PDA

View Full Version : How to kick cheaters

martian3
04-16-2005, 11:13 AM
I intend to host a couple of games but need advice as to how i remove persistent cheaters from a game.
Thanks

BuzzU
04-16-2005, 11:17 AM
How would they be cheating?

SeaNorris
04-16-2005, 11:18 AM
I think he means if they were

BuzzU
04-16-2005, 11:24 AM
I know what he meant. Do you know what I meant?

SeaNorris
04-16-2005, 11:41 AM
Thats true yes

CAPT_COTTON
04-16-2005, 01:05 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif
To begin with the word CHEATERS should have not been put in game. A cheater is one who cheats at cards and on tests in school and steals old womens purses and maybe his moms money and modifes the games to get a high score on these games .
Gets some of us older guys hot under collor to be called a cheat.Never had to and dont need to now 62 years old. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

What is happing 99% of the time is LAG and if you go into the main folder in your game called il8 you will see a file called net messages and then you open into note pad and you will find three lines saying cheating has been detected the first set of lines leave alone but on the ones to the right you change them to read

[0]lag has been detected or [0]a dirty puter been found or [0]is warping and needs to defrag that pc

YOU WILL NOTE ALL START WITH [0] THIS PUTS HIS OR YOUR NAME IN THE CHAT BOX THEN YOU KNOW WHO IS THE BAD GUY WHO IS RUNNING EVERY PROGRAM IN THE NET WITH ONLY 666 MEMERY.

Now go to your confi file and open in note pad and under [maxlag] you will find the line cheaterwarningnum=-1 This -1 means no auto kick or off change to 3 and he will get three warnings and then auto kick will send him home or set to 1 or 2 warnings.

Hit shift tab keys at same time while in room and hosting and type >his name >thenreason kicked < and he will be kicked out [not sure of this one thou ]

Hope i was of some help http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

I will always thunk it should hve worked!

martian3
04-16-2005, 05:28 PM
BUZZU..What i mean by cheaters are guys who manage to get their planes to fly backwards or through the ground then end up on your tail..Bamm your down!Planes that float all over the map are also a little strange don't you think. Oh and thanks for the help all.

Acidcrash--
04-16-2005, 05:55 PM
that sounds more like your average warping due to lag, I wouldnt class that as cheating, just shame that for one reason or another data is taking longer than required between that client and the server. short of having the clients connect at something like 14.4k and the server at ISDN (i believe those are what hyperlobby sets by default?) will help reduce it abit

civildog
04-16-2005, 06:36 PM
Cheaters should generally be kicked in the seat of the pants. By this I mean to say in the buttocks while firmly grasping the kickee by the scruff of the neck or back of the shirt collar. Repeated kicks are then administered as rapidly as possible until the kickee begs for mercy, cries piteously, or (preferably) both.

The kickee should be kicked as hard as possible and as often as possible. Good velocity can be reached so as to create maximum kicking potential by wearing a pair of heavy boots. A well tested type of boot that is suitable for this purpose is the basic steel toed logging boot.

It provides the kicker with excellent ankle support for both the impacting foot and the support foot, thus prventing embarrassing injury to the kicker when kicking the kickee.

I hope this helps clear up some common errors in this wonderfully therapeutic form of excercise.

LStarosta
04-16-2005, 06:49 PM
CivilDog, you ever hear of a band called The Ventures?

Fennec_P
04-16-2005, 07:33 PM
Gah, answer the martian's question already. In the console, type...

>USER username KICK

Where 'username' is the name of the player you want to kick.

You can also kick by player number. (ie >USER 2 KICK, kicks the player, second from the top on the player list)

If that doesn't work, consult the manual on the CD.

civildog
04-17-2005, 01:46 PM
LStarosta -

Hadn't heard of the Ventures until your query. I just finished downloading about a dozen of thier songs now and they sound pretty good. Good surf sound but I see they are more popular in Japan than here. Interesting.

You ever hear of the Space Cossacks?

Atomic_Marten
04-17-2005, 03:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by martian3:
BUZZU..What i mean by cheaters are guys who manage to get their planes to fly backwards or through the ground then end up on your tail..Bamm your down!Planes that float all over the map are also a little strange don't you think. Oh and thanks for the help all. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats not cheating it is packet loss (ppl with slow conections). If you want you can kick everyone if ping goes over 300.

BTW AFAIK packet loss is impossible to controll on purpose.