PDA

View Full Version : Changes Pilot Pictures in Campaign Mode

XyZspineZyX
11-03-2003, 05:47 PM
Can anyone assist me. I want to change the default pilot picture I am given when in Campaign Mode. I would also like to to do this with the other pilots in my assigned squadrdon.

The IL2 FB manual has some very basis instructionns on how to do this but I have tried them and they don't work. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

XyZspineZyX
11-03-2003, 05:47 PM
Can anyone assist me. I want to change the default pilot picture I am given when in Campaign Mode. I would also like to to do this with the other pilots in my assigned squadrdon.

The IL2 FB manual has some very basis instructionns on how to do this but I have tried them and they don't work. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

XyZspineZyX
11-03-2003, 07:33 PM
i done this a few weeks ago. go to your fb folder and open the dgen folder. there is a file called photo.bmp. replace this with one of your own. it has to be 192x256 and if i remember, someone told me it has to be 8-bit. also in your dgen folder there is a folder called de. it contains pilot photos so i imagine you have to replace them also but i haven't tried this.

XyZspineZyX
11-03-2003, 07:57 PM
You may need to download an editor if you don't have one in order to get the right format - search for & download "IrfanView" - it's free & easy to use. Your custom photo must have the following preferences:

File: BMP

Size: 192x256

Resolution: 72 (for both)

Bit: 8

Palleted & uncompressed

S!

M0NS (authorized P39 pyrotechnician)

"Blow up the outside world"

http://www.flugwerk.de/images/01k.jpg
My garage!

XyZspineZyX
11-03-2003, 09:29 PM
Hey Guys: Great! did it. Looks awesome Thanks for the help!

S!