PDA

View Full Version : Codex Page XI

wabashop2011
04-12-2011, 12:10 AM
Attis. Dionysus. Horus. Krishna. Mithra. Jesus. Similar stories color their lives. Too similar, I think. Divine birthright. Persecution. Disciples. Miraculous acts. Resurrection...
How is it possible?
Perhaps it isn't... Merely a single story told over the ages? Borrowed then changed to fit the times? Evolving as our tools and language do? Is this tale born of fact or fiction? A bit of both? Could these figures be the same person their life extended and transformed by a Piece of Eden?
Al Mualim spoke of Jesus as a real person a mortal who had mastered the arts of manipulation. But what if he was wrong? If these men are real and if they have walked amongst us many times before does it mean they'll come again? Perhaps they are here now? So many questions, and every day, even more...

Whats very interesting about this codex I believe is this line "Could these figures be the same person their life extended and transformed by a Piece of Eden? "
Do you guys think this applies to Ezio, S16, and Desmond as well? Maybe Altair did something with the POE in which he would live on through Ezio, Desmond etc.
It also ties to the last codex page where he contemplates looking at the apple again, him living on through Ezio and Desmond would make more sense then Altair still being alive.
Maybe it ties with Cesare Borgia as well?

PSN: wabashop

phil.llllll
04-12-2011, 10:03 AM
I'm not sure how it would tie in with Cesare - I think they had leo studying it for them so I'm guessing they didn't get much out of it and also I doubt they had that on their mind when planning what to do with the piece of eden.

Anyway it certainly applied to Minerva and the others of that ancient race. Like she said "when I died it was Minerva after that Merva and etc, etc..." so we know they had the means to extend their lives. Anyway with Altair's little hint and the appearance of his clones centuries apart, I wouldn't put the possibility out of question http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ThaWhistle
04-12-2011, 10:07 AM
well, minerva stating her previous names doesnt mean she has been reencarnated or something along those lines. just that she has lived for a very long time.

Menvra and mera or whatever she said were the etruscan names for the same deity. So she was alive for a very long time.

phil.llllll
04-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
well, minerva stating her previous names doesnt mean she has been reencarnated or something along those lines. just that she has lived for a very long time.

Menvra and mera or whatever she said were the etruscan names for the same deity. So she was alive for a very long time.

But how could she have lived after she died? Reincarnation in some form.

ThaWhistle
04-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by phil.llllll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThaWhistle:

But how could she have lived after she died? Reincarnation in some form. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

she probably didnt. those who came before probably just had really long life spans, and when ezio saw her in the vault, it was a hologram of her. she was long dead, but she knew beforehand what she would see and what she needed to say.

I'm not gunna speculate on details because its a waste of time, the next game would probably blow any halfass theory out of the water.

phil.llllll
04-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phil.llllll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThaWhistle:

But how could she have lived after she died? Reincarnation in some form. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

she probably didnt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

She specifically said she did though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif