PDA

View Full Version : Don't worry about Reviews!

avsrule247
11-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Yeah so IGN gave it a 7.7 and another site a 5 or whatever. I am not going to tell you that Ubi is on the right track or something stupid, I am going to argue against the points that we have had from the reviews thus far.

First off, the AI is not THAT dumb. There is obviously a glitch that when you assassinate someone and go straight into "blend" that the AI does not notice you. However, if you want to play the game with glitches, then be my guest. To be honest, I would never kill a guard and go straight into a blend just to see if he would notice me. Yes, it is a glitch, you do have the option of running so the guard will chase you. Stop looking for glitches!

Second, why do the AI guards attack one at a time? Because you are in defensive stance. I am pretty sure I read somewhere that if you go into aggressive stance that the AI will attack you from behind. Think about it. The fight system is based on timing, and the way it is set up may not be pleasing for everyone, but I would much rather play a game that requires timing (aka skill) then a button mashing fighting game.

Third, yes the game will get repetitive. Oh oh, but what a minute. The most popular game ever made - Halo 3 - is all just shooting. Does shooting not get repetitive? In my opinion, I would rather pickpocket, beat up people, stab them in the neck, and run on roof tops for hours instead of shooting. Why does Halo get such a high score? Shooting is very repetitive whether it is online or not. People say, "oh well halo isnt repetitive we got online lolz" yeah well you still shoot online don't you?

My final thoughts are that reviews and gamers should not be playing this game and looking for glitches but enjoying what is there for them to enjoy, a wide variety of gameplay. A game this massive is certain to have glitches and maybe a couple of bad elements, but it does offer so much more then almost any other game we have ever seen. If the reviewers would pull their head out of their *** and realize this then we wouldn't have a problem. I know I can't and won't change their minds, but if they want to go killing pointless aliens with stupid ray guns or whatever over and over, then let them. I will be playing a massive free roam game that will redefine next gen gaming someway or another.

Dark_zip
11-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Ill just quote myself again...

Originally posted by Dark_zip:
I dont care what game reviewers think since they only look at it the way they are supposed to do but if you look at it like a gamer you know that AC does something never done before! Its just fresh and new And its something else from all the FPS out there It made a Huge living world And so what it has flaws? Its a pilot game and the sequels are gonna rock so hard that dead game reviewers will turn into mindles AC 2 playing zombies!

b-busher
11-13-2007, 01:31 PM
It going to be a worring week for me I have to wait till friday and alot of the reviews arent promising I hope I,ll love it.

Dark_zip
11-13-2007, 01:32 PM
@assassin666 - http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif finally someone noticed my post http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

dude where did your post go?

Greenman2000
11-13-2007, 01:34 PM
why do u have to post this the same time as me

AirRon_2K7
11-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Gosh I swear that Busher lives off of reviews. A worrying week >.> Go play the game yourself, rent if you're that worried. I'm getting the game, 'cos I'm gonna love it... even if it turns into a 2d action scroller .. ..

EDIT: Oh and I agree with what you say avs... totally.

iPlunder
11-13-2007, 01:35 PM
I'm not a halo fan boy but i disagree. Strongly. When someone does all you do is shoot it makes me cringe. I'm really not even a fan of halo but there is so much more to that in the game. Thats like saying for this game all you do is kill, You do alot more and you do alot more in halo to.

avsrule247
11-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:
Gosh I swear that Busher lives off of reviews. A worrying week >.> Go play the game yourself, rent if you're that worried. I'm getting the game, 'cos I'm gonna love it... even if it turns into a 2d action scroller .. ..

Well busher is quite the noob, have you seen his topics lately?

b-busher
11-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:

I really really hope your right and sadly I do pay way to much attention to reviews its just sad seeing negative reviews for a game that I have followed for so long but I will definatelt still get it.

chayangel
11-13-2007, 01:37 PM
all you need to do is read gamespot forum and it sums up assassins creed.

gamespot hate repetative games so dont expect a high review from them, and yeah i think this has been a big dissapointment and i think many will look and think prince of persia was a whole lot better

lukenichols
11-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Yeah so IGN gave it a 7.7 and another site a 5 or whatever. I am not going to tell you that Ubi is on the right track or something stupid, I am going to argue against the points that we have had from the reviews thus far.

First off, the AI is not THAT dumb. There is obviously a glitch that when you assassinate someone and go straight into "blend" that the AI does not notice you. However, if you want to play the game with glitches, then be my guest. To be honest, I would never kill a guard and go straight into a blend just to see if he would notice me. Yes, it is a glitch, you do have the option of running so the guard will chase you. Stop looking for glitches!

Second, why do the AI guards attack one at a time? Because you are in defensive stance. I am pretty sure I read somewhere that if you go into aggressive stance that the AI will attack you from behind. Think about it. The fight system is based on timing, and the way it is set up may not be pleasing for everyone, but I would much rather play a game that requires timing (aka skill) then a button mashing fighting game.

Third, yes the game will get repetitive. Oh oh, but what a minute. The most popular game ever made - Halo 3 - is all just shooting. Does shooting not get repetitive? In my opinion, I would rather pickpocket, beat up people, stab them in the neck, and run on roof tops for hours instead of shooting. Why does Halo get such a high score? Shooting is very repetitive whether it is online or not. People say, "oh well halo isnt repetitive we got online lolz" yeah well you still shoot online don't you?

My final thoughts are that reviews and gamers should not be playing this game and looking for glitches but enjoying what is there for them to enjoy, a wide variety of gameplay. A game this massive is certain to have glitches and maybe a couple of bad elements, but it does offer so much more then almost any other game we have ever seen. If the reviewers would pull their head out of their *** and realize this then we wouldn't have a problem. I know I can't and won't change their minds, but if they want to go killing pointless aliens with stupid ray guns or whatever over and over, then let them. I will be playing a massive free roam game that will redefine next gen gaming someway or another.

Top class words there mate

NECESARY_EVIL
11-13-2007, 01:48 PM
I agree to a point. Yes games such as halo are quite repetitive. but it is also true that "fun" repetition is certainly more compelling than what ign and game spy are calling "boring" repetition.

DON'T get me wrong though. I am still very excited for this game and agree with you on most points.

But when a game has online added there is certainly more diversity. sure all you do is shoot but what about AC? I could state that all you do is hurt people with pointy objects and your fists.

I can see why you are defending this game but think a little more about the GOOD points of a game and not compare it with a game of a COMPLETELY different genera.

PS. don't take any of this as an insult. just a second opinion