PDA

View Full Version : protagnist for Assassins Creed 3 poll

edzilla_551
06-15-2011, 11:16 PM
hey guys, since we all know AC revelations is going to conclude both ezio and altairs story line, i am putting up a question asking if you want to play as a new ancestor in a new setting or if you want to play as desmond in the present. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif so what do you guys want for ac3

edzilla_551
06-15-2011, 11:16 PM
hey guys, since we all know AC revelations is going to conclude both ezio and altairs story line, i am putting up a question asking if you want to play as a new ancestor in a new setting or if you want to play as desmond in the present. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif so what do you guys want for ac3

scope2005
06-16-2011, 03:23 AM
I definately call for a new ancestor...

While I enjoy desmonds storyline, and do want to see it developed to the point where we do SOME missions as desmond - I feel that a game based solely in a modern setting would be extremely DULL.

Imagine if the original AC, was set in a modern metropolis instead of the holy land, and the first we saw of the assassins were just young hoodie's with blades stabbing people - IT WOULD JUST BE LIKE A TRIP TO MODERN LONDON!

lol seriously, Urban Jungles of concrete and glass are dull compared to the beauty of the exotic locations we have visited through desmonds ancestors.

The main purpose for desmond was that he was a plot device, and while his story has evolved way beyond that - I just feel the animus and ancestral memories allow for versatility - the ability to go to many different era's of established history, explore the architecture, see how it might have been to live in that time - makes this game what it is.

Saying that though, I am not keen about rumors of the french revolution as a setting for AC3 - can you imagine them trying to tie the assassin into that era? Powdered wigs, Syphilus, and Moles painted on peoples faces doesn't sound appealing to me... where would the hooded figure of an assassin fit into 18th century france?

Mutley_Rulz
06-16-2011, 05:25 AM
I'd much prefer the French Revolution than the American one, as some fools suggest. Either France or London will suit me, though France seems more likely due to the closer proximity to Italy.

In any case, if they bring out a new ancestor we'll have another 5-10years to go until we see the series finished, seeing as they'll likely bring out a trilogy for them aswell.

Saying that, I would prefer a historic ancestor than Ubisoft trying to convince us that Abstergo is going to try and kill a dangerous Assassin with slow pistols and batons.

Inorganic9_2
06-16-2011, 05:41 AM
New ancestor definately. The whole point of Assassin's Creed is to visit unexplored historical locations.

Also, not EVERYONE in Revolutionary France wore powdered wigs etc. That's aristocratic France! I think the Assassins would be hidden in with the common folk level, rather than the aristocratic level.

cless711
06-16-2011, 06:23 AM
I would like a new ancestor but since AC3 will be the ending of Desmond's story, i would like to see more Desmond, maybe a bit more than AC:B but enough to wrap up everything.

sassinscreed
06-16-2011, 06:59 AM
if there will be new ancestor i think it should be after they finish desmond story because if they put him in animus for new ancestor again it will be kinda stupid too much for one character and just excuse to make new game

scope2005
06-16-2011, 10:01 AM
Some valid points made by all, maybe the french revolution wouldn't be too bad. Definately better than the american revolution... That would be total pants. North America was mostly undeveloped countryside back then, small towns dotted about - no huge cities to speak of so where would it be set.. Time will tell anyway..

But theres a chance to follow any of Ezio's offspring as well as revisiting Altair's sons and possibly even Domenico Auditore - I wouldn't even mind. Although I Think most people want to see a setting away from the crusades and renaissance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cless711:
I would like a new ancestor but since AC3 will be the ending of Desmond's story, i would like to see more Desmond, maybe a bit more than AC:B but enough to wrap up everything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as I have understood from a video interview with alex amancio - it isn't the end of desmonds story. Just the wrap up of Altair and Ezio's stories - as well as giving answers to desmonds storyline and setting things up for AC3.

xx-pyro
06-16-2011, 10:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scope2005:
Some valid points made by all, maybe the french revolution wouldn't be too bad. Definately better than the american revolution... That would be total pants. North America was mostly undeveloped countryside back then, small towns dotted about - no huge cities to speak of so where would it be set.. Time will tell anyway..

But theres a chance to follow any of Ezio's offspring as well as revisiting Altair's sons and possibly even Domenico Auditore - I wouldn't even mind. Although I Think most people want to see a setting away from the crusades and renaissance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cless711:
I would like a new ancestor but since AC3 will be the ending of Desmond's story, i would like to see more Desmond, maybe a bit more than AC:B but enough to wrap up everything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as I have understood from a video interview with alex amancio - it isn't the end of desmonds story. Just the wrap up of Altair and Ezio's stories - as well as giving answers to desmonds storyline and setting things up for AC3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He said AC3 not ACR, lol.

ShaneO7K
06-16-2011, 10:16 AM
It would probably make more sense if there were more Desmond centered missions, He wouldn't have time to be stuck in the Animus that much if he is supposed to be going to the temples while also fighting the templars.

There would still be an ancestor but I feel it would only make sense to do more Desmond missions. They just need to find out how make modern combat fit with the game.

sassinscreed
06-16-2011, 10:18 AM
i think it would be good if present gameplay gets improved but don't know how would assassins creed gameplay look in modern time

but it would be cool to assassinate modern templars with desmond

BK-110
06-16-2011, 10:27 AM
I think Amancio or another dev confirmed that the next numbered installment will feature a new ancestor.

Personally I want the next game to be about 50% with an ancestor, 50% with Desmond. I mean, Desmond's story in AC2 was that he was being trained to become a real Assassin. It would be a waste if he weren't actually going to use the skills he acquired. After all, he is pretty much the "chosen one".

UBOSOFT-Gamer
06-16-2011, 10:36 AM
a new setting and a new protagonist, for sure.

would like to see the Thirty-Years-War.

kriegerdesgottes
06-16-2011, 10:43 AM
Yeah Alex Amancio did already say the next game will feature a new character which it definitely should. Desmond serves as nothing more than a plot device for the series. When Patrice was thinking up the franchise he said he thought how can we go to different places and times without using a time machine? and they came up with the animus which serves as a genius plot device to go wherever they want. A game with just desmond would be incredibly dull and boring.

Dannomight
06-16-2011, 11:35 AM
I would love to see a new historical setting personally. I like Ezio but part of the appeal of the series is the possibility for the different time periods and settings. Is Ezio so great we need to make three games about him?

Any setting needs a fantastic city, so most of North American history wouldn't qualify. However I think a setting like London, just around the start of the industrial revolution could be great.

DeSabellis
06-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Well... the whole allure of the series is the dual-storyline aspect. Take that away and you just have an adventure.

While a new ancestor is probably a given- I would hope that the focus would shift to Desmond. Revelations will probably answer some questions, but the modern storyline is really underrated, and deserves a lot of the spotlight for once.

liampky
06-16-2011, 01:22 PM
I think new Protagnist and Setting for sure, maybe Victorian London it would give the game a darker feel i think it needs and London has SOOOOOOO much History it is the perfect setting in my eyes, also i recently heard that desmond will not get a full game to himself. Can someone tell me if this franchise will end in 2012 becouse that is were desmond is in the game and /i think it is all adding up to the end of the world in 2012.

Conniving_Eagle
06-16-2011, 01:40 PM
Everyone is saying Longon or France. You can't just pick a city. Remember, Desmond is a tan/dark-skinned. Most people who live in Britain or France are fairly white-skinned. Maybe we could travel to one of those cities later in the AC3 series, but the first one is about becoming an assassin. You don't really travel to any other countries. However, they can make it in France if the Assassin is born in Corsica. I think that they will most likely be in Spain. And it shouldn't be before the Industrial revolution. Maybe during the Enlightenment, but I don't want guards with rifles.

rileypoole1234
06-16-2011, 01:58 PM
I really hope it's in London. I just love it here :P

Narco01992
06-16-2011, 02:10 PM
I want to play as Desmond.
But,that mean that its last game of AC,story end.
So,i want to play with another ancestor.

rain89c
06-16-2011, 02:50 PM
Definitely new ancestor in a new setting. My vote is for Japan or China 1700 - 1800s.
Although, I would still enjoy playing modern day Desmond eventually to finish up his story.

BK-110
06-16-2011, 02:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rain89c:
Definitely new ancestor in a new setting. My vote is for Japan or China 1700 - 1800s.
Although, I would still enjoy playing modern day Desmond eventually to finish up his story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As much as I'd like to see an AC game set in Japan, Desmond doesn't seem to have any traces of East Asian ancestry.

I feel the most appropriate location and time would be England or France in the 18th or 19th century. That way it would also be easier to explain how Desmond's family ended up in America.

masterfenix2009
06-16-2011, 03:00 PM
I want 50/50. Desmond is important. Not just a plot device. He is the main character after all.

rain89c
06-16-2011, 03:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BK-110:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rain89c:
Although, I would still enjoy playing modern day Desmond eventually to finish up his story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As much as I'd like to see an AC game set in Japan, Desmond doesn't seem to have any traces of East Asian ancestry.

I feel the most appropriate location and time would be England or France in the 18th or 19th century. That way it would also be easier to explain how Desmond's family ended up in America. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Desmond did not have hints of any traces of European ancestry until AC2.

edzilla_551
06-16-2011, 10:22 PM
personally, i would like to see a new ancestor, when i first saw ezio its was an awesome feeling and i knew that a different setting would open up new possibilties, so for the setting it would be cool to go france, england or even egypt! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

SevketErhat
06-17-2011, 12:37 AM
French revolution would be my first choice. I am not against England either