PDA

View Full Version : Help Make Another Install of PF

BadBudd
04-28-2005, 01:25 PM
Is it possible to make another separate install of PF. I tried by renaming my original PF folder to Pacific Fighters Org and tried to install from the disc another PF and the Install Stand-alone option is grayed out, thus not allowing another install. I have not done a multi-install since CFS2 and if I recall correctly, renaming the different installs was all that I had to do. Would appreciate help.
Thanks, BadBud

jarink
04-28-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by BadBudd:
Is it possible to make another separate install of PF. I tried by renaming my original PF folder to Pacific Fighters Org and tried to install from the disc another PF and the Install Stand-alone option is grayed out, thus not allowing another install. I have not done a multi-install since CFS2 and if I recall correctly, renaming the different installs was all that I had to do. Would appreciate help.
Thanks, BadBud

I know it'll work if you do a stand-alone and a merged (with Forgotten Battles and Ace Expansion Pack) install. Curious, why are you wanting to do this?

CapBackassward
04-28-2005, 02:34 PM
Yes. Copy your entire IL 2/PF folder to the desktop. It will take a little while to do this depending on how fast your computer is. Rename the copied IL 2/PF folder to IL 2\PF 2, or whatever you choose. Slide the new named IL 2 folder into the same ubi folder with the other IL 2 folder and you have 2 versions of the game. Make a new shortcut from the new versions EXE of IL 2 and put it on your desktop. You now have two exe's that will start whichever version you want to start.

Rick

steve_v
04-28-2005, 02:58 PM
If you really want to get crazy,

Installing Multiple versions of FB/AEP/PF
By Tully
http://www.airwarfare.com/guides/multivers.htm

BadBudd
04-28-2005, 09:08 PM
Why answer to jarink.........I have a separate install of IL-2/AEP/FB and a separate stand-alone install of PF (progressively patched to 3.04). For some undiscovered reason I am not able to connect with my buds on-line with their newly installed PF3.04, so I thought that I would make new/clean install of PF with patches 3.03 and 3.04 that would be without all the planes/skins/missions/campaigns that I have in my original PF and the problem that that keeps us from connecting. I know that it is a problem on my end and in my PF3.04, because we do not have a problem connecting on-line in Teamspeak or FS9. And I would still like to know why on the PF disc, the Install Stand-alone Install is grayed out. Which brings up the question: if you un-install PF Stand-alone completely from your HD, how are you able to install at some later date with a disc that has the install grayed-out? Thanks for interest and comments, BadBud

Dew-Claw
04-29-2005, 02:30 PM
I've got all versions installed so I can fly in any room that catches my eye.
Its been awhile since I did it, but I believe you have to rename the executable before the disk will ungrey the install option.

Hunter82
04-29-2005, 05:12 PM
I believe it's the registry string created in the UBI folder of installed games and the exe.. I'm in the process of doing some things so I can't test but if you rename the string you shouldbe able to make as many installs as you like... It's for the UBI game service to hook up and check version for online play.

Originally posted by BadBudd:
Why answer to jarink.........I have a separate install of IL-2/AEP/FB and a separate stand-alone install of PF (progressively patched to 3.04). For some undiscovered reason I am not able to connect with my buds on-line with their newly installed PF3.04, so I thought that I would make new/clean install of PF with patches 3.03 and 3.04 that would be without all the planes/skins/missions/campaigns that I have in my original PF and the problem that that keeps us from connecting. I know that it is a problem on my end and in my PF3.04, because we do not have a problem connecting on-line in Teamspeak or FS9. And I would still like to know why on the PF disc, the Install Stand-alone Install is grayed out. Which brings up the question: if you un-install PF Stand-alone completely from your HD, how are you able to install at some later date with a disc that has the install grayed-out? Thanks for interest and comments, BadBud

BadBudd
04-29-2005, 06:38 PM
Renaming the .exe file does not do it, tried that. I am not familiar with the registry string, will try to figure out what it is. That may be beyond my PC smarts. Thanks again, BadBud