PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else notised this?



ritly113
04-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Does anyone noticed how similar the Free Masons symbol is to the Assassin's symbol?

http://www.vtfreemasons.org/images/familycraft.gif

It would be kinda cool if the AC series is a quad-logy than a trilogy. It would take place during the American Revolution and maybe the assassin's help the colonist against the king? It would have a lot of potential in that era and can have fun with the Free Masons (Assassins?)build America. What do you think?

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
04-13-2011, 02:14 PM
the AC symbol is in fact a hole cutter over a moustache.

indicative of a clan of gay accountants formed in 1066 when harold famously demanded an accounting of the archers use of arrows and the mysterious disappearance of massive amounts of arrows that were sold on the black market.

history tells us what happened to harold when the archers found out he knew they were on the fiddle.

as for the gay accountants,well they just liked to dip thier quills.

PurpleHaze1980
04-13-2011, 06:09 PM
Someone said to me the Assassin's symbol is meant to be an upside down dagger. I did notice a while ago it resembled the Freemason's symbol loosely and even wondered if it was going to be part of the story.

ritly113
04-13-2011, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by AJ_Rimmer_Bsc:
the AC symbol is in fact a hole cutter over a moustache.

indicative of a clan of gay accountants formed in 1066 when harold famously demanded an accounting of the archers use of arrows and the mysterious disappearance of massive amounts of arrows that were sold on the black market.

history tells us what happened to harold when the archers found out he knew they were on the fiddle.

as for the gay accountants,well they just liked to dip thier quills.

Lol! WTF are you talking about?

Maurice_Wijma
04-14-2011, 05:40 AM
Does look a bit simular, but something just isn't right about it being related to each other.

The Free Masons were/are still a group of people (if I am right, only male members), which actually was formed by ex-Templars, after they were hunted for a lot of reasons.
I don't think they were any different to what the Templars stood for, so a link from Assassin's to Free Masons would only bee that they were enemies.

EcLiPzZz
04-14-2011, 10:25 AM
The Free Masons are Templars, the logo thingy may only be a coincidence.

PurpleHaze1980
04-14-2011, 11:06 AM
I had thought there was a link to the templars when in the first game the symbol resembled the freemasons symbol. However it'd mean that basically the Freemasons would maybe be in control of the Assassins and are influencing their assassinations to shape the world as they will it. It would also mean Ezio had failed to discover this?

monkeyuncle8
04-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by EcLiPzZz:
The Free Masons are Templars, the logo thingy may only be a coincidence. Or maybe the assassins came from the templars, or vise versa, I doubt it means something though, I have actually seen the assassins creed symbol somewhere else, but I totally forgot where, also have you ever noticed that the swastika and whatever symbol thats on backpacks looks like the abstergo symbol

ritly113
04-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by PurpleHaze1980:
I had thought there was a link to the templars when in the first game the symbol resembled the freemasons symbol. However it'd mean that basically the Freemasons would maybe be in control of the Assassins and are influencing their assassinations to shape the world as they will it. It would also mean Ezio had failed to discover this?

AFAIK, The Freemasons builds a better future for Americans, so the Assassin's could them as leaders or advisers. President George Washington is a Freemason too. Like I said before, Ubisoft would have a lot of fun with this era.

Ragmarok99
04-15-2011, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by monkeyuncle8:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EcLiPzZz:
The Free Masons are Templars, the logo thingy may only be a coincidence. Or maybe the assassins came from the templars, or vise versa, I doubt it means something though, I have actually seen the assassins creed symbol somewhere else, but I totally forgot where, also have you ever noticed that the swastika and whatever symbol thats on backpacks looks like the abstergo symbol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

considering that in AC2 in one of subject 16 riddles it says that Hittler was a templar(sugesting his swastika was a diferent templar simbol)
and that if you join 2 of the "lines" in the abstergo simbol and then cross the other one... i dunno but it looks like a cross... a templar cross...(a bit modified)