PDA

View Full Version : Can't get the padlock to work

melin1971
02-13-2005, 03:51 AM
I dont know what i do wrong. But in a dog fight i have try to use the padlock on enemy air. But then i press the F4 to padlock enemy nothing happens, i did try both setting in the settings for level of realistic. I have try to padlock enemy ground. not that either work. What is wrong and why do it not work. None of the padlock work for me. I have the defult setting on the keymap exept some engine settings. Need help please.

An other problem i have is the automatic bombsight. I set all the setting like altiude and speed. Turn the sight where i whants to drop the bomb and turn on the automatick bomb sight....and the dam thing drop the bombs right away all the time. so is that a bug?? i have read the manual and have done exatly as it said there. and it dont work...auto sight all drops direkt...grrrr

melin1971
02-13-2005, 03:51 AM
I dont know what i do wrong. But in a dog fight i have try to use the padlock on enemy air. But then i press the F4 to padlock enemy nothing happens, i did try both setting in the settings for level of realistic. I have try to padlock enemy ground. not that either work. What is wrong and why do it not work. None of the padlock work for me. I have the defult setting on the keymap exept some engine settings. Need help please.

An other problem i have is the automatic bombsight. I set all the setting like altiude and speed. Turn the sight where i whants to drop the bomb and turn on the automatick bomb sight....and the dam thing drop the bombs right away all the time. so is that a bug?? i have read the manual and have done exatly as it said there. and it dont work...auto sight all drops direkt...grrrr

melin1971
02-13-2005, 04:21 AM
bump

Tailgator
02-13-2005, 04:49 AM
is this online or offline?

Hoatee
02-13-2005, 05:06 AM
Valid question that, 'cos if you play online the difficulty settings depend on what server you choose to fly on - 'greater green' via Hyperlobby does not allow you to padlock, for example.

ClnlSandersLite
02-13-2005, 05:39 AM
Padlock:
If offline, make sure that you have padlock enabeled in the difficulty settings (page 2 I think). If online, check the servers difficulty settings and see if padlock is allowed.

Bombsight:
Sorry, not a level bomber kinda guy, can't help there.

Hoatee
02-13-2005, 06:27 AM
Ditto regarding level bombing (ie I am clueless as to how to use the bombsight).

For air padlocking there are 3 settings (in the Controls menu).

1. Instant forward view with padlock.
2. Padlock enemy
3. Padlock friendly.

I can't get the first to work and, other than that, the game does not appear to make any distinction between friendly or enemy - padlock (enemy or friendly) locks on to nearest airplane (tested in QMB only).

You have to be within a certain distance and the aircraft to be padlocked must be in (or pretty near) your field of view.

HotelBushranger
02-13-2005, 06:47 AM
I found I can only externally padlock. I try to do it in the pit, but won't work. I have it set to F4 and external to F5.

Wilburnator
02-13-2005, 09:34 AM
If you're flying in cockpit, you must be within a certain range of the target and you must be able to at least see the target on the screen to get a lock. It may be that the target has to be somewhat near to your site crosshairs, I don't recall as I haven't used this feature in a long time. Anyway, you only keep the padlock as long as you have visual contact, it "breaks" if the target flys into a cloud or directly underneath or behind you.

Ofcourse, the server must have padlock allowed to do this online, and you must have padlock allowed in your settings for offline play.

Tailgator
02-13-2005, 02:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> the game does not appear to make any distinction between friendly or enemy - padlock (enemy or friendly) locks on to nearest airplane (tested in QMB only). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

my "guess" is you have icons switched off? when i switched icons off awile back all my wingmen started catching lead from me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Latico
02-13-2005, 02:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HotelBushranger:
I found I can only externally padlock. I try to do it in the pit, but won't work. I have it set to F4 and external to F5. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

By default, the sim uses these key commands for padlock from cockpit:

F4 = enemy air planes
F5 = enemy ground targets
Shift+F4 = Friendly planes
Shift+F5 = Friendly ground targets

External views are by default:

F6 = Enemy planes
F7 = Enemy ground targets
Shift+F6 = Friendly planes
Shift+F7 = Friendly ground targets

These won't work unless Padlock is allowed in the settings. I still don't know why DF servers and coop host don't allow internal padlock. I don't see it as an unfair advantage, conciderign that many pilots have TrackIR. If anything, it seems like it would level the playing field a bit for those that don't have TrackIR.

In coop missions it also allows flight commanders to assign specific targets to their AI wingmen.

Hoatee
02-13-2005, 04:07 PM
Was wondering why that was (about tags off being the cause of failure to distinguish between friend or foe). Now I know.