PDA

View Full Version : Mutiplayer Connecting

BadBudd
04-24-2005, 01:40 PM
My two sim buds have just recently installed PF with 3.03 and 3.04 patches as I have and we are not able to connect in the sim. We are able to connect with Teamspeak and FS9 sim. The two friends can connect together in PF, but not with me in PF. We have played with shutting down Windows firewalls and internet firewalls with no joy. The problem obviously is on my end. I have had PF installed since coming on the market and have installed all the patches as they appeared. Would re-installing 3.03 and 3.04 help or does anyone have other suggestions......I have run out of things to try except to start from scratch with a complete re-install of PF and patches. Thanks for any help, BadBud

BadBudd
04-24-2005, 01:58 PM
Also.........would my simmer friends have had to install 3.01 and 3.02 before 3.03 and 3.04 to their stand-alone PF as I probably had done. Mine is a stand-alone install as well.
Thanks, BadBud

Troll2k
04-24-2005, 04:52 PM
All of you need to be patched to 3.04.There are 2 ways to get there.

1.box + 3.03(100 meg version)+ 3.04
2.box + 3.01 +3.03(small version) + 3.04

Having different versions will not cause a time out error.But it will generate a wrong server version number error.

If the person hosting is behind a router then he must forward port 21000 to the internal ip of the server machine.Only the host needs to forward the port.

If the host is not behind a router then the problem is most likey a firewall issue.Either the built in one XP has or a 3rd party one.In some rare cases a call to the ISP tech support might be needed as some ISPs have a firewall at their end.

BadBudd
04-24-2005, 11:30 PM
I should add that the Reason: listed for not being able to connect is "Timeout". Can someone explain what Timeout reason might mean?
BadBud

XyZspineZyX
04-25-2005, 02:52 AM
Hello,

The time out error occurs most of the time when the speed of communication is too slow or the pc cannnot find the host server.
Could you give mor detail as how you are trying to connect with your friends? Is it a lan connection or is it an internet connection and do you have a correct IP adress? If it is a internet connection what is the speed of your connection? But with Windows XP most of the time it is a firewall problem. It could also be that one uses Windows xp and the other something else!
If your connection is by lan try to see the other computers in the network, if you can see them then it is a firewall or version of game problem. Do not forget that PF3.04 is not the same as FB+AEP+PF3.04m.
Have a nice day...
Sensei.

BadBudd
04-27-2005, 11:20 AM
We are all using a stand-along version of PF. We are trying to connect via internet and all are using DSL or higher speed connect. We each have tried as Host and has not made a difference. The Ip addresses seem to be correct. We are all using XP. We are all using PF3.04. And we have all disconnected all our firewalls. Thanks for the response Sensei, BadBud