PDA

View Full Version : How to use custom campaigns?

Frankthetank36
12-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Finally figured out why I couldn't download a campaign (apparently CamUnzip doesn't work so I switched to WinZip) but I don't know how to move the campaign files into IL-2 1946. If anyone knows how to do this please let me know.

Zeus-cat
12-02-2009, 08:31 PM
The campaign maker should tell you where you need to stick it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Seriously, there should be one folder tha holds all of the .mis and .properties files and a few other files. You want to take that folder and paste it (and everything in it) into one of the country folders under the Missions/Campaign/XX where XX is the country you need. You can really stick it in any one, but you should try to use the right one as it will be easier to find when you start the game and the ranks and medals will be correct too.

Chris_Blair wrote this installation procedure over at M4T and I can't improve on it.

http://www.mission4today.com/i...ile=viewtopic&t=8024 (http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=8024)

Frankthetank36
12-03-2009, 08:49 AM
Lol Zeus, I was trying to download Straight and True but then like 10 minutes after I posted this I noticed that you had the directions in your Rufe campaign. I've only had time for the first two missions but it sure beats the stock dynamic campaigns that I've been playing (and it's nice not having to wait 10 minutes at 8x time compression to get to the target). One question: when torpedo bombing do you usually drop the warhead somewhat close to the target and then fly over it, or do you drop relatively far away and then turn around?

Zeus-cat
12-03-2009, 09:04 PM
In my experience, the closer you get the better your chance of getting a hit when using torpedoes. When I do miss I tend to miss behind the ship because I misjudge the targetís speed and heading. I almost always think I am closer than I am when I drop and that the target is moving slower than it is.

When dropping torpedoes, you need to factor in the following things:

1) If the target is unarmed you can get pretty close. However, you canít fly right up to it and drop your torpedo like a bomb as the torpedo will actually go UNDER the target if you drop it too close. Dropping from a few hundred meters out works on a freighter. I found that a gentle climbing turn over the bow or stern works best with a low-level torpedo or skip-bombing attack.

2) If the target is armed and shooting at you it is better to drop from farther away and peel off to avoid the AAA. Get as close as you think you need to for a reasonable chance at getting a hit. A climbing turn followed by a quick drop to the deck at full throttle away from the target works best.

3) There is no penalty for dropping torpedoes from too high of an altitude or at too high of a speed. In real life your torpedo would be damaged if you did this, but not in the game. If you are damaged or desperate, take a wild shot if thatís the best you can do. You torpedo will run until it hits something as I donít think they ever run out of fuel.