PDA

View Full Version : Broken Stun?

Fearleet
11-28-2010, 10:12 PM
I just want to get this cleared and not start a flame war. Ok, So i see a guy following me and i lose him and hes not high but low, and i turn around and see the red "B" button, So i press it to stun, It always shows me stunning first but then he kills me anyways? Is this broken or intended to happen? Ive tried this 50+ Times and 10 times its worked. So can someone please clear this up for me. Ive looked at other threads but they dont answer my question. Thanks.

E-Zekiel
11-28-2010, 10:15 PM
If they press assassinate before you make contact, they will counter your stun.

It's weighted in favor of the assassin, so you need to surprise your pursuer to use it reliably.

Eziosantos
11-28-2010, 10:16 PM
This has happened to me as well,but it's part of the game.It basically tells you that you succeeded at pressing stun,but your pursuer had already press the assassinate button.It's also known as Counter-Stun.

obliviondoll
11-28-2010, 10:17 PM
I've seen plenty of threads which answer this question.

All the threads on this topic that I can find answer it, at least.

Anyway, yes, this is meant to happen.

If your pursuer knows who you are, and you try to stun them, it's not going to work.

Stun takes a moment to wind up before hitting - during that time, your pursuer can still assassinate you - and you get the "counter" animation.

If you're in a group where there are multiple characters who look like you, and the pursuer pauses to try and decide who to aim for, you can usually get away with stunning them, if you're fast.

If you manage to get behind them, the window for their counter is much smaller, so try that if you can.

You're not meant to use stun as an attack, or as a counter to being assassinated - it's a "humiliation" move you can use to show off - only use it for a bonus when you know you've already beaten the person who's after you.

Expecting it to work as an aggressive strategy is suicide.

Fearleet
11-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Alright. Thanks guys.

E-Zekiel
11-28-2010, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
I've seen plenty of threads which answer this question.

All the threads on this topic that I can find answer it, at least.

Anyway, yes, this is meant to happen.

If your pursuer knows who you are, and you try to stun them, it's not going to work.

Stun takes a moment to wind up before hitting - during that time, your pursuer can still assassinate you - and you get the "counter" animation.

If you're in a group where there are multiple characters who look like you, and the pursuer pauses to try and decide who to aim for, you can usually get away with stunning them, if you're fast.

If you manage to get behind them, the window for their counter is much smaller, so try that if you can.

You're not meant to use stun as an attack, or as a counter to being assassinated - it's a "humiliation" move you can use to show off - only use it for a bonus when you know you've already beaten the person who's after you.

Expecting it to work as an aggressive strategy is suicide.

I like using charge to use it aggressively in manhunt matches while I'm on the defense. Because then it's REALLY humiliating, lol!

My favorite time? When I see my pursuer sprinting down the street toward me. I turn and face him and hit charge, and hit him HEAD ON. Walk right up to him, BAM, punch to the face.

That's the only time I do anything like that. It's good for a laugh though.

But yes, as you said, attempting to use it offensively is pretty well suicide. It's really not gonna work.

Rainie
11-28-2010, 10:53 PM
I find the best way to successfully stun someone is to smokebomb them first and hit the O (or B I guess it is for xbox) fast, don't try to run up to them head on and stun cuz that never works....though I stubbornly try several times whe. I know I'm gonna die http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

obliviondoll
11-28-2010, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by kriticalraine:
don't try to run up to them head on and stun cuz that never works....though I stubbornly try several times whe. I know I'm gonna die http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
I do that too!

Sometimes calmly walk over/wait until they're on top of me and turn around, sometimes I just rush at them and hope.

DannyStrong
11-28-2010, 11:38 PM
somewhere in the game manual it explains that assassination "prioritizes" over stun.. If he presses X at the same time you press B he's going to win. You need to really sneak up on him if you plan to stun him.

Grandmaster_Z
11-29-2010, 07:21 AM
stun is joke.

luth411
11-29-2010, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:
stun is joke.

Stun is perfect

Steelbadger
11-29-2010, 08:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriticalraine:
don't try to run up to them head on and stun cuz that never works....though I stubbornly try several times whe. I know I'm gonna die http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
I do that too!

Sometimes calmly walk over/wait until they're on top of me and turn around, sometimes I just rush at them and hope. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, often when it's 50/50 if they'd kill me if I was to bolt (They're within high-profile assassination range) I'll just hope for the best and go for a head-on stun. It works maybe 1 time in 10 I suppose.

W.E.S.P
11-29-2010, 08:24 AM
If he is ment to be sneaking up on me and being the Assasin that he his, if i press that B button before he presses his i should win imo. I used Mute on someone not 10 minutes ago, i pressed stun and he still got me first. Sorry but i think thats wrong as well. I dont think Mute is meant to stop them attacking but it should give me the avantage like charge does

luth411
11-29-2010, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by W.E.S.P:
If he is ment to be sneaking up on me and being the Assasin that he his, if i press that B button before he presses his i should win imo. I used Mute on someone not 10 minutes ago, i pressed stun and he still got me first. Sorry but i think thats wrong as well. I dont think Mute is meant to stop them attacking but it should give me the avantage like charge does

I have not noticed, but is there some effect on a persona that indicates it's muted? I see the effect on the ground, but that's not representative of the radius. There are a number of situations where we think we got mute off but due to latency we were too early or too late.

If there was some way to indicate that the target is in fact muted, it could help quiet some of these complaints. We would see that we failed to mute and that's why we're sucking on a knife.

W.E.S.P
11-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by mpagano411:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by W.E.S.P:

I have not noticed, but is there some effect on a persona that indicates it's muted? I see the effect on the ground, but that's not representative of the radius. There are a number of situations where we think we got mute off but due to latency we were too early or too late.

If there was some way to indicate that the target is in fact muted, it could help quiet some of these complaints. We would see that we failed to mute and that's why we're sucking on a knife. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is a radius you see it when you use it. It goes the distance of a smoke bomb.

Do you guys not think that if we press B before they press X it would stop the runners? I do

Other than charge, stunning and templar vision from a distance Mute is very effective

luth411
11-29-2010, 08:38 AM
I thought I read someone quoting the distancing being greater than smoke bomb, but I'll have to check that next time I'm playing.

I disagree with you. First of all, I think that stun and assassinate are being hit at the same time. If you DO hit stun first (i.e. if stun hits the game server before assassinate), you DO get the stun. The reason this rarely happens is because assassinate's range is longer than stun (and it should be). Mute only lasts for 1.5 seconds. Latency will often play a role in the timing of things and what you see. There's nothing wrong with the stun/assassinate balance in my experience. I average over 1 stun a game.

Rainie
11-29-2010, 08:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:
stun is joke.

Stun is perfect </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif stun

W.E.S.P
11-29-2010, 09:17 AM
I thought I read someone quoting the distancing being greater than smoke bomb, but I'll have to check that next time I'm playing.

I disagree with you. First of all, I think that stun and assassinate are being hit at the same time. If you DO hit stun first (i.e. if stun hits the game server before assassinate), you DO get the stun. The reason this rarely happens is because assassinate's range is longer than stun (and it should be). Mute only lasts for 1.5 seconds. Latency will often play a role in the timing of things and what you see. There's nothing wrong with the stun/assassinate balance in my experience. I average over 1 stun a game.

Im decent at using stun and have an average of 1.50 but i still dont think they should have an advantage over you.

I know Mute has 1.5 seconds and it very well may be bigger than the smoke. I used Mute whilst he was stood at the side of me and i got the stun in probably less than a second but i still got took out.

luth411
11-29-2010, 09:23 AM
This just sounds like latency to me. I had a similar experience just last night where I am certain I muted but he immediately charged me. When you're talking about fractions of seconds, you have to chalk it up to latency. Modern day network and server speeds just aren't at the point where we can assess online game interactions as if they were entirely client-side.

For this reason amongst others, stun should always yield to assassinate. Stun is the reward for duping your pursuer. It's worth more than lure or escape because it's more difficult to achieve. If you've been able to execute stun with its short range and the pursuer is not also trying to assassinate you, +200 stun. If they have any idea of what they're doing and they are attempting to murder you...yer ded.

You're opportunity to avoid the assassination came in the time up until the point of direct contact. This isn't meant to be an open-fisted fighter. Be thankful Ubisoft made defense a balanced and viable mechanic that gives players as much incentive to hide as to hunt. It's one of the fundamental ideas that make the multiplayer so fun.

PopePOV
11-29-2010, 09:25 AM
If you are using mute in order to get stuns, you might as well swap it out for Charge. Charge is virtually 100% while on Defense and you don't have to worry about the 1.5 seconds.

The best stun class that I have formed is Charge/Smoke. Both is a guarantee stun(99%) and with the 3 death Reset loss streak, every spawn is 2 stuns. This helps to get me where I am currently with a 4.1 avg. stun per session. 4th in total stuns. ;-)

Cheers!

GlaciesD
12-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by W.E.S.P:
If he is ment to be sneaking up on me and being the Assasin that he his, if i press that B button before he presses his i should win imo.
I agree with this. The hunter should be encouraged to stay hidden till the very last second, so s/he should be more vulnerable to a stun than the prey to a kill.

I might just be throwing a hissy fit, but when I spot they person who's trying to kill me, I should have a reliable way to defend my self.
Especially since the "jump kills" tip the odds in favour of the killer in a chase (which I'm OK with).

DeafAtheist
12-05-2010, 12:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriticalraine:
I do that too!

Sometimes calmly walk over/wait until they're on top of me and turn around, sometimes I just rush at them and hope. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As do I. I see it as a greater risk with a sweeter reward. There's times when my pursuer walks right past me as I see the B prompt pop up but somehow he missed me or didn't know who to target so I turn around and and walk towards him and stun him without using smoke or any other abilities. If I'm successful it's a great feeling and often the player gets so ****ed about being caught off guard they will grief you with smoke or they will intentionally repeatedly run at you with the intention of knocking you over.

There was one match that really ****ed me off tho. I had just stunned a pursuer who griefed me by running into me repeatedly, then they got a new target assigned... ME AGAIN! and they killed me. I wasn't expecting them to be assigned me as a target again right after I stunned them.

Arinosmirc
12-05-2010, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by GlaciesD:
I agree with this. The hunter should be encouraged to stay hidden till the very last second, so s/he should be more vulnerable to a stun than the prey to a kill.

I might just be throwing a hissy fit, but when I spot they person who's trying to kill me, I should have a reliable way to defend my self.
Especially since the "jump kills" tip the odds in favour of the killer in a chase (which I'm OK with).

I'll third that. If a hunter is being stupid, and obviously is a player, prey should have a more effective means to stop them. I've had times where I KNOW the player is walking towards me, and that running won't work (jump kill), but I'll either not get the option to stun or lag favours them instead of me.

It's really annoying when the game doesn't realize there's a player hunting you but you do. I think more players would be playing the game properly if making themselves obvious was a major penalty. Hate it when my Manhunt group decides the best way to hunt is to run around like chickens with their heads cut off ><

DeafAtheist
12-06-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Arinosmirc:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GlaciesD:

I'll third that. If a hunter is being stupid, and obviously is a player, prey should have a more effective means to stop them. I've had times where I KNOW the player is walking towards me, and that running won't work (jump kill), but I'll either not get the option to stun or lag favours them instead of me.

It's really annoying when the game doesn't realize there's a player hunting you but you do. I think more players would be playing the game properly if making themselves obvious was a major penalty. Hate it when my Manhunt group decides the best way to hunt is to run around like chickens with their heads cut off >< </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stun is fine the way it is. It should NOT be any easier to stun than it already is. It's ONLY supposed to be used when you catch your pursuer off guard and that's exactly how it works. We're not supposed to be able to defend ourselves from pursuers... we're supposed to outsmart them and outplay them.

In a recent game of Wanted I stunned 7 pursuers in a single game. I'm sure there are others who have done even better than that, but my point is simply that stun is already extremely effective. I'd even say it's sometimes a little too easy to use.

KHRYS_24
12-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Here, watch my video. I have some good stuns here. As a lot already said, it's best used with the smoke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhfGe7z6jW8

Ross2437
12-06-2010, 03:12 PM
ya the problem isnt stun itself when people complain its the way they use it. its only for if u can surprise them or they dont no who you are, but when you use it not being sneaky and they dont counter it it can be pretty funny http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif i was playing manhunt and i had just stunned someone so i was running away before he got back up and i litterally ran into my pursuer at full sprinting speed, and still was able to stun him before he stabbed me lol. but yeah, i find the most efficient way (especially in manhunt) is to hide in a morphed group and if they get to close throw a smoke bomb and then stun them. luckily, they cant assassinate or counter you in a smoke bomb, which is awesome because in the beta they could still kill u they just couldnt walk in it, so that is one of my favorite changes since the beta.

Arinosmirc
12-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
Stun is fine the way it is. It should NOT be any easier to stun than it already is. It's ONLY supposed to be used when you catch your pursuer off guard and that's exactly how it works. We're not supposed to be able to defend ourselves from pursuers... we're supposed to outsmart them and outplay them.

If we can pick them out of the crowd, haven't we outsmarted them? Only the game doesn't have a means to acknowledge that. A simple ability to lock on to them, and if they are in fact hunting us, the detection meter starts being drains. At least that way, we a) let the game know that they failed at sneaking, and b) have something we can do to them. If stunning them is out of the question, then at very least we should be able to hurt their score a little.

But stun itself, it feels very quirky. I've had times where I am beside my hunter, and they haven't figured out that I'm there yet, and I don't get the indicator to push stun, and pushing the button for it doesn't trigger the effect. Or when it does, and the player is oblivious to that fact I'm there until my animation is halfway done, they still block it and kill me. Probably because the wind up is ******ly long.

Heck, then there's the biggest problem stun has: Lag. I know I suffer from lag issues. It's obvious when it comes to smokebombs (I've had assassinations where I was already interacting with the target cancelled by their smokebomb, or I've had people pull of assassinations when they're clearly standing in the smoke). If it requires you to push it in a quickdraw situation, it doesn't come down to who's faster, but rather, whose connection is faster.

obliviondoll
12-06-2010, 06:18 PM
If we can pick them out of the crowd, haven't we outsmarted them? Only the game doesn't have a means to acknowledge that. A simple ability to lock on to them, and if they are in fact hunting us, the detection meter starts being drains. At least that way, we a) let the game know that they failed at sneaking, and b) have something we can do to them. If stunning them is out of the question, then at very least we should be able to hurt their score a little.
I like this plan.

Make sure if they do implement it, it drains the meter slower than being high-profile, and doesn't give the locked-on player any feedback (otherwise you'd just spam lock until you get the right person). Also, make it only work locking onto YOUR pursuer.

DeafAtheist
12-06-2010, 06:52 PM

If the game was strictly about sneaking around then I'd agree to this, but it's not. Running is also considered a hunting tactic, albeit one with much lower scoring per kill than a slow sneaky strategy. I know you're not referring to runners, but rather people who are obviously following you or you see them approaching from a distance directly to your location which an NPC wouldn't do, but I bring up runners because those are the ones who are most obviously after you. If we could lock on to pursuers like that it would effect running as a strategy and cause imbalance to the game.

Yes I'd agree that spotting your pursuer before he approaches you considered outsmarting them, but you have to keep in mind that you are bringing a fist to a knife fight and that means you have to be able to outsmart them without exposing yourself... by getting closer to them without them knowing who you are, or using an ability like smoke bombs against them to slow them down enough to stun them.

But stun itself, it feels very quirky. I've had times where I am beside my hunter, and they haven't figured out that I'm there yet, and I don't get the indicator to push stun, and pushing the button for it doesn't trigger the effect. Or when it does, and the player is oblivious to that fact I'm there until my animation is halfway done, they still block it and kill me. Probably because the wind up is ******ly long.

I've had that happen to me a few times where I was blended in a crowd with 1 or more personas that looked like me with my pursuer standing close but no B button prompt for a stun and I ended up getting killed. I figured I wasn't positioned close enough for the B button stun prompt which unfortunately requires you to be closer than your pursuer needs to be for a kill. I had smoke bombs available, but I waited in hopes that he would kill an NPC instead of me.

As for the counter assassination... I don't think the stun move takes too long. If it was quicker then it would come down to who pushes a button faster and that's not how stun is supposed to work. It SHOULD give a pursuer an advantage to counter if he's fast enough to assassinate you before you can complete the stun move.

Heck, then there's the biggest problem stun has: Lag. I know I suffer from lag issues. It's obvious when it comes to smokebombs (I've had assassinations where I was already interacting with the target cancelled by their smokebomb, or I've had people pull of assassinations when they're clearly standing in the smoke). If it requires you to push it in a quickdraw situation, it doesn't come down to who's faster, but rather, whose connection is faster.

I've had those same issues but I don't find it unbalanced. There's a fine line between when you drop your smoke and when they assassinate you. If you don't drop your smoke before they are close enough to assassinate then you're gonna get killed. Smoke only works if they are effected by it before they are close enough to assassinate but also giving the target a little bit of an advantage so sometimes the smoke is dropped just an instant before they are about to assassinate and this causes you to automatically dodge it then gives you a second to move in for a stun before they recover. So it's really about timing your smoke vs timing your kills.

As for lag... can't really comment on that because I haven't had any that had a noticeable effect on my game.

But I stand in my position that stun works the way it should and doesn't need any further tweaking.

However I DO think that poison needs tweaking because smoke doesn't seem to effect it. You can see your pursuer coming and drop smoke and 90% of the time if the pursuer is poisoning you the poisoning is successful despite the smoke. Same goes for stun. I have stunned pursuers and STILL got poisoned. This doesn't make sense to me.

RobertSlover
12-09-2010, 08:56 AM
The stun isn't broken...but there is one big issue with it. It's the whole .5-1 second 'glare' you give the stunned person before being able to run. I mean really...does it make much sense to stand over your target watching them fall THEN running, or hitting them and running AS they fall?

postwick
12-09-2010, 09:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by W.E.S.P:
If he is ment to be sneaking up on me and being the Assasin that he his, if i press that B button before he presses his i should win imo.

Especially since the "jump kills" tip the odds in favour of the killer in a chase (which I'm OK with). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you have many reliable ways to defend yourself. smoke, run away, firecracker, decoy, etc.

this is not a hand-to-hand combat game. if stun worked better, you'd be here complaining about how hard it is to get your kills because you keep getting stunned.

GlaciesD
12-09-2010, 09:37 AM
but you have to keep in mind that you are bringing a fist to a knife fight
You really aren't.

However I DO think that poison needs tweaking because smoke doesn't seem to effect it. You can see your pursuer coming and drop smoke and 90% of the time if the pursuer is poisoning you the poisoning is successful despite the smoke. Same goes for stun. I have stunned pursuers and STILL got poisoned. This doesn't make sense to me. Poison has a few seconds delay before it takes affect. So you probably got poisoned before you threw the bomb or knocked that sucker out.

And if you think I'm quoting out of context, it's because I am.

Originally posted by postwick:
if stun worked better, you'd be here complaining about how hard it is to get your kills because you keep getting stunned.
No.

rocketxsurgeon
12-09-2010, 09:46 AM
The stun has been fine for me up until a few days ago. I'd smoke bomb someone, they would choke, and it wouldn't allow me to stun them. (The O button wouldn't appear above their heads).

I'm not one of those people that go 'oh stun is a tactic, i'm going to run up to someone and stun them!' Just no.

I'm not sure if its due to lag though.

I've had pretty bad lag, i was on the Castle map (on the top level as you walk in, and was standing in a group by the hay cart. Anyway, smoke bombed someone, stunned them. Then ran to the balcony and jumped off and in mid-air i was pulled all the way back to the cart to start the kill animation. It was shocking. Though that's the worst i've experienced

DeafAtheist
12-09-2010, 01:37 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DeafAtheist:

You really aren't.

Oh? So you can do more than just punch out pursuers? This is news to me.

However I DO think that poison needs tweaking because smoke doesn't seem to effect it. You can see your pursuer coming and drop smoke and 90% of the time if the pursuer is poisoning you the poisoning is successful despite the smoke. Same goes for stun. I have stunned pursuers and STILL got poisoned. This doesn't make sense to me.

Poison has a few seconds delay before it takes affect. So you probably got poisoned before you threw the bomb or knocked that sucker out.

No! Really?! (/end sarcasm) I'm aware of this dude. But no, it's more than that. It's happening DURING a stun or smoke bomb, not before. I've been on both sides of this and have seen how it works. Of course with smoke if you time it so they are on the edge of the smoke cloud rather than the middle it's more effective, but the point is simply once you are close enough to poison your target smoke or stun doesn't prevent delivery of the poison.

if stun worked better, you'd be here complaining about how hard it is to get your kills because you keep getting stunned.

No.

Yeah you would be because if stun was any easier to do than it already is the game would come down to who can push a button first. *snores* Stun is already easy as it is. I once stunned 2 pursuers after me WITHOUT using an ability within seconds of each other. I've gotten 7 stuns in a single game of Wanted once. I usually average around 4-6 stuns a game.

zGift
12-09-2010, 02:03 PM
you have many reliable ways to defend yourself. smoke, run away, firecracker, decoy, etc.

this is not a hand-to-hand combat game. if stun worked better, you'd be here complaining about how hard it is to get your kills because you keep getting stunned.

Exactly.

If you're solely relying on Stun while on Defense, you're doing it wrong. Stun + Smoke/Firecrackers/Decoy/Morph/Disguise/etc works just fine.

When you're being hunted you aren't meant to feel empowered. S/he knows where you are and eventually they will find you. That makes you vulnerable. If you want button mashing, play a something else. =p

GlaciesD
12-09-2010, 03:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GlaciesD:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DeafAtheist:

You really aren't.

Oh? So you can do more than just punch out pursuers? This is news to me.
My point was that you can't use your weapon against pursuers, which is weird in its own way, cause it gives you another way of telling who is and who isn't a player.

Poison has a few seconds delay before it takes affect. So you probably got poisoned before you threw the bomb or knocked that sucker out.

No! Really?! (/end sarcasm) I'm aware of this dude. But no, it's more than that. It's happening DURING a stun or smoke bomb, not before. I've been on both sides of this and have seen how it works. Of course with smoke if you time it so they are on the edge of the smoke cloud rather than the middle it's more effective, but the point is simply once you are close enough to poison your target smoke or stun doesn't prevent delivery of the poison. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>My bad, I just didn't get what you were trying to say.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postwick:

No.

Yeah you would be because if stun was any easier to do than it already is the game would come down to who can push a button first. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Still no.

Originally posted by DeafAtheist: *snores* Stun is already easy as it is. I once stunned 2 pursuers after me WITHOUT using an ability within seconds of each other. I've gotten 7 stuns in a single game of Wanted once. I usually average around 4-6 stuns a game. Then you must be fighting against some really poor players.

You're fun.

cool_guy237
12-10-2010, 11:03 AM
I can never get stun to work. even if I use smoke bombs. I see my pursuer, use smoke, he starts flailing around due to the effects of the smoke, I try to stun, and he still kills me. what is up with that? I've only got stun to work when I use charge.

postwick
12-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by cool_guy237:
I can never get stun to work. even if I use smoke bombs. I see my pursuer, use smoke, he starts flailing around due to the effects of the smoke, I try to stun, and he still kills me. what is up with that? I've only got stun to work when I use charge.

maybe you're not getting close enough to them. I always try to lock onto them, too. that helps.

cool_guy237
12-10-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm close enough that the circle button appears over their head. They shouldn't be able to kill me while being affected by my smoke bomb right? They always do though.

Trenixdecease
04-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Fearleet:
I just want to get this cleared and not start a flame war. Ok, So i see a guy following me and i lose him and hes not high but low, and i turn around and see the red "B" button, So i press it to stun, It always shows me stunning first but then he kills me anyways? Is this broken or intended to happen? Ive tried this 50+ Times and 10 times its worked. So can someone please clear this up for me. Ive looked at other threads but they dont answer my question. Thanks.

I've had this happen plenty of times. I think it's intended but it's a little unfair if you ask me. You wait a good whole two seconds (maybe even more), practically giving them a kill. It should be at least a second, it's their fault for being so obvious. I'm not saying that it should be a guarantee stun, but it's too easy for them.

Rainie
04-01-2011, 11:35 AM
This thread was from November...

Taekwonthis
04-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by kriticalraine:
This thread was from November...

and the simple answer is the kill has priority if the timing is the same, not to mention it is not necessarily the same animation for you as it is them. you see yourself attempting to punch them...they do not see that because it is just a regular kill for them. its just to show that you attempted too late.

assassinchief7
04-01-2011, 11:42 AM
There is no problem with thread bumping...

EscoBlades
04-01-2011, 11:43 AM
Necroposting and needless thread bumping is frowned upon on most forums. The OP had his question adequately answered. Maybe BTOG will come and lock this if he sees fit.

BTOG46
04-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:
Necroposting and needless thread bumping is frowned upon on most forums. The OP had his question adequately answered. Maybe BTOG will come and lock this if he sees fit.

Wish granted....

<sub>I deny all rumours about me being the evil Wishmaster</sub> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif