PDA

View Full Version : Patches dont show up as installed

WildeSau1975
04-05-2007, 12:04 AM
Hi all,

I re-installed FB/AEP/PF - as a merged installation - and all the patches as per the patch list.

My problem is that the patches didn't show as being installed - but I can't figure out what I have done wrong.

I hope that it can be solved without a total re-installation...

Thanks for any help.

Michael the WildeSau

WildeSau1975
04-05-2007, 12:04 AM
Hi all,

I re-installed FB/AEP/PF - as a merged installation - and all the patches as per the patch list.

My problem is that the patches didn't show as being installed - but I can't figure out what I have done wrong.

I hope that it can be solved without a total re-installation...

Thanks for any help.

Michael the WildeSau

Yellow_Sub
04-05-2007, 01:36 AM
Maybe you missed a patch? Download this one, it contains all patches for the FB+AEP+PF series. After the installation the startup screen should show 4.04m.

ftp://ftp.ubi.com/de/pacificfighters/PFm_Megapatch.zip
Edit:
Here's another link Ubisoft's ftp seems to has problems.

http://www.independency.de/IFS/index.php?downloads-show-2

WildeSau1975
04-05-2007, 03:25 AM
Hi YellowSub,

Many thanks for your reply.

I have installed all patches - therefore I don't see why it's not working.

Is it right that I only have to unzipp the files into the mainfolder and that's all?

Do I have to start the game after every installation of a patch or can I just install them one by one without firing up the game in between?

I really cant figure out what I have done wrong.

Many thanks.

Skycat_2
04-05-2007, 07:01 AM
You should be able to install all of them first, then start the game.

Make sure you have the correct series of patches for Pacific Fighters. 'Merged' version (with FB and AEP, then PF added as an expansion) get the series of patches with the lower-cased 'm' in the name: 3.03m, 4.01m, 4.02m, 4.03m, 4.04m.

Stand-alone version of the game gets its own folder and even a differently named Ubi Soft folder than Forgotten Battles/FB+AEP+PF. One is UbiSoft, the other is Ubi Soft as I recall. If you have both of these folders and your FB game is firing up without the Corsair on the loading screen, you don't have the series 'merged.'

Check the target of the patches. They should be set up to go right to the default location of the PF install (either version, appropriate to that patch series). Just check to be sure.

If you exhaust these possibilities, there is a way to "manually override" the patch installation. Basically, make a new folder on your desktop and then target the first patch to that. You can then manually move all the contents to your game folder. See if that works; if it does, continue doing that with the remaining patches. You could also unzip all the patches to the new folder at once because many of the patch files simply replace older versions.

Good luck, I hope this helps. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Tully__
04-06-2007, 11:07 PM
Also double check that the game is installed where you think it is. The patches assume the default Forgotten Battles installation location, if you put the game somewhere else you'll need to manually redirect each patch to the location you chose.

major_setback
04-07-2007, 05:53 AM
Yes, check the game's location. You might find one or more of the patches have gone into either 'programs' or 'program files' (if you have a seperate listing for the two).

WWSensei
04-07-2007, 05:59 AM
If I read his question right I think most are missing what he is saying.

If you are looking for the patches to be listed in the Add/Remove programs list they won't be there.

Yes, most of the patches are just unzipping and over writing older files.

the only way to truly check if a patch installed is if after "installing" the patch you fire up the game and check the version number in the lower left corner.