PDA

View Full Version : OT: More biscuit related statistics. British dunking habits revealed.



Low_Flyer_MkVb
12-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Source:
http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/news/

McVitie?s have polled over 2,000 people to determine what it is about Dunking we love. The Ginger Nut is Britain?s favourite dunking biscuit (25%) with the Digestive and Rich Tea following closely behind (22% and 19%). Figures show that 82% of British tea slurpers and coffee addicts are regular dunkers. This backing for ?The Dunk? is announced today to mark the launch of the McVitie?s National Dunk Debate ? a nationwide celebration of McVitie?s biscuit-eating habits to find out if we really are a nation of biscuit dunkers or just crunchers.
McVities have planned a series of regional sampling days across the UK in September and October. To find out more, simply visit mcvitiesdunkdebate.co.uk.

Who are these dunkers?



If you?re a 35 year old housewife from the West Country, you?re more likely to dunk than anyone else in Britain

If you?re a 55 year old male accountant from Scotland, you dunk more Ginger Nuts than any other profession and over any other biscuit

Engineers dunk more than any other profession (88%). You?re also probably a dunker if you are an office worker or lawyer (87%)

Most students admit to having a dunk every day (10.4%)

IT workers dunk when no-one?s looking (23%) ? more than any other profession

Women are secret dunkers. Whilst 70% of men admit to a private dunk, it?s nearly three-quarters of women (74%) who do it solo


When do they do it?



The British feel most comfortable dunking when they?re at home with their families (75%)

But dunking can be a solitary pastime with 73% of Brits also confessing to a ?dunking session? when they?re home alone


And where do they do it?



Over 10% of Brits dunk at work when they think their colleagues aren?t looking (12%)

It?s reassuring to know that we Brits still have our airs and graces. A mere 6% of us would ever dare to dunk in a posh restaurant


Regional habits



If you?re from Cornwall or Devon, a true Yorkshire man or you?re a Geordie, you are more likely to dunk than any other person in Britain (88%, 84% and 91%) respectively

Scots are the least likely to dunk their biscuits in their brew (69%)

Brummies are the most sociable dunkers (79%) ? but the Cornish need to get out more, as over three-quarters (81%) admit to private dunking

Scots voted Ginger Nuts their favourite dunking biscuit (33%), the Northern Irish voted for the Digestive, and those from East Anglia voted Rich Tea in (23%)

HobNobs received more votes from Northern Ireland than any other part of Britain (31%)

Britain?s real chocoholics live in the south-west. Over a quarter (26%) voted to dunk Chocolate Digestives or Chocolate HobNobs

Londoners favour tea as a dunking drink (83%) whereas our Geordie counterparts choose coffee (53%)

Scots are more likely to save their dunking for the evening (60%)<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n47/LFMkVb/1822.jpg

major_setback
12-10-2006, 03:58 PM
Mainly get cheaper copies of the real thing here in Sweden:

http://www.andersonbutik.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/1153.jpg

http://www.northerner.com/prod_img/singoalla.jpg

....and people mainly drink coffee. Do people dunk in coffee? If so what? Here it's very common to dunk a sugar lump and suck the sweetened coffee out of it.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/major-setback/Signaurepic004BESTframe014small.jpg
<span class="ev_code_PINK">My Aim is True.</span>

Bo_Nidle
12-10-2006, 04:00 PM
"Hobnobs! The SAS of dunking biscuits! They'll drink the lot, "DUNK ME AGAIN! AGAIN! AGAIN! I'M GOING NOWHERE PAL! YOU DUNK ME AGAIN!" wheres me brew gone?" Peter Kay-British comedy at its best!<div class="ev_tpc_signature">



Bo_Nidle

"You've got to treat your kite like you treat your woman.Get inside her five times a day and take her to Heaven and back"
Lord Flasheart RFC 1917

"All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

"Somebody stop that awful,awful man!!" Chief Wigham

Low_Flyer_MkVb
12-10-2006, 04:08 PM
Indeed Bo, good shout! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR6qFq9GTco<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n47/LFMkVb/1822.jpg

ZappaTime
12-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Most Scotsmen always have a couple of Ginger Nuts to hand, but don't dunk them in hot tea if they know what's best for them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Scragbat
12-10-2006, 04:19 PM
Saw Peter Kay at the Hippodrome in Birmingham. Top comedy for all us Brit 30 somethings. Class act http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c224/Scragbat/scragsigfin.png

Monty_Thrud
12-10-2006, 05:51 PM
Normally i don't dunk...unless it's a digestive, milk or plain...i'm not fussy<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://premium1.uploadit.org/bsamania//beatup.jpg
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif..http://premium1.uploadit.org/bsamania//2006-02-23_012924_pilot11.gif ..http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif Soviet Fighter Tactics (http://luthier.stormloader.com/home.html) Merlin (http://www.spitfire.dk/Chapter5.htm) The Doors (http://www.thedoors.com/index.cfm?fa=home1)
DA! (http://lend-lease.airforce.ru/english/index.htm)
WWII Links (http://lend-lease.airforce.ru/english/index.htm)

BillyTheKid_22
12-10-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Low_Flyer_MkVb:
Source:
http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/news/

McVitie?s have polled over 2,000 people to determine what it is about Dunking we love. The Ginger Nut is Britain?s favourite dunking biscuit (25%) with the Digestive and Rich Tea following closely behind (22% and 19%). Figures show that 82% of British tea slurpers and coffee addicts are regular dunkers. This backing for ?The Dunk? is announced today to mark the launch of the McVitie?s National Dunk Debate ? a nationwide celebration of McVitie?s biscuit-eating habits to find out if we really are a nation of biscuit dunkers or just crunchers.
McVities have planned a series of regional sampling days across the UK in September and October. To find out more, simply visit mcvitiesdunkdebate.co.uk.

Who are these dunkers?



If you?re a 35 year old housewife from the West Country, you?re more likely to dunk than anyone else in Britain

If you?re a 55 year old male accountant from Scotland, you dunk more Ginger Nuts than any other profession and over any other biscuit

Engineers dunk more than any other profession (88%). You?re also probably a dunker if you are an office worker or lawyer (87%)

Most students admit to having a dunk every day (10.4%)

IT workers dunk when no-one?s looking (23%) ? more than any other profession

Women are secret dunkers. Whilst 70% of men admit to a private dunk, it?s nearly three-quarters of women (74%) who do it solo


When do they do it?



The British feel most comfortable dunking when they?re at home with their families (75%)

But dunking can be a solitary pastime with 73% of Brits also confessing to a ?dunking session? when they?re home alone


And where do they do it?



Over 10% of Brits dunk at work when they think their colleagues aren?t looking (12%)

It?s reassuring to know that we Brits still have our airs and graces. A mere 6% of us would ever dare to dunk in a posh restaurant


Regional habits



If you?re from Cornwall or Devon, a true Yorkshire man or you?re a Geordie, you are more likely to dunk than any other person in Britain (88%, 84% and 91%) respectively

Scots are the least likely to dunk their biscuits in their brew (69%)

Brummies are the most sociable dunkers (79%) ? but the Cornish need to get out more, as over three-quarters (81%) admit to private dunking

Scots voted Ginger Nuts their favourite dunking biscuit (33%), the Northern Irish voted for the Digestive, and those from East Anglia voted Rich Tea in (23%)

HobNobs received more votes from Northern Ireland than any other part of Britain (31%)

Britain?s real chocoholics live in the south-west. Over a quarter (26%) voted to dunk Chocolate Digestives or Chocolate HobNobs

Londoners favour tea as a dunking drink (83%) whereas our Geordie counterparts choose coffee (53%)

Scots are more likely to save their dunking for the evening (60%)

LoL!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://members.cox.net/bkid/pacificfighters/p39.jpg

.................................................. ..............

"All I got was a bellyful of English Channel."

Waldo.Pepper
12-10-2006, 07:06 PM
Dad's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies. Yum!<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/WaldoPepper/sig/p61rev.jpg

Alloy007P
12-10-2006, 07:20 PM
WHAT THE HELL IS A GINGER http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gifNUT!!!! AHHAHA

Esel1964
12-10-2006, 08:55 PM
No,no,no... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

These...
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/DMFesel/bbiscuit3.jpg
...are biscuits. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Just joking,I know your 'biscuits' existed long before ours,so your claim to the name is more legit. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/DMFesel/200px-Bomber.jpg

Lyrics from Naked Raygun's "Rat Patrol".
"What we need to take control,we could use the Rat Patrol.What's that coming over the dune?...
Chasing the halftracks across the sandflats,got a nice pine box,for that desert fox,machine guns blaring,and Arabs staring wondering why,the Westerners are there.It's the same old story,and it'll happen again."

BillyTheKid_22
12-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Esel1964:
No,no,no... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

These...
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/DMFesel/bbiscuit3.jpg
...are biscuits. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Just joking,I know your 'biscuits' existed long before ours,so your claim to the name is more legit. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://members.cox.net/bkid/pacificfighters/p39.jpg

.................................................. ..............

"All I got was a bellyful of English Channel."

foxyboy1964
12-10-2006, 11:09 PM
Interesting stuff there Low Flyer, thanks for posting http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif. I love a good dunk. Its nice to see that in this ever changing world some things remain constant.

Mysticpuma2003
12-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Well, I have to say, when I turn up on a job, you can tell what the punters think of you by the biscuit on offer.

If it's a Rich Tea (or as Peter Kay calls them "the one dip! You have to put two or three together just to make sure you get it back out of the cup in one piece!), then basically your are being treated with disdain, and as a rule of thumb we don't take much time and effort on that job.

Slightly better, but only just is the Custard Cream, again, hardly any thought has gone into providing this biscuit!

The Bourbon is only slightly higher on the list, but shows an in-depth knowledge of the workers and appreciation of a Press Photographer, and so a bit more effort goes into that job!

Now moving into the upper leagues we have the Chocolate Hob Knob! A slightly more expensive biscuit, but definitely in the upper echelons of Press Photographers appreciation. If this appears next to the PG Tips, then that person is going to get a quality job done, with planty of effort!

The best biscuit I ever got on a job was at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre in Stratford, Gentlemen they brought out "Boasters"! For those that don't know this is like big cookie, but with chunks of chocolate in it that could ssink the Titanic.

However, whoever chose the bloody Ginger Nut needs their sodding taste buds seeing to!

BTW, it's got to be drunk with a good cup of PG because I certainly don't get an OOOOO with Typhoo!

Lol!

Cheers, MP.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://www.aqqm31.dsl.pipex.com/Mysticpuma.jpg

RedDeth
12-11-2006, 12:16 AM
no wonder british chicks are fat as cows. they all eat biscuits every day.

thanks for the info but if a bunch of american guys started dipping scones and biscuits in tea we would call em homos.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/120_1088291823_taylor-greycap.jpg

Feathered_IV
12-11-2006, 12:39 AM
Oh? Then what would you call them if they were shagging other blokes then? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

***********************************************

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/Feathered-sigpic.jpg

"Intelligent, normally observant and answered all questions freely. He was arrogant and proud to be a pilot. Fellow prisoners in hospital consider him mentally unstable."

SidCheshire
12-11-2006, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Feathered_IV:
Oh? Then what would you call them if they were shagging other blokes then? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

The words in the "Club" biscuit advert are very appropriate for that.....<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

"Well, whadya know...no more buwwets!"

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e134/SidCheshire/a_aniahco.gif

dravisar
12-11-2006, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Feathered_IV:
Oh? Then what would you call them if they were shagging other blokes then? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Heh you rock. By the way, who was that quote in your sig about?

And I was all excited about the title of this thread...until I realized an R was missing from the "dunking" and I went...oh...damnit!

"drunking" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

---------------------------------
I love this game.
BF109G6/AS pilot since 2004, and a Finn campaign that changed it all...

Esel1964
12-11-2006, 02:00 AM
Any Americans in VA,or NC care to weigh-in on Biscuitville (http://www.biscuitville.com/)? Is it as good as it looked on TV,or due to franchising,are some good while others bl*w?

What I saw on TV looked pretty darned good for 'fast food'.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i314/DMFesel/200px-Bomber.jpg

Lyrics from Naked Raygun's "Rat Patrol".
"What we need to take control,we could use the Rat Patrol.What's that coming over the dune?...
Chasing the halftracks across the sandflats,got a nice pine box,for that desert fox,machine guns blaring,and Arabs staring wondering why,the Westerners are there.It's the same old story,and it'll happen again."

jasonbirder
12-11-2006, 02:16 AM
Just going with the classic McVities Digestive and Tetleys tea option whilst reading through the forum...Whilst the Plain Chocolate Digestive is a nicer biscuit over all, I feel the standard Digestive is more satisfying for dunking...It can soak up a nice amount of warm Tea with getting overly soggy, whilst you have to be pretty creless to suffer from the dreaded "Biscuit collapses into drink" scenario with such a tough buscuit...

The only question is...If later on I have a Jaffa Cake...am I enjoying a Cake or a Biscuit?