PDA

View Full Version : I have a axe to grind. And it is'nt just with Congress!

Capt.Cornhole
03-22-2010, 06:47 PM
(Last one was locked, hopefully this one is placed in the right topic area http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)

Congress is full of morons, but thats not why I'm here.

Ubisoft........

I played the original Assassin's Creed, I really enjoyed it beside a few things I will get to in a bit. But I just recently picked up Prince of Persia and Assassin's Creed 2. And I must say I am extreamly disapointed with Ubisoft.

Why you might ask?

Lets start out with gameplay, shall we?
(If you don't want to read my paraghraph, there is a summary underneath)

Prince of Persia, it's a very pretty game they way it's cell shaded, the enviorment and everything else going on is very pleasing to the eye. But that said, 14 hours plus of repeditive wall jumping and puzzle solveing is more then I can take. When you play as the Prince you can do some fancy moves, but I feel that the game is forceing it on me. Unlike Assassin's Creed, you have to time your button pressing perfectly, and if you don't the result is instant death followed by Elika (your companion) takeing you back to the begining of the sequence; which is often 3 mins plus sequence. Adding to that each level is very repeditive, you do some jumping and wall climbing, then you enter a puzzle sequence, followed by more jumping ending up with a boss fight, you think it's over right? NO! The game forces you to go back over the section you just played over in order to collect these glowy orb things that have no purpose what so ever. Then you have to deal with 14 plus hours of this!

In short, gameplay is very repeditive among other things and seems like the game forces certain things onto the player.

The Orignial Assassin's Creed, some people complained it was repeditive. But I disagree, yes the set up leading to the assassination was run through plenty of times. But the assassination and sometimes a chase was very rewarding. Each assassination felt different, and Ubisoft did a good job on that. How ever beyond that their was'nt much to do beyond replaying your assassinations.

This leading up to the sequal, haveing played the original I came in with high expectations. I was expecting similar assassinations with more sidequests, a awesome soundtrack and replayable memoires. Don't get me wrong it was a fun game, but I was blown away at the gameplay changes. Every assassination was dumbed down so all of them felt the same, they all carried out the same way very bland. Because each assassination had their own different element that was in the form of a open world. This time every assassination was vorced apon you in a story sort of mode where you had to follow what the cut scenes told you to do. For instance, you had to kill a city offical on a ship. You could have snuck around plulled him over the side, thus drowning among other things. But the game wanted you to stand their and shoot him with a pistol. Not very satifying is it? Adding to that the enemies where not as memorable as those Knights and Arabs in ther first game, and although fun to look at and experience combat got easy and a little worn out. The worst thing being that you can't replay your favorite assassination, you have to work your way up to that point from the begining of a new game.

In short, every assassination was not as unique and freeform as the first; enemies wern't as good/memorable and you can't replay your favorite assassination.

Now it comes down to plot.

Yargh, thar be spoilers ahead!

Prince of Persia, this plot is not related to the previous installments (which I could care less about). But some where else in Arabia or something our hero, The Prince meets up with some hott girl name Elika. Eventually Elika tells the Prince that her crazy father is releaseing some "evil" god named Arimahn , who is inprision behind a magic seal. So Elika and The Prince go around fighting the god's minions in effort to repair the magic seal. The plot is fine until... After 14 hours of corny diolauge The Prince confronts Arimahn; defeates him and repairs the seal. But in the process Elika dies. So as the credits roll, The Prince places her on a memorial alter. Game over right? WRONG! What Ubisoft had in mind was they wanted you to develope a relationship with Elika, mush like you do with Valve's Alex Vance, but fails. Leaveing the player in a WTF moment. So the game compells you to save Elika by releaseing the god Arimahn. Doing this will undo 14 hours plus of hard repeditive work, thus accomplishing nothing! And the Best Ubisoft gives you is "To be continues"!

In summary, at the end of them game you undo 14 hours plus of hard work in under a min, thus accomplishing nothing, and Ubisoft leaves you hanging with NO ending.

Assassin's Creed

The game would have worked without the whole 2012/Desmond/Templar subplot. Not that I have a problem with it, all I am saying it would have worked well just playing as Altair. But anyway the plot is good, diolauge is well done, plot makes some sence. Assassins are fighting Temlars; trying to stop the fighting between Crusaders and Arabs; while trying to find "Peices of Eden", which at this point is a total mystery. And even with the subplot is works well. But like Prince of Persia, the game has no ending. Ubisoft leaves you hanging stairing at a wall with blood on it!

Assassin's Creed has no ending, beyond that it is a very fun game.

Assassin's Creed 2

This is what really bugs me, Desmond gets rescued by the Assassins and relives the memories of his ancestor Enzio. Although very fun, Ubisoft did'nt incorportate the plot very well. Fist your getting revenge on this guy (who's name you can't pronounce), next thing you know is that other people you haven't eve heard of or can remember are related to him and need assassinating. So really up till Venice/Rome all yo know is the guy you wanted revenge on is related to a Templar plot that is never fully explained. So the villian in this game is the Pope and that fact that he is the pope is just sprung on you at the last second, lots of things our sprund on you at the last second. For instance you do a mission with Leonardo Da Venci and there is a cut sceen with Enzio is sitting on a bench and Leonardo Da Venci and Enzio says " Hey friend, it's been years sence I saw you last" and the player is like "Wait, I was just with you a few seconds ago". In addition there other plot holes one is when Enzio is stabbed and out for a few weeks, but the Pope stabs him yet Enzio is just fine. But never mind that plots holes like above are nothing comapared to the ending.

After the fist fight with The Pope (best part of the game btw), it is revealed to you that the current race of Humans are actually ancestors of ancient race of space fairing people, and that somehow they all died due to the fact of Global Warming and the Sun going supernove (something to that effect). Next the game tells me my religion as well as every other is false and is all a load of bull. Explaining that each religion is based "Myths of the Peices of Edin". In addition to that we get to know the Assassin's Creed that says phrases similar to Daoism. Saying that "...there is no truth, and each people must find their own way" I mean what a load of Bull****, if we had that it would be anarchy saying that everything is socially acceptable. The whole game turns out to be an ancient alien/2012/kingdom of the krystal skull prophasy.

In short, Earth was founded by a Ancient Space Fairing Civilization, they created out Human race along with the peices of Edin, they where stupid so Global Warming and the Sun caused the Sol 3 to go Bananas killing lots of people, over lots of years they rebuilt (useing flax and barley) and created our race of Humans, and the pyrimids and Aztec temples are giant landing pads for ancient starships, then in Stargate fassion the Humans revolt against these Ancient Race of people (they where propably Gould anyway), we drove them off the planet and they are extict, but the left their legacy for us "Peices of Edin", and due to that every I learn the people at Ubisoft tell me every religion is a lie, Desmond is somesort of prophet, the Templars are a cult and their "Death Satilite" is not the real problem, because the SUN WILL GO SUPERNOVA on Dec, 25th 2012.

Finally, Ubisoft DRM policy.

The whole thing is boarderline Communist! It is suppose to prevent piracy, but their is already pirated copies you can get on the internet. The only people who suffer are the honest people who pay for their product, but are plauged by Ubisoft server crashes and other Ubisoft bugs. In additions Ubisoft gets to monitor you when you log in, it is the equivilent of Bush's Wiretapping program, except that was justfied.

Thoughts and Comments? Feel free to barade me. :P

caswallawn_2k7
03-22-2010, 06:53 PM
The whole thing is boarderline Communist! It is suppose to prevent piracy, but their is already pirated copies you can get on the internet.
none of them work and the majority are designed to steal the account information of people who purchased the game but want to disable the online connection.

Iskander_Estel
03-22-2010, 07:26 PM
Next the game tells me my religion as well as every other is false and is all a load of bull. Explaining that each religion is based "Myths of the Peices of Edin". In addition to that we get to know the Assassin's Creed that says phrases similar to Daoism. Saying that "...there is no truth, and each people must find their own way" I mean what a load of Bull****, if we had that it would be anarchy saying that everything is socially acceptable. The whole game turns out to be an ancient alien/2012/kingdom of the krystal skull prophasy.

In short, Earth was founded by a Ancient Space Fairing Civilization, they created out Human race along with the peices of Edin, they where stupid so Global Warming and the Sun caused the Sol 3 to go Bananas killing lots of people, over lots of years they rebuilt (useing flax and barley) and created our race of Humans, and the pyrimids and Aztec temples are giant landing pads for ancient starships, then in Stargate fassion the Humans revolt against these Ancient Race of people (they where propably Gould anyway), we drove them off the planet and they are extict, but the left their legacy for us "Peices of Edin", and due to that every I learn the people at Ubisoft tell me every religion is a lie, Desmond is somesort of prophet, the Templars are a cult and their "Death Satilite" is not the real problem, because the SUN WILL GO SUPERNOVA on Dec, 25th 2012.

Well... Captain America, looks like you didn't read the adversiment after the Ubisoft logo is diplay on screen...

"Inspired by historical events and characters."

"This work of fiction was designed, developed and produced by a multicultrual team of various religious faiths and beliefs."

They aren't trying to covert you into a pagan, comunist or nothing of the sort...

and it's a trilogy it's supposed to end with a "To be continued"

and the most importan thing of all... you don't have to play any of Ubisoft games if you don't want to.

Capt.Cornhole
03-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Iskander_Estel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Next the game tells me my religion as well as every other is false and is all a load of bull. Explaining that each religion is based "Myths of the Peices of Edin". In addition to that we get to know the Assassin's Creed that says phrases similar to Daoism. Saying that "...there is no truth, and each people must find their own way" I mean what a load of Bull****, if we had that it would be anarchy saying that everything is socially acceptable. The whole game turns out to be an ancient alien/2012/kingdom of the krystal skull prophasy.

Well... Captain America, looks like you didn't read the adversiment after the Ubisoft logo is diplay on screen...

"This work of fiction was designed, developed and produced by a multicultrual team of various religious faiths and beliefs."

They aren't trying to covert you into a pagan, comunist or nothing of the sort...

and the most importan thing of all... you don't have to play any of Ubisoft games if you don't want to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, please forgive me. I was unable to read it due to the fact that I'm blind.

I never say they are trying to convert me. It's just that in that case they are pushing more secular thought saying that all religion is misguideing. And they present it in the game as if it is fact, not like their "advirtisement" suggests.

Also it's more a disclaimer, then "advertisment".

I have played numerous games that where ment to be a trilogy of sort. And by all means their Devs did'nt end it with a "To be continued" cliff hanger ubisoft dose. To name a well know few: Mass Effect, God of War, Half-Life, Bioshock, etc.

Why would I not want to buy the next installment of Assassin's Creed, if you read my whole rant you would see I enjoyed the two previous games. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Iskander_Estel
03-22-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Capt.Cornhole:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Iskander_Estel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

and the most importan thing of all... you don't have to play any of Ubisoft games if you don't want to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, please forgive me. I was unable to read it due to the fact that I'm blind.

I never say they are trying to convert me. It's just that in that case they are pushing more secular thought saying that all religion is misguideing. And they present it in the game as if it is fact, not like their "advirtisement" suggests.

Also it's more a disclaimer, then "advertisment".

I have played numerous games that where ment to be a trilogy of sort. And by all means their Devs did'nt end it with a "To be continued" cliff hanger ubisoft dose. To name a well know few: Mass Effect, God of War, Half-Life, Bioshock, etc.

Why would I not want to buy the next installment of Assassin's Creed, if you read my whole rant you would see I enjoyed the two previous games. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok... against that kind of mind i can't say anything...

Abeonis
03-23-2010, 05:16 AM
Call this nitpicking, but; his name is not Enzio, it's Ezio. Not once is it mention that the First Civilization had developed space flight, or had anything even close to a space programme. For all we know they hadn't even got satellites in orbit.

The sun didn't go supernova, if it had then the planet wouldn't exist and subsequently, the game could not take place. It was a solar flare, to very different things which can't really be mixed up tbh. As for your comment;

For instance you do a mission with Leonardo Da Venci and there is a cut sceen with Enzio is sitting on a bench and Leonardo Da Venci and Enzio says " Hey friend, it's been years sence I saw you last" and the player is like "Wait, I was just with you a few seconds ago".

I can understand how that might be confusing for a blind person, but Ubisoft did put the years up on the screen, it's not there fault if you can't read it so don't complain. And the fact that Borgia is the Pope isn't "sprung on you at the last second".

Murcuseo
03-23-2010, 05:32 AM
lmao seems like an armchair activist to me... looking for something to rail against from the comfort of his own home.

Why complain about the game(..and Ubi) so much then say you enjoyed playing it and you're going to buy the next one, you my friend are a bit mixed up xD

You're takin' all your points to the extreme and makin' them sound a lot worse than they actually are, DRAMA QUEEN!!

In summary, stop bloody moaning and just enjoy the damn game....

pfft

Capt.Cornhole
03-23-2010, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
Call this nitpicking, but; his name is not Enzio, it's Ezio. Not once is it mention that the First Civilization had developed space flight, or had anything even close to a space programme. For all we know they hadn't even got satellites in orbit.

The sun didn't go supernova, if it had then the planet wouldn't exist and subsequently, the game could not take place. It was a solar flare, to very different things which can't really be mixed up tbh. As for your comment;

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capt.Cornhole:
For instance you do a mission with Leonardo Da Venci and there is a cut sceen with Enzio is sitting on a bench and Leonardo Da Venci and Enzio says " Hey friend, it's been years sence I saw you last" and the player is like "Wait, I was just with you a few seconds ago".

I can understand how that might be confusing for a blind person, but Ubisoft did put the years up on the screen, it's not there fault if you can't read it so don't complain. And the fact that Borgia is the Pope isn't "sprung on you at the last second". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So the best you can do is correct my grammar, at anyrate going back it was a solar flare. Belive me or not I said SuperNova cause it sounded more awesome. Yes, I do know what a SuperNova is. So you do got me there.

That said, I don't recall seeing a "years" sort of deal on screen. If you could elaborate, please.

And I disagree with you on the Pope, Ubisoft could have put it into a conversation with the Assassins desrcibing how he assumed power, yet when going back into the Animus your scientist friend just sprung the fact on you. And it really was out of know where, nothing leading up to it at all.

Capt.Cornhole
03-23-2010, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
lmao seems like an armchair activist to me... looking for something to rail against from the comfort of his own home.

Why complain about the game(..and Ubi) so much then say you enjoyed playing it and you're going to buy the next one, you my friend are a bit mixed up xD

You're takin' all your points to the extreme and makin' them sound a lot worse than they actually are, DRAMA QUEEN!!

pfft

Ah yes, the "all your talking points are extreme" clause, trying to paint me as some sort of radical. If I was I would be saying the game paints a bad picture of Christianity and Islam etc. Which I'm not.

I would'nt be so fast to throw out the "arm chair activist" deal, seems kinda hypocritical. Cause I'm sure most fourm peoples have done the same at one point in their life. (I'm not saying your one, though cause I have no idea If you have done the same. And would have nothing to back it up)

BTW this is'nt moaning, Im just pointing out a few things in game, and trying to have a discussion about such. If name calling is all you are capable of, then I suggest you head elsewhere.

caswallawn_2k7
03-23-2010, 09:16 AM
That said, I don't recall seeing a "years" sort of deal on screen. If you could elaborate, please.
at the start of most memory blocks and certain parts of the game it showed a date as cut-scene started off, but the thing that gets me here is above you said you were blind but judging by your later posts I'm going to assume you are just posting that for dramatic effect to try to get your point across, despite you being able to see, as if you were blind it would be impossible to play a game such as this and you would be making comment about not seeing things on the screen.

to me it seems you rushed through the game and totally missed the plot on your run through.

Capt.Cornhole
03-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That said, I don't recall seeing a "years" sort of deal on screen. If you could elaborate, please.
at the start of most memory blocks and certain parts of the game it showed a date as cut-scene started off, but the thing that gets me here is above you said you were blind but judging by your later posts I'm going to assume you are just posting that for dramatic effect to try to get your point across, despite you being able to see, as if you were blind it would be impossible to play a game such as this and you would be making comment about not seeing things on the screen.

to me it seems you rushed through the game and totally missed the plot on your run through. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, thanks. I just missed it thats all. And actually Im not blinds, it was sarcasum used with poster #1.

And to the contrary, I did'nt try to rush.

Chidder
03-23-2010, 12:46 PM

A very refreshing approach of the game developers, in my opinion.

BTW, they also present as fact the notion that killing individuals in cold blood can have a positive effect on your life and environment, which is not the most 'political correct' approach either... ;-)

Iskander_Estel
03-23-2010, 01:05 PM
Just let this guy alone, don't feed the troll

he just came to throw random s**t to those who answer.

Chidder
03-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Aww, come on, Iskander_Estel: some people find it entertaining to poke trolls... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Murcuseo
03-23-2010, 02:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:

pfft

Ah yes, the "all your talking points are extreme" clause, trying to paint me as some sort of radical. If I was I would be saying the game paints a bad picture of Christianity and Islam etc. Which I'm not.

I would'nt be so fast to throw out the "arm chair activist" deal, seems kinda hypocritical. Cause I'm sure most fourm peoples have done the same at one point in their life. (I'm not saying your one, though cause I have no idea If you have done the same. And would have nothing to back it up)

BTW this is'nt moaning, Im just pointing out a few things in game, and trying to have a discussion about such. If name calling is all you are capable of, then I suggest you head elsewhere. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol I'm not painting you out as anything, especially not a radical... that would be giving this thread more credit than it deserves.

I just think you said 100 words in places where you could have said 10 and put your point across just as well. That whole rant seemed a bit self indulgent from start to finish.

It's just the way it read to me, I would have been more interested in what you had to say if you didn't say so much lol

Anyway, if you can't handle a bit of gentle name calling I suggest YOU head elsewhere...

I'm capable of a lot more but name calling is always fun if it's done in the right manor :P

With a name like Capt. Cornhole surely that justifies it, no?

Black_Widow9
03-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Please use the Find button to find Topics that are relevant to your Discussions.
Thanks

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>