PDA

View Full Version : Desmond's "double memory" **Spoilers**

TrueDemonzBane
01-08-2011, 07:19 PM
ok, so at the start of brotherhood, desmond has the same problem he did back in abestergo, the animus is blocking him from accessing ezio's memory of where he hid the apple, it was like "two memories were being accessed at once" which had only previously happened with subject 15, because the memories of her ancestors' and the memories of her child's father's ancestors were competing, so why would this happen to desmond? i believe that subject 16 is imprinting his dna on desmonds through the glyphs and clusters, desmond's mind is connected to the animus, and because of that connection, it would be hard for 16 to leave behind lines of code that would imprint his dna onto desmonds, allowing desmond to see 16's ancestors' memories, and be able to more clearly see the ancestors' memories that they had in common

of course, all of that is just a theory, but a possibility, but if this anomoly is explaned in the game, and ijust missed it, please tell me different

Ultimate_Night
01-08-2011, 07:28 PM
In the first game, it's said it's because Desmond is having a stressful reaction to being Altair. In Brotherhood, it's explained as that Ezio had his mind on things other than what he was doing in 1507, though what he's thinking about is left unexplained.

Ass4ssin8me
01-08-2011, 07:28 PM
. <--- Thats a full stop.

RedSpider
01-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:
. <--- Thats a full stop.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

TrueDemonzBane
01-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:
. <--- Thats a full stop. i still say 16 is effecting desmond through the bleeding effect

Avl521
01-08-2011, 07:51 PM
lol

Ass4ssin8me
01-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by TrueDemonsBane:
ok, so at the start of brotherhood, desmond has the same problem he did back in abestergo, the animus is blocking him from accessing ezio's memory of where he hid the apple, it was like "two memories were being accessed at once" which had only previously happened with subject 15, because the memories of her ancestors' and the memories of her child's father's ancestors were competing, so why would this happen to desmond? i believe that subject 16 is imprinting his dna on desmonds through the glyphs and clusters, desmond's mind is connected to the animus, and because of that connection, it would be hard for 16 to leave behind lines of code that would imprint his dna onto desmonds, allowing desmond to see 16's ancestors' memories, and be able to more clearly see the ancestors' memories that they had in common

of course, all of that is just a theory, but a possibility, but if this anomoly is explaned in the game, and ijust missed it, please tell me different

Now, That I have decided to read, this passage, (adding my own pauses =P) I don't understand what you mean? That Desmond's DNA is mixing up with 16's memories? If so, it was explained how that happened both times. However this could be a good idea, for the next set of 16's little clues. I wonder how they will intergrate 16, with the Animus though, as I have a feeling Desmond is in a different Animus. ( Hopefully with a whole new background etc.

Avl521
01-08-2011, 11:26 PM
I think Desmond is still in Rebecca's baby.

Remember they couldn't enter free running through the colosseum like Desmond and Lucy so they went in the van, which most likely is outside Santa Maria Aracoeli, seeing how they just knocked the door of the church and Desmond opened :P

Let's hope the assassins HQ (Maybe Erudito who seems to be a super hacker/computer genius) has an "Animus 3.0" and then they upload the memory core of the Animus 2.0, so we can still have 16 and all the data gathered so far.

And the OP didn't make sense... AND the lack of punctuation was annoying.

Ass4ssin8me
01-09-2011, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by Avl521:

Remember they couldn't enter free running through the colosseum like Desmond and Lucy so they went in the van, which most likely is outside Santa Maria Aracoeli, seeing how they just knocked the door of the church and Desmond opened :P

Let's hope the assassins HQ (Maybe Erudito who seems to be a super hacker/computer genius) has an "Animus 3.0" and then they upload the memory core of the Animus 2.0, so we can still have 16 and all the data gathered so far.

And the OP didn't make sense... AND the lack of punctuation was annoying.

Yeah I didn't understand either..

I hope your theory is correct http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif It would fit into, the story perfectly, and will quench my thirst for an Animus 3.0

TrueDemonzBane
01-09-2011, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Avl521:

And the OP didn't make sense... AND the lack of punctuation was annoying. even if they did put him in a new animus, they need the memory core from abstergo to get it working correctly, unless someone stole one from abstergo. and sorry for my "lack of puncuation" it isnt needed to get a point accross anyway, and im not writing a essay for english, just posting on a forum, like 90% of forum users dont even have correct puncuation

anyway, i dont "know" what's happenin, it just feels like what i said is

Abeonis
01-09-2011, 10:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Avl521:

And the OP didn't make sense... AND the lack of punctuation was annoying. even if they did put him in a new animus, they need the memory core from abstergo to get it working correctly, unless someone stole one from abstergo. and sorry for my "lack of puncuation" it isnt needed to get a point accross anyway, and im not writing a essay for english, just posting on a forum, like 90% of forum users dont even have correct puncuation

anyway, i dont "know" what's happenin, it just feels like what i said is </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm actually sick of people using the excuse of "it's a forum" to try and explain their inability to spell and punctuate their dribblings properly. In an english exam, you're writing something the examiner is going to read, on a forum you're writing something the person you are talking to is going to read, so why the hell are we any less important.

Please do us a favour: learn to spell, learn to use grammar, or get lost.

Johno_efc
01-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TrueDemonsBane:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Avl521:

anyway, i dont "know" what's happenin, it just feels like what i said is </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm actually sick of people using the excuse of "it's a forum" to try and explain their inability to spell and punctuate their dribblings properly. In an english exam, you're writing something the examiner is going to read, on a forum you're writing something the person you are talking to is going to read, so why the hell are we any less important.

Please do us a favour: learn to spell, learn to use grammar, or get lost. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In an exam the examiner can fail you, and it can affect your life. You fail on here, you get a funny lolwut picture.

Failing on here is more fun.

But I concur with your sentiments, people should spell correctly so you can understand what they hell they say.

Avl521
01-09-2011, 10:52 AM

So... I'll avoid saying anything about your grammar and punctuation, as other members already have. (Including me.)

But your reading seems to be having problems too.

You answered to my post:
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">"even if they did put him in a new animus, they need the memory core from abstergo to get it working correctly, unless someone stole one from abstergo."</span>

If you read my post you'll see I said:
<span class="ev_code_RED">"Let's hope the assassins HQ (Maybe Erudito who seems to be a super hacker/computer genius) has an "Animus 3.0" and then they upload the memory core of the Animus 2.0, so we can still have 16 and all the data gathered so far."</span>

Do you know what the memory core from the Animus 2.0 contains? everything Desmond has done in it.
And do you know what else is in there? The data from the memory core of the first Animus, said memory core was stolen from Abstergo at the beginning of AC2.

Seriously like... take your time to read and analyze what people say.

And just because you're not in an exam, doesn't mean you get to write in an unappropiate manner.
Saying that you only write well in exams, is just a form of being a hypocrite.
It's like saying that you'll be polite in an examination or job interview, but completely be a total ***hole to your family.

That's hypocrisy, and though not as extreme as the example I gave, it still is.