PDA

View Full Version : Masyaf Map Question - Need Help

kyvard
08-19-2008, 02:21 AM
Ok, somehow on the way to Damascus I end up in Masyaf. I look at the map and their appears to be two roads out, one goes left to Damascus, the other goes up, down, in, out, curves and goes the wrong way, away from Damascus. Thing is, every time I end and leave Masyaf, no matter how I try, I always end up on that right road out, and cannot even find the left road (again, according to the map) that goes to Damascus.

What's the deal? Am I reading the map wrong? Why two roads appear to enter/exit Masyaf and yet I can only find or find myself on that one "wrong" road?! Help! This is driving me crazy!!!

Oh, this is A.C. on the Xbox 360. Many thanks!

kyvard
08-19-2008, 02:21 AM
Ok, somehow on the way to Damascus I end up in Masyaf. I look at the map and their appears to be two roads out, one goes left to Damascus, the other goes up, down, in, out, curves and goes the wrong way, away from Damascus. Thing is, every time I end and leave Masyaf, no matter how I try, I always end up on that right road out, and cannot even find the left road (again, according to the map) that goes to Damascus.

What's the deal? Am I reading the map wrong? Why two roads appear to enter/exit Masyaf and yet I can only find or find myself on that one "wrong" road?! Help! This is driving me crazy!!!

Oh, this is A.C. on the Xbox 360. Many thanks!

ScytheOfGrim
08-19-2008, 02:25 AM
You're obviously missing a turn somewhere.
The game isn't playing mind games. >_>

Har, the game is playing you. xD

Mizz_Assassin
08-19-2008, 04:27 AM
that always happens to me, as scythe said you're probably missing a turn somewhere, trace your steps, go slowly no galloping and then you'll find your turn and keep looking at the map to see your position.

kyvard
08-20-2008, 01:13 AM
So frustrating! LOL!

Ok, will give it another go and look for that turn I'm probably just passing by.

I did notice the entire left side -- which according to the map is where it would be -- is lined with tons of soldiers. I'm probably being so careful to "blend in" I'm missing a path their blocking or something.

Thanks for the advice!

kyvard
08-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Ok, I've tried this several dozen times.

Despite what the map displays, leaving Masyaf may show two roads, but the game play shows a single road. I go a bit and I am always on the road on the right.

According to the map there is a left road away from Damascus and a right road that goes to Damascus and I keep, no matter what, find myself on the right-side road and see no left road anywhere in the game (only on the map).

I that just how the game is played? Do you have to take that one long road in the wrong direction to eventually some day get to Damascus? (In other words are you forced as part of the game to wander through the Kingdon for a long time first?)

Or am I doing something radically wrong? (Please, no mind games you guys! This is frustrating enough. hehe)

SockIt2EmBigD
08-27-2008, 10:08 PM
did you climb all the towers (view points) and clear up the map so that your reading it right? Because it sounds to me like your just reading the map wrong or not paying attention. Try looking for the forks in the road where theres a stone street sign pointing you in the right direction.