PDA

View Full Version : OT: Fool's Luck

leitmotiv
09-09-2006, 04:57 AM
I was just enjoying a terrific Meteor 8 on MiG-15 brawl in the "Korean Air War" add-on for STRIKE FIGHTERS. At one point the superior MiGs were tearing after fellow Meteors and basically annihilating us. Suddenly I was presented with quite an opportunity---there was a crush of MiGs right in front of me, all haring after a sad Meteor---about three or four in a tight bundle at about 200 meters. I tapped my trigger and to my delight it looked like a NASCAR pile-up---orange explosions and bits of MiGs all over. Wish I had hit my screenshot trigger. Have no idea if it was my burst or one or more MiGs exploding which caused the smash. Stats showed three MiGs down for 72 rounds 20mm expended. I'll never be so lucky again.

Enforcer572005
09-09-2006, 05:02 AM
I wish i had time to mess with that sim, as i got both of them and dnloaded so much stuff, including the korea adons. I especially wanna fly the korea adon, since there is probably a minimum of key commands to use in relation to the modern planes. Thats the main reason i havent flown it much; dont have time to learn all the controls etc.

leitmotiv
09-09-2006, 05:07 AM
I know. I finally sat down and worked out the control assignments a couple days ago---it was worth it. I have been enjoying some incredible brawls with it, WINGS OVER EUROPE (love that Hawker Hunter), and the "Aces of North Vietnam" add-on for WINGS OVER VIETNAM (a brutal situation---you'll get mobbed and blown out of the sky if you do anything but make one pass and split---love the MiG-21s!!!!).