too many people turn the game off for good

ZnorfRat
11-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Well, i've never had any problems with finding a game .....

nopezero07
11-28-2010, 10:21 PM
first off, if ur sick of reading about all of the multiplayer comlpaints then heres a genius idea... stop reading them. i posted it cause i wanted to rant for a bit if u dont like it then dont comment and just go away. i dont care how long its been out they shouldnt have such basic problems at all. its simple stuff that they shouldve figured out before the release date. i love the game like crazy and will continue to play to multiplayer but u can bet that as soon as i get to level 50 i wont touch it again

obliviondoll
11-28-2010, 10:37 PM
Only problem I have with the number of complaints is the number of people who could easily look through the first page of the forum (let alone using the search function) and find a half-dozen threads with the same topic already.

When yours showed up, I think we only had 1 or 2 others on the first page, so not directing this too severely at you.

But actually on-topic, mentioned before, will do so again, matchmaking has been acknowledged as an issue that Ubisoft are working on, but they don't have a definite timeframe on a fix for it yet.

We're all hoping it happens soon.

In the meantime, check your NAT settings.

nopezero07
11-28-2010, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Kaz_Lezar:
Really this again?

Heres the simple solution:

Go complain to your ISP instead of here or get some friends and make a party so you don't have to wait "an hour for a 10 minute game". it gets old playing the same people over and over again. like i said before im not making u read this. if u dont like it then read about something else

nopezero07
11-28-2010, 11:15 PM
You are forcing me to read it because your trolling on an issue thats been dealt with a million times over again.

I never have a problem waiting an hour to find a game, give it a few mins (5 tops) and if you don't have a game then restart the search. thats wat i do if im by myself but me and a friend do a lot of alliance and it gets annoying after awhile. does anyone know of an easy way to keep a group of two together?

Anything beyond that means your connection might be to bad to connect to anything else and that's why your having such a hard time connecting to live games.

obliviondoll
11-28-2010, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by nopezero07:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kaz_Lezar:
I never have a problem waiting an hour to find a game, give it a few mins (5 tops) and if you don't have a game then restart the search. thats wat i do if im by myself but me and a friend do a lot of alliance and it gets annoying after awhile. does anyone know of an easy way to keep a group of two together? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There you go Kaz, I translated for you.

And like I said, check your NAT settings. If you're on type 3, change it.

Other than that, there are some known matchmaking issues - one of those affects player parties being split up, but it's rare if you're both setup properly.

EDIT:

Then the answer to that is play a ranked playlist. If you go into a Ranked alliance game then you and your partner will be on the same team every time as far as I know, sometimes there are minor hiccups but you will be satisfied with the result.
And that doesn't work.

Alliance Ranked doesn't let you play with friends.

nopezero07
11-28-2010, 11:26 PM
my bad dude i messed up on the comment, put mine in the middle of urs

nopezero07
11-28-2010, 11:28 PM
Ya i edited my older post to fix what he did. Thanks for the lookout though pal.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

And that's not true. Unless they have changed something since I have been on, I am talking with one other individual not a group of 6.
If you go into a Ranked Alliance game, create a group with one other person, you will be on the same team. In Ranked you cannot play against your friends but you can play with them. You can do this with Manhunt as well, trust me I do it all the time and we are always on the same team. being on the same team is easy enough but as its finding a match or loading one up it will split us up into completely different games.