PDA

View Full Version : Carriers Availible in DF Mode?

{VF-1}_Rivrat
04-15-2004, 08:43 PM
Hi Luthier!!
My question is:Will Carriers be availible in the DF modes? As A member of II/JG1, we have spent the last year putting together a mass MP War using DF/Dedicated server. However since we have no dedicated software yet for AEP, we are on hold. The aspect of carriers on the DF server is of great intrest as this will further enhance our project. So here are a few follow-up questions if the answer is YES to DF Carriers.

A) How will spawning be handled?
B) Will the Carriers being moving or stationary? (I know for a fact Warbirds ran Carriers in their servers and the carriers moved around the map. Very fun)
C) Will there be dedicated server software?
D) Will a scoring system be put in place to better track scoring on DF servers?
E) Will there be a better weather modeling? (ie: Late afternoon Thunderstorm(Common in the South Pacific)s towering to Hi-Alt?Varible wind/visibility?
Sorry so long, but these are questions that we at II/JG1 have. We very much want to start a VF sqd. for PF and these questions will definately help us make a decision on what we want to do. I know some of this info is still in the planning stage, and may be Top Secret, but if you could slip us a crumb, it would be greatly appreciated.

II/JG1.Stab.RivRat Maj.

{VF-1}_Rivrat
04-15-2004, 08:43 PM
Hi Luthier!!
My question is:Will Carriers be availible in the DF modes? As A member of II/JG1, we have spent the last year putting together a mass MP War using DF/Dedicated server. However since we have no dedicated software yet for AEP, we are on hold. The aspect of carriers on the DF server is of great intrest as this will further enhance our project. So here are a few follow-up questions if the answer is YES to DF Carriers.

A) How will spawning be handled?
B) Will the Carriers being moving or stationary? (I know for a fact Warbirds ran Carriers in their servers and the carriers moved around the map. Very fun)
C) Will there be dedicated server software?
D) Will a scoring system be put in place to better track scoring on DF servers?
E) Will there be a better weather modeling? (ie: Late afternoon Thunderstorm(Common in the South Pacific)s towering to Hi-Alt?Varible wind/visibility?
Sorry so long, but these are questions that we at II/JG1 have. We very much want to start a VF sqd. for PF and these questions will definately help us make a decision on what we want to do. I know some of this info is still in the planning stage, and may be Top Secret, but if you could slip us a crumb, it would be greatly appreciated.

II/JG1.Stab.RivRat Maj.

luthier1
04-15-2004, 09:24 PM
We definitely won't have any ships moving in DF mode.

There is a scoring system in place already, and it will not be changed.

There will not be variable weather.

Everything else is still WIP and I can't give you any definite answers on the rest.

http://www.il2center.com/PF.jpg

{VF-1}_Rivrat
04-16-2004, 02:37 AM
OK, thx for the response Luthier.

II/JG1.Stab.Rivrat Maj.

http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL25/914124/2142884/47893187.jpg

Michael.Degelow
04-17-2004, 01:52 AM
Will we have Carriers for take-off and landing in DF maps, even if they do not move?

S! Deg

DONB3397
04-17-2004, 01:38 PM
I must not understand "DF" mode. When there is an aerial fight in FB, I thought the ships were moving. At least they gave the visual sense of movement with trailing smoke and a wake.

It seems to me that a mobile carrier would add challenge and interest to the task of navigation to and from...as well as in flying fleet cap. Is this a huge programming issue?

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/3fe77b7e_1812a/bc/Images/Sig---1.jpg?BChYYgABajWiLZQo
There is no 'way' of winning;
There is only Winning!

Michael.Degelow
04-17-2004, 01:45 PM
DF= Dogfight Map