PDA

View Full Version : New non-commonly requested feature suggestions for A.C.B.

mrthepandaman
07-25-2010, 10:40 AM
This is meant for people who thought of interesting minor quirks with the games that, with a little or big tweak, could make for more interesting and in depth gameplay. Here's my example:
I thought of about a million ways to make the box carriers better. Yeah, you know, those guyss who lug around boxes, and when you bump into them, they drop the box, which breaks, and your cover is broken?
I was thinking all these things:
-The box does not break when it falls. your cover may still be blown, but you can loot the box for medicine, knives, and other stuff you need in multitude.
-You can pick up and carry the box, or "take it off the hands" (this can be direct stealing or disguised as a kind gesture, either one will make this feature possible) of the carrier.
-Carrying this box allows you to blend in with other box carriers and slip past adamant guards, looking like another worker.
-You can place the box back on the ground. Guards will come over-- if they are near-- and inspect it, allowing you to sneak by while they are distracted.
-You can do a one-shot attack with the box, smashing it over the headd of a person, both hurting them badly (one hit one kill?), butb reaking the box and-- obviously-- blowing your cover.

So, what minor, uncommon, but cool ideas do you have for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood?

EzioAssassin51
07-26-2010, 12:51 AM
Lol, why would they inspect the box?

Interesting Ideas though, but no one-hit one kill, just might daze them!

Kakashi590
07-26-2010, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

so if someone put a box in front of you, you wouldn't be distracted by it at all? well i can understand not inspecting a box nowadays it coud very well be a bomb but back then i dont think there were bombs like that lol

EzioAssassin51
07-26-2010, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Kakashi590:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

so if someone put a box in front of you, you wouldn't be distracted by it at all? well i can understand not inspecting a box nowadays it coud very well be a bomb but back then i dont think there were bombs like that lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but i wouldn't leave an impotant post to check it out! If anything, I'd send a single guard to do it!

opisamra
07-26-2010, 03:23 AM
I don't know if anyone else will like this idea but this is sort of extending from the OP's idea. I think they should add other types of citizens aside from the bards and box carriers to make the game just that bit more strategic. I think they should bring the drunks back into the game and perhaps have higher concentrations at night or around pubs. During the day you could have groups of gossiping ladies at the markets or standing in front of a shop that can spot you easily and alert the guards. These are the only two I can think of right now....

EzioAssassin51
07-26-2010, 03:32 AM
Good idea - but don't have the drunks push us over a massive amount that it makes up fall over! Maybe they just nudge us that can knock us out of our blending or something!

SlimeDynamiteD
07-26-2010, 03:47 AM
Ya lol those drunks were annoying! Everytime you see one he pushes you over xD It was pretty funny though, after beating them up you had to run for the guards xD they should bring them back.
But like not as much as in AC1, just like 10 per district :P

mrthepandaman
07-26-2010, 09:57 AM
I like the idea of a bomb in a box. Well, a smoke bomb. Maybe they reach inside and ***** their hand on a poisoned sharp thing? So, trick boxes is what we've agreed on? I agree, dazing them would be better than a one-hit-one kill.

I like the idea of bringing back drunks and adding gossipers. And the beggars. My idea is that you can pay off the beggars to make them leave you alone, or pay beggars, drunks, and muses to go bother guards. I suppose the drunks would wander off eventually. Also, you should be able to take their bottle, and, like a broom or hoe, use it as a weapon. Heck, maybe there's an action you can use that makes you sweep, act drunk, hoe the ground, or patch up a wall with a trowel that acts as another hiding spot. Oh, and fisherman. take their poles and fish for ingocnito-ness.

Above all, I like the gossipers idea. They could increase your notoriety.

EDIT: New idea time. Hiding in trees. It would be hilarious to poke your head out the bottom, stab a dude, and pull him up into the tree.

SlimeDynamiteD
07-26-2010, 01:23 PM
Yea but, I haven't really seen tree's in Assassin's Creed 2 (inside the cities... have you?

mrthepandaman
07-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by SlimeDynamiteD:
Yea but, I haven't really seen tree's in Assassin's Creed 2 (inside the cities... have you?

Yes, near the edges of the cities, inside of the walls, there are plenty of trees. One way or another, it would make running around in between cities less tedious.

Or, just add more trees...

Kakashi590
07-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
Good idea - but don't have the drunks push us over a massive amount that it makes up fall over! Maybe they just nudge us that can knock us out of our blending or something!
at least the drunks would be a little less dangerous since Ezio can swim, trying to get around the docks was a pain in AC1, sometimes a drunk would jump the boats just to push me...lol

Also it would be nice if they improved the drunks AI so that they would push other people, and of course make civilians avoid the drunks the best they can so there isn't always a big jam up or commotion going on

mrthepandaman
07-26-2010, 08:34 PM
So we're in agreement. Drunks are less pushy, more obvious, and... hey, I think they should take a swig every now and then and act weirder with each one.

I'd like it if you were able to assign certain weapons to the D-pad (or whatever it's called on the XBox), that way you could still pick any of your weapons from the menu, but you'd be able to have your favourites ready instantly.

Kakashi590
07-26-2010, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by mrthepandaman:
So we're in agreement. Drunks are less pushy, more obvious, and... hey, I think they should take a swig every now and then and act weirder with each one.

I'd like it if you were able to assign certain weapons to the D-pad (or whatever it's called on the XBox), that way you could still pick any of your weapons from the menu, but you'd be able to have your favourites ready instantly.

yeah i thought it was really annoying that the dagger wasn't able to be quick selected

EzioAssassin51
07-27-2010, 12:48 AM

Stop saying 'So we're in agreement' just because on eperson likes your idea! And the D-Pad thing is commonly requested!

opisamra
07-28-2010, 01:10 AM
My idea is that you can pay off the beggars to make them leave you alone, or pay beggars, drunks, and muses to go bother guards. I suppose the drunks would wander off eventually. Also, you should be able to take their bottle, and, like a broom or hoe, use it as a weapon. Heck, maybe there's an action you can use that makes you sweep, act drunk, hoe the ground, or patch up a wall with a trowel that acts as another hiding spot. Oh, and fisherman. take their poles and fish for incognito-ness.
I reckon that impersonating the citizens would be pretty cool. I think they should cats and dogs. I mean we could here dogs in AC2 at night or when we shot the gun but we couldn't see any.

mrthepandaman
07-28-2010, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by opisamra:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrthepandaman:
My idea is that you can pay off the beggars to make them leave you alone, or pay beggars, drunks, and muses to go bother guards. I suppose the drunks would wander off eventually. Also, you should be able to take their bottle, and, like a broom or hoe, use it as a weapon. Heck, maybe there's an action you can use that makes you sweep, act drunk, hoe the ground, or patch up a wall with a trowel that acts as another hiding spot. Oh, and fisherman. take their poles and fish for incognito-ness.
I reckon that impersonating the citizens would be pretty cool. I think they should cats and dogs. I mean we could here dogs in AC2 at night or when we shot the gun but we couldn't see any. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I imagine the reason they don't have dogs or cats is the same reason they don't have children... you could kill them, and that's just sick.
Then again, they have immortal horses.

Oh, and EzioAssassin, sorry for accidentally requesting something common, and 'so we're in agreement' will now cease (although it wasn't my idea people were agreeing on...). My bad.

ArtofParkour
07-28-2010, 03:26 PM
It may just be me, but I'd actually really like the ability to just wear the normal plain clothes like Ezio wears in the SP walkthrough whenever I wanted. Plus, it's not like I'm asking too much. I'm just asking to be able to use a model of Ezio I used at another part of the game at any time I want. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

bassguy12
07-29-2010, 12:52 PM
I would enjoy NOT dropping a weapon you disarmed from a guard after you kill someone with it. I love running around with a spear. not dropping it.

SBRedFlag
07-29-2010, 01:17 PM
'so we're in agreement' will now cease (although it wasn't my idea people were agreeing on...). My bad.

So we're in agreement, you will stop saying that.

Anyway, a feature that would be cool is to be able to keep weapons you find on the ground after a fight, so you could either give them to members of your Brotherhood or replace your current weapon with those. That would require an inventory of sorts though, and that doesn't exactly seem to be in the AC spirit, but who knows?

edit: Wow bassguy made a similar request right before me.