PDA

View Full Version : AEP or PF

sithgod66
11-20-2004, 10:13 AM
I am thinking of buying Pacific fighters but I don't yet have the Ace expansion as I havn't found any Canadian store who actually stocks it. But it would be better to do the AEP first then Pacific fighters right? or doesnt it matter?

lbuchele
11-20-2004, 10:17 AM
I have the same problem, can´t find the ACE expansion... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Buzzer1
11-20-2004, 10:18 AM
Doesnt matter.
I had Il2. Then bought PF. Just recently was I able to get the AEP - which is hard to find over here as well.
Biggest problem imho, is that most servers use IL2-AEP-PF so you need em all to be able to join...
But PF plays well alone.

Maple_Tiger
11-20-2004, 10:31 AM
See if you can order it from somewhere. I had to order PF from Compusmart.

sithgod
11-20-2004, 01:42 PM
Yeah its been really frustrating. Now I always want to fully support the line as I love IL2. I read before how the line is in danger because of piracy. I am more than willing to do my bit but its a worry when I can't find the games at Futureshop or Bestbuy which are the two biggest game companies here. Ubi if they are the distributers should be doing more to try and get the stores to carry the games. I can't be the only frustrated Canadian.

I love playing the dynamic campaigns and love the fw-190 although it flies like a pig. I did read alot of discussion about whether its accurate or not and that the AEP did change the flight model a bit.

I was concerned with the order of installing as I didn't know if installing PF before AEP would mess things up when i did finally find a AEP.

PF looks pretty darn cool and I am not really into the Pacific thearter but i'll play it for sure.

Troll2k
11-20-2004, 01:52 PM
You can not install Pacific Fighters without having the Ace expansion pack first.PF has to be installed over the combined Forgotten Battles +Ace install.(Of course you can install PF as a standalone)

So it is FB+AEP+PF+3.01m+3.01m_new(optional)