PDA

View Full Version : Dual-Core?

no_talent_clown
12-14-2006, 10:17 PM
Any word on dual core for Intel CPUs? I see a few threads that point to threads, but I find it disconcerting that Vegas reports my brand new, high power dual-core as "doesn't meet min requirements". Any official word on a fix for this other than Microsoft tweaks?

Jimmy_Joe2006
12-15-2006, 04:48 PM
Yeah !

This is also my Problem, i paid thousend of dollers and can´t play one of the Next-Gen.
Games.

But as PC User, we are all trapped into
this fake. That´s not the right way to show
us PC Users Respect.

The PC Users are the Hardcore Scene of gaming
and don´t have any Exclusives on our Site.

A little more Years, and the PC Users don´t
buy more Hardware for his Computers and that´s true.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Itchmeister
12-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by reynolds_john:
Any word on dual core for Intel CPUs? I see a few threads that point to threads, but I find it disconcerting that Vegas reports my brand new, high power dual-core as "doesn't meet min requirements". Any official word on a fix for this other than Microsoft tweaks?

That's because the requirement tool looks only at the frequency clock which might be lower than the minimal frequency.

The game itself shouldn't have any problem if you have, say a 2.8 Dual Core even though it is technically under the 3 Ghz minimal requirement.

Jimmy_Joe2006
12-15-2006, 05:38 PM
No, sorry i don´t think so.

The game don´t supports Dual Core CPU´s.

That´s also writen in the README.

---------------
CPU Core2Duo 6700 2.66 Ghz
ATI X1950XTX (Toxic)
2048 MB DDR2 800 Mhz

And also the single player lags.

Itchmeister
12-15-2006, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Jimmy_Joe2006:
No, sorry i don´t think so.

The game don´t supports Dual Core CPU´s.

That´s also writen in the README.

Untrue, it's not written there that Dual Core aren't supported.

As for your lagging problem in single player, what video settings are you using? You say you cannot even start the game??

Jimmy_Joe2006
12-15-2006, 06:03 PM
Hello again!

In the Readme is writen, that the AMD Athlon X2
(also dual Core cpu) needs an optimizer,
that the Dual core feature works.

So i think, that also the Core 2 Duo is not really supportet.

Because at Hardware skinning off the game lags in single player and at on its runs OK.

And what i mean with the CPU is not supported,
is that the Detection tool don´t knows my CPU.

Itchmeister
12-15-2006, 06:15 PM
Hello again!

In the Readme is writen, that the AMD Athlon X2
(also dual Core cpu) needs an optimizer,
that the Dual core feature works.

So i think, that also the Core 2 Duo is not really supportet.

Because at Hardware skinning off the game lags in single player and at on its runs OK.

And what i mean with the CPU is not supported,
is that the Detection tool don´t knows my CPU.

Ahh - I understand what you mean. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The inclusion of the AMD optimizer is just an information put in in the ReadMe in case it might be useful but it does NOT mean that you NEED it and that Core2Duo isn't supported.

The detection tool knows your CPU - but it checks for frequency only and 3 Ghz > 2.66 Ghz -even if it's a Core2Duo, the CPU still has a 2.66 Ghz frequency. That check could be improved/relaxed though.

The fact that the game runs Ok with Hardware Skinning indicates that your video card is able to handle the load and that your CPU was struggling though.

What video settings were you using in-game?

Jimmy_Joe2006
12-15-2006, 06:57 PM
So what i mean is that the Core 2 Duo is an really new Processor with the most complex
computed technology.

Two Cpu cores working together to handel
operations like Hardware Skinning.

But if it lags, only one core is used from the Engine.

If two cores working together they must can handle the operations of Camflys or animation without a lag so what i mean is that Ubisoft Montreal (TM) don´t have used Dual-Core
Technology.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Itchmeister
12-15-2006, 09:31 PM
But if it lags, only one core is used from the Engine.

A slight correction: only one core would be used for *that* operation (thread). Not the same thing. It doesn't mean that the other Core(s) aren't used too!

In any case, lag can still happen depending on the video settings that you're using. If Hardware Skinning solves your problem, by all means, use it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

p.s. About the animation (in-game videos) lag you may be experiencing too - it's unrelated too.