PDA

View Full Version : Unable to take off

elusadoro
07-25-2007, 10:21 AM
I bought Pacific Fighters and it looks really fun but I can't even take off and am clueless on how to do so. I start the engine and slowly rev it to 100% and make sure my wings are set and what not but I can't throttle the plane to make it go forward and take off. If I hit autopilot after I've given up, it starts moving immediately and watching the control during autopilot hasn't hleped.

elusadoro
07-25-2007, 10:21 AM
I bought Pacific Fighters and it looks really fun but I can't even take off and am clueless on how to do so. I start the engine and slowly rev it to 100% and make sure my wings are set and what not but I can't throttle the plane to make it go forward and take off. If I hit autopilot after I've given up, it starts moving immediately and watching the control during autopilot hasn't hleped.

Crash_Moses
07-25-2007, 10:26 AM
You need to bind a key to chocks in the controls menu. I use Ctrl-C.

Also, check out Bear-cat's Nugget's Guide. It'll answer a number of first time user questions.

A Nugget's Guide to Getting Off the Ground (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/9121094645)

And welcome to the forums! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Zeus-cat
07-25-2007, 02:37 PM
You are only the 300,000th person to have this problem.

tagTaken2
07-26-2007, 01:40 AM
And the 300,000th person who failed to RTFM.

It's no wonder that publishers won't include a decent manual anymore.

There's no good bathroom reading with a game nowadays.

Fireball_
07-26-2007, 09:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tagTaken2:

There's no good bathroom reading with a game nowadays. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which page of the manual (manual.pdf) is this explained on?

Crash_Moses
07-26-2007, 10:26 AM
That's right. It's not IN the manual. Nor is it in the 4.08m readme.

It is briefly mentioned in the aircraft guide that comes with 1946 on page 278 and described on page 11 of the Pacific Fighters readme. It's listed on the key card as 'user defined' which means, of course, that the key is unassigned. But the keycard doesn't explain its purpose.

So, elusadoro, no worries.

It's an honest question that deserves an honest answer. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Xiolablu3
07-28-2007, 07:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fireball_:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tagTaken2:

There's no good bathroom reading with a game nowadays. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which page of the manual (manual.pdf) is this explained on? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FOrget the unhelpful comments.

YOu probably forgot to remove chocks.

CHeck which key it is in the setting (press escape in game and choose controls) and remove your chocks.

Also make sure you dont have too heavy bombs attached. Its impossible to take off in a COrsair with bombs AND rockets on a small carrier for example.

Also be sure to use take of or even LANDING flaps if you are having trouble taking off. Be sure to remove flaps once you are airbourne and up to speed tho (around 250kph)