PDA

View Full Version : Stupid rooftop guards

zippo100
06-27-2010, 12:09 PM
Ok this is getting really annoying. When on rooftops and you run on the other side of the rooftop (you know what I mean...) and you run maybe 16 feet away from him out of nowhere he turns around and says "Hey, you dont belong here !". The same goes for ledge assassination why the do I get notoritety from ledge assassinating them !?

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

Ru1986
06-28-2010, 01:53 AM
The guards notice you because you are running so if you notice the sound of your footsteps on the tiles is enough to make them notice you. When you say Ledge assassinating you mean when you are clung to the edge right? If you you get noticed because usually the body lands in the middle of the street and people run away shouting and make a rawkus so thats why the guards notice you.

piggymactavish
06-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Zippo100 you are right the roof gaurds are very annoying but if you use throwing knives you can take them down very quickly and quietly.

zippo100
06-28-2010, 05:02 PM
ru1986 1) THis also happens with the rooftop guards on the few flat buildings that is in the game as well
2) after i pu my knife in a rooftop guard in ledge assassination and drag him over ledge he screams "there!" and i get normal high profile kill notority

Blue-Spartan
07-03-2010, 09:26 AM
Thats because the people below sccream and run away http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

lilbacchant
07-08-2010, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Blue-Spartan:
Thats because the people below sccream and run away http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Not always. I think the complaint is that if you use high-profile assassination kill (ledge, leaping, etc.), you'll get notoriety even if there's no one to witness the kill or the aftermath.

For example, if I use a ledge assassination on a rooftop guard, but he only falls to a lower roof where no one sees either what I did or the now dead guard, your notoriety will still go up. If, otoh, under the same circumstances, I knock/throw him off the roof (vs pulling him via ledge assassination), my notoriety won't rise at all.

Common sense would obviously suggest that if I ledge assassinate and no one witnesses it, that should be the least likely method to raise notoriety. After all, most would assume that he simply fell, and if murder isn't even suspected, why would your notoriety rise?

Further, if I'd instead simply walked up to him, pulled out my sword and stuck him like a pig, and then threw him off the roof into a crowd of people below, my notoriety wouldn't go up at all.

The notoriety system does indeed defy common sense. They've simply programed it so that if you use any assassination technique, including the hidden blade in high profile, to kill, it will -- no matter what -- result in a higher notoriety.

I really hope they upgrade the notoriety system for AC:B so that it makes more sense.

DEMON-12_21_2O12
07-27-2010, 09:01 AM
ive found that its easier to use the sword or altair (sp) to kill them. its usually a 1 swipe kill and you dont get the dramatics of the double hidden blade kill(not that there is anything wrong with that :P )

+1 on not running and physically staying out of their line of sight. makes life easier.

or youcan just keep on running lol