PDA

View Full Version : AC broke my 360!

Morvix
11-15-2007, 01:22 PM
No lol not really AC's fault. It was the night before Creed day and all through the house, dvd's played a lot louder than any mouse. The red rings appeared during the previews of Ocean's Thirteen which I picked up earlier that evening.

It froze up and then on boot-up sounded like the cd rom just would not spin and threw up the three red-rings. So I wrapped it with a hot towel and it worked again after it shut off while running for a good 30 min or so. Then I went and got AC the next morning after about a year of waiting and it was really fun, but then it froze and kept on freezing on bootup but no red rings. So I bit the bullet unhooked it and brought it to Gamestop, I exchanged it and traded in the new arcade memory card (I kept my premium hard drive) and got some money off.

New arcade system to play AC on = $220 after tax
Launch Xbox 360 without the hard drive + 1 wireless controller and I got to keep my HD cables trade in = $90 dollars
Cost to play AC = $280

Not too bad for a launch unit 5 years with 0 problems =) I camped outside best buy in a tent for it though and it had a cool silver door not this crappy white disk door on the Arcade =( Oh well least I got a new one and a new wireless controller =P

Morvix
11-15-2007, 01:22 PM
No lol not really AC's fault. It was the night before Creed day and all through the house, dvd's played a lot louder than any mouse. The red rings appeared during the previews of Ocean's Thirteen which I picked up earlier that evening.

It froze up and then on boot-up sounded like the cd rom just would not spin and threw up the three red-rings. So I wrapped it with a hot towel and it worked again after it shut off while running for a good 30 min or so. Then I went and got AC the next morning after about a year of waiting and it was really fun, but then it froze and kept on freezing on bootup but no red rings. So I bit the bullet unhooked it and brought it to Gamestop, I exchanged it and traded in the new arcade memory card (I kept my premium hard drive) and got some money off.

New arcade system to play AC on = $220 after tax
Launch Xbox 360 without the hard drive + 1 wireless controller and I got to keep my HD cables trade in = $90 dollars
Cost to play AC = $280

Not too bad for a launch unit 5 years with 0 problems =) I camped outside best buy in a tent for it though and it had a cool silver door not this crappy white disk door on the Arcade =( Oh well least I got a new one and a new wireless controller =P

raz22
11-15-2007, 01:26 PM
Morvix: So GameStop takes dead 360's as trade-ins? Or did you neglect to tell them that part? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Morvix
11-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Naww they knew it was busted, they give like $80 bucks with it being broken go figure. Well I knew the manager but I am pretty sure if you call em they will tell you the same thing. They just took my machine, the power cord, and 1 wireless controller. I got to keep the HD cables, hard drive, etc. I bought an arcade system which pretty much is $279 and replaced the Core. comes with a wireless controller, memory card, standard CV cables, and the system. I traded in the memory card as well and paid 220 after tax for the new one =P