PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Dens/Recruits

Ioder
08-23-2011, 06:17 PM
Any new information on these? I really want to see what we can do to customize the recruits and what the dens are actually going to look like/how they work.

fanofthecreed
08-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Not that I know of, then again most of my friends find this new feature unimportant so mabye thats why we don't have that much info. Wish we would get a pic though.

ProdiGurl
08-23-2011, 06:23 PM
I'd love to know how many recruits we get to work with.

Ioder
08-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by fanofthecreed:
Not that I know of, then again most of my friends find this new feature unimportant so mabye thats why we don't have that much info. Wish we would get a pic though.
I think it'll play a big factor if Ubi plays there cards right here, if their are enough it could make the game a helluva lot easier with you controlling them or make your game a lot harder than it needs to be if you don't take the time to capture them. If that's the case, I'd be most impressed.

fanofthecreed
08-23-2011, 06:28 PM
@Ioder I read somewhere that once you liberate the den you can upgrade the shops around it. I wonder if they mean like Rome just buy it, or if it's like in AC2 at the Villa.

Ioder
08-23-2011, 06:47 PM
@Ioder I read somewhere that once you liberate the den you can upgrade the shops around it. I wonder if they mean like Rome just buy it, or if it's like in AC2 at the Villa.
Ohhh really? I didn't hear that but I know you can add ziplines and make the guards neutral or something?

fanofthecreed
08-23-2011, 07:23 PM
Ya you can get ziplines and if you control the den the Ottomans come in as guards and they are nuetral in the Assassin/Templar war but if the Templars control the den the Byzantines come in which are under the templar payroll so obviously hostile. I wonder if that means you are notorious to the Byzantines or they just notice you quicker.
EDIT: @Mr_Shade could you hook us up with a picture of the assassin dens or even some concept art? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

Calvarok
08-23-2011, 09:44 PM
Ya you can get ziplines and if you control the den the Ottomans come in as guards and they are nuetral in the Assassin/Templar war but if the Templars control the den the Byzantines come in which are under the templar payroll so obviously hostile. I wonder if that means you are notorious to the Byzantines or they just notice you quicker.
EDIT: @Mr_Shade could you hook us up with a picture of the assassin dens or even some concept art? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif
The Byzantines will always act like you're notorious, since they're trained to take you and your assassins down, while the Ottoman guards are just told to keep the peace.

Assassin's Dens are Byzantine Templar controlled areas which may be taken over by killing the leader. Once taken over, Byzantines will attack if your notoriety level grows high enough (Notoriety is rumored to be being reworked for this game) and attempt to retake it. You can do one of three things: let your recruits battle them by themselves, which is kinda like the recruit missions from brother hood in that they have a chance to succeed or fail, you can control your recruit's battle strategies from a distance through an RTS or RISK style gameplay mechanic, or you can personally go help them out.

Once an Assassin's Den is captured, you can upgrade the area around it, opening shops and adding ziplines, and generally making the area look better.

Once a den has been retaken by the enemy, your upgrades remain in place, although shops will not allow you to purchase from them until you have liberated the area.

Assassin recruits now have 15 levels, 5 more than the last game. The last five levels represent the Assassin's journey to become a master Assassin. At the last level, your Assassin will come to you and present a personal mission that they need your help on. Exactly what kind of gameplay it will be is is unknown, but it is known that the recruit will become a master assassin after it.

Recruit missions are now done in the same style of gameplay as the distance Assassin's den control. Examples given were cities which the assassins attack, or defend, and you can control the battles through the interface. (BTW Ubi has on of their six assassin's creed teams working on this whole gameplay feature, I think it might be ubi singapore, I could be wrong.)

It is unknown wether or not stealthy missions will either exist or be controlled through that interface. Just like the previous recruit missions, you can opt to just let the battles play out with a chance of losing.

Assassin recruits who have reached Master assassin can be installed in the Assassin's Den, to permanently stop Byzantines from attacking that Den.

Black_Widow9
08-23-2011, 10:45 PM
I'll see what I can find out. No promises though. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

SevketErhat
08-24-2011, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
I'll see what I can find out. No promises though. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Let's hope so

crash3
08-24-2011, 05:29 AM
I hope there are actually some missions that are impossible to complete without recruits because otherwise they will just continue to be yet another feature that makes the game really easy and one-sided in the players favour

I have to say i feel kinda sorry for all those dumb and unskilled guards that we can just massacre at will

Ioder
08-24-2011, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fanofthecreed:
The Byzantines will always act like you're notorious, since they're trained to take you and your assassins down, while the Ottoman guards are just told to keep the peace.

Assassin's Dens are Byzantine Templar controlled areas which may be taken over by killing the leader. Once taken over, Byzantines will attack if your notoriety level grows high enough (Notoriety is rumored to be being reworked for this game) and attempt to retake it. You can do one of three things: let your recruits battle them by themselves, which is kinda like the recruit missions from brother hood in that they have a chance to succeed or fail, you can control your recruit's battle strategies from a distance through an RTS or RISK style gameplay mechanic, or you can personally go help them out.

Once an Assassin's Den is captured, you can upgrade the area around it, opening shops and adding ziplines, and generally making the area look better.

Once a den has been retaken by the enemy, your upgrades remain in place, although shops will not allow you to purchase from them until you have liberated the area.

Assassin recruits now have 15 levels, 5 more than the last game. The last five levels represent the Assassin's journey to become a master Assassin. At the last level, your Assassin will come to you and present a personal mission that they need your help on. Exactly what kind of gameplay it will be is is unknown, but it is known that the recruit will become a master assassin after it.

Recruit missions are now done in the same style of gameplay as the distance Assassin's den control. Examples given were cities which the assassins attack, or defend, and you can control the battles through the interface. (BTW Ubi has on of their six assassin's creed teams working on this whole gameplay feature, I think it might be ubi singapore, I could be wrong.)

It is unknown wether or not stealthy missions will either exist or be controlled through that interface. Just like the previous recruit missions, you can opt to just let the battles play out with a chance of losing.

Assassin recruits who have reached Master assassin can be installed in the Assassin's Den, to permanently stop Byzantines from attacking that Den. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wow thank you very much.

@ Black Widow, Thanks man, I hope we get to see some pictures/gameplay even soon!

Dralight
08-24-2011, 10:05 AM
Well there's gonna be an on stage demo of Revelations at PAX on Friday, maybe we'll get to see some gameplay of the Assassins Dens and/or Recruits then? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ioder
08-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Dralight:
Well there's gonna be an on stage demo of Revelations at PAX on Friday, maybe we'll get to see some gameplay of the Assassins Dens and/or Recruits then? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Really? Great! I love hearing about new gameplay about to be shown, I love watching it!

Dralight
08-24-2011, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Ioder:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dralight:
Really? Great! I love hearing about new gameplay about to be shown, I love watching it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it always gets me even more stoked for the game when we get to see some new gameplay. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ProdiGurl
08-24-2011, 10:11 AM
[Calvarok] Assassin recruits now have 15 levels, 5 more than the last game. The last five levels represent the Assassin's journey to become a master Assassin. At the last level, your Assassin will come to you and present a personal mission that they need your help on. Exactly what kind of gameplay it will be is is unknown, but it is known that the recruit will become a master assassin after it.

I Love this !! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Ioder
08-24-2011, 10:19 AM
I would also love to see some footage or screen shots of that extra mission that comes with Signature/Animus/Whatever editions of the game. I think it's about Vlad the Impaler?

waynedavies89
08-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Ioder:
I would also love to see some footage or screen shots of that extra mission that comes with Signature/Animus/Whatever editions of the game. I think it's about Vlad the Impaler?

That would be awesome.

As far as the recruits go, I hope you can put them to use this time round,
i hope because Ezio is old along with the new health system, you may have to rely on them a little more, and the dens give use on new strategic layers of game play

fanofthecreed
08-24-2011, 02:17 PM
I. Can't. Wait. For November 15th and also this Fri. Hope theres some den footage.

@Black_Widow Thanks in advance http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

SixKeys
08-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by crash3:
I hope there are actually some missions that are impossible to complete without recruits because otherwise they will just continue to be yet another feature that makes the game really easy and one-sided in the players favour

I have to say i feel kinda sorry for all those dumb and unskilled guards that we can just massacre at will

I think the devs have stated that the recruits are a take-it-or-leave-it feature, just like in Brotherhood. You can choose to use them or not, it's up to you. I can imagine there being a few missions where you need to use the recruits for 100% sync, but probably not for 50% sync.

Calvarok
08-24-2011, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:

I think the devs have stated that the recruits are a take-it-or-leave-it feature, just like in Brotherhood. You can choose to use them or not, it's up to you. I can imagine there being a few missions where you need to use the recruits for 100% sync, but probably not for 50% sync. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think you mean that the opposite way. Anyways, I'm fully expecting some wickedly hard stealth bits that are dicey even if you use recruits, bombs, and the crossbow to their fullest. Or at least still challenging.

POP1Fan
08-24-2011, 11:26 PM
It would be great for me as o romanian to have a misson whit or about Vlad the Impaler.It would be good to see that we are not a forgotten country lol

SevketErhat
08-24-2011, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by POP1Fan:
It would be great for me as o romanian to have a misson whit or about Vlad the Impaler.It would be good to see that we are not a forgotten country lol

I believe that mission will take place in Istanbul rather than Romania.

Here is proof (http://www.castleofspirits.com/vlad.html)
"As mentioned before It is well documented that Vlad's head was decapitated and sent to Constantinople"

I'd like to visit Transylvania to learn more about Vlad one day

Calvarok
08-25-2011, 12:39 AM
Yeah, this mission is about Vlad's prison, not Vlad's lair. Vlad was imprisoned in Constantinople, if I'm not mistaken.

Animuses
09-02-2011, 09:18 PM
I didn't find the recruits in Brotherhood to have any use to me except for some 100% synchs. I hope they at least make them likeable in Revelations, so I may actually want to use them.
P.S. The extra hud for the recruits irritated me, I hope you can turn it off. I never really checked because I never bothered adjusting the hud.

LightRey
09-03-2011, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by Animuses:
I didn't find the recruits in Brotherhood to have any use to me except for some 100% synchs. I hope they at least make them likeable in Revelations, so I may actually want to use them.
P.S. The extra hud for the recruits irritated me, I hope you can turn it off. I never really checked because I never bothered adjusting the hud.
Well, they were never really necessary, but they do come in handy at times. Besides, I always find it somewhat enjoying to have them take out guards that are in my way and then I just walk past them.

ChaosxNetwork
09-03-2011, 08:28 AM
My original plan was to wait for some more info/gameplay on the Dens (More than what was in the cover reveal) but since it hasn't come yet I thing I will be leaving the forums soon as last year pretty big spoilers came... mainly to do with the ending of brotherhood. Thank God I had just finished the game. Also I think Dens will be a very big part of the game as they are combining many aspects of Brotherhood like the recruits, the missions and the renovating. So I want to experience it all upon release

Moultonborough
09-03-2011, 11:33 PM
I am wondering if we can go inside this time. Or if it will be just the usual menu. I hope we can see what it really looks like.

CRUDFACE
09-04-2011, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Moultonborough:
I am wondering if we can go inside this time. Or if it will be just the usual menu. I hope we can see what it really looks like.

What do you mean go inside this time?

LightRey
09-04-2011, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moultonborough:

What do you mean go inside this time? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Inside the dens. In ACB you could only access a menu at the door.

PKSteeve
09-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moultonborough:

Inside the dens. In ACB you could only access a menu at the door. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah man, I'd like to be able to go in aswell http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

CRUDFACE
09-04-2011, 01:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

Inside the dens. In ACB you could only access a menu at the door. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In ACB? You could go inside, walk around to see the paintings and other assassins relaxing...or am I talking about something different?

LightRey
09-04-2011, 02:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

In ACB? You could go inside, walk around to see the paintings and other assassins relaxing...or am I talking about something different? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's the base. We're talking about the dens (the former Borgia towers).

CRUDFACE
09-04-2011, 06:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

In ACB? You could go inside, walk around to see the paintings and other assassins relaxing...or am I talking about something different? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's the base. We're talking about the dens (the former Borgia towers). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, I was talking about the bases the whole time. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Stowdace
09-04-2011, 07:15 PM
I too would like to know more about Recruit customization. Hopefully more than just colors and doesn't end with them being 'Ezio clones'.

LightRey
09-05-2011, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Stowdace:
I too would like to know more about Recruit customization. Hopefully more than just colors and doesn't end with them being 'Ezio clones'.
I doubt they'll look much like Ezio this time, since Ezio now has his unique robes. I have high hopes for the recuits in ACR. If only because of the fact that you can train them to become "master assassins". It just promises much.

Animuses
09-05-2011, 02:40 PM
I had high hopes for recruits in Brotherhood, but look how that turned out.

LightRey
09-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:
I had high hopes for recruits in Brotherhood, but look how that turned out.
You expected too much. I never expected them to be smarter than the average guard (for obvious reasons). The lack of customizability was somewhat of a disappointment, but still quite understandable considering the fact that it was an entirely new concept and they only had one year. I just liked the fact that I could order other guys around to do the killing for me. It was fun.

CRUDFACE
09-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Stowdace:

Have you seen the guild leader, Yusuf? I think he's wearing the master assassin robes of Constantinople. so maybe it's safe to assume that the Recruits will be styled after him when they reach the rank of master?

Those "Ezio Clones" were the best AI's in the game once they became masters. Lol, their guns were crap though, but had the same sound effects of the gun used in AC2

LightRey
09-06-2011, 12:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stowdace:

Have you seen the guild leader, Yusuf? I think he's wearing the master assassin robes of Constantinople. so maybe it's safe to assume that the Recruits will be styled after him when they reach the rank of master?

Those "Ezio Clones" were the best AI's in the game once they became masters. Lol, their guns were crap though, but had the same sound effects of the gun used in AC2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They have to fire 2 shots to kill someone with the gun and you have to be looking in their direction or else the second shot does not kill, nor does the third, fourth, etc. you have to actually look at it for the gun to be able to kill. It was kinda weird, but also hilarious. Walking around, hearing numerous gunshots behind me, It was one of the funniest things in the game imo.

Samuel032593
09-06-2011, 01:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stowdace:

Those "Ezio Clones" were the best AI's in the game once they became masters. Lol, their guns were crap though, but had the same sound effects of the gun used in AC2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They have to fire 2 shots to kill someone with the gun and you have to be looking in their direction or else the second shot does not kill, nor does the third, fourth, etc. you have to actually look at it for the gun to be able to kill. It was kinda weird, but also hilarious. Walking around, hearing numerous gunshots behind me, It was one of the funniest things in the game imo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love how the only things that can hear it are dogs, even after like the millionth shot lol