PDA

View Full Version : How do use the X-4 rocket?

Jaggy.
03-14-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm playing a Lerche campaign and noticed my AI squadmates take out enemy bombers with them pretty easily. While mine never even come close. How do I get them to track? Am I missing some kind of targeting system?

VW-IceFire
03-14-2008, 03:00 PM
Yep, the X-4 is a wire guided rocket. The keys to guide it are based on the left/right/up/down angle adjust for the bomb sight on level bombers. Configure those and use those to guide the rocket.

berg417448
03-14-2008, 03:00 PM
From the Aircraft Guide which should be in your game folder:

The X-4 air-to-air rocket is wire guided. All rocket-carrying aircraft have a single rocket control module, and as such can guide only one rocket at a time. When launching multiple rockets simultaneously, only the last rocket fired can be guided.
" To guide the rocket, use the "Increase Sight Attitude", "Decrease Sight Attitude", "Adjust Sight Control to Right" and "Adjust Sight Control to Left" keys. We recommend assigning them to the Up, Down, Right, and Left arrow keys correspondingly.
" The easiest way to guide the rocket to target is to fire from the target's six-o-clock level while flying on the same course. Guide the rocket to keep the lights on top of the target with no visible lateral movement until the moment of impact. Use gentle taps to provide last-minute guidance. The rockets detonate remotely, so no direct impact is required.
" This method should be used to attack non-maneuvering heavy bombers from 3,000 to 3,500 meters away.
" NOTE: The guiding wire is not visually modeled.

Jaggy.
03-14-2008, 03:03 PM
Wow, now that was a quick response, thanks alot guys.

I wasn't even aware of the aircraft guide either, a pleasant surprise. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif