PDA

View Full Version : False targets?

Coinshooter
03-25-2005, 07:59 AM
I'm on a career mission and cruising along to my patrol area and on the nav map I keep getting false targets. They're red and they are the little squares with the tails as they should be. Problem is I can never find them. I get right on top of them and check with hydrophones and binoculars etc. and there is absolutly nothing there. I'm waisting a lot of fuel checking out all these false signals. Anyone else having this happen or have any idea why.
Chuck

sp3irs
03-25-2005, 08:03 AM
That is because by the time u reach them they have moved. They are ships moving, they would not just stop and wait for u in the middle of the ocean!!
U have to plot an intercept course by looking at thir speed and direction which should be displyed if u click on them.
Then u can use the tools to estimate say where the ship will be in 10 or 24 hours and then plot a course to a position along the ships projected path

Hreich
03-25-2005, 08:06 AM
Maybe its reports from air recon, but by the time command sends it to u-boats on atlantic, targets are far gone...

Nukem_Hicks
03-25-2005, 09:00 AM
They're not false. It's quite easy to find those ships if you use the navigation plot tools given to you. Estimate the speed, pick a point it will reach in, say, 3 hours, and then make sure that you're at that spot in 3 hours. Works every time for me.

bweiss
03-25-2005, 09:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>"You mean besides pacifism, dude?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's wrong with the pacific? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif