PDA

View Full Version : Carriers starting in damaged state in DF missions?

Snoop_Baron
11-15-2004, 02:55 PM
All you mission builder experts out there. Is there any way to have a carrier (that is also a home base) start out in a dogfight mission partialy damaged?

I want to create a scenario where a side has to defend their carrier that is on the brink of being sunk.

Thanks,
Snoop

Snoop_Baron
All you mission builder experts out there. Is there any way to have a carrier (that is also a home base) start out in a dogfight mission partialy damaged?

I want to create a scenario where a side has to defend their carrier that is on the brink of being sunk.

Thanks,
Snoop

Snoop_Baron
If this feature is not available I'd really like to see it added to the sim. What do you guys think?

Platypus_1.JaVA
11-15-2004, 03:29 PM
At the LLTM ( a big IL-2 FB AEP PF lan party) we had a dogfight map with an american and an jap carrier on it. Me and a buddy tried to sink the jap carrier with bombs and torpedo's. It indeed did sank but, it took at least two torpedo's and alot of bombs.

Carriers are just big and tough ships but, not indestrucatble. Also, always attach with two or more aircraft, even if the second one isn't doing anything, just to survive the murderous FLAK.

Platypus_1.JaVA
11-15-2004, 03:31 PM
Also, shoot at the FLAK with your own guns. Once bullets come hitting in the vicinity of the AA guns, it seems to stop. But, it shortly resumes operating after the return fire has stopped.

Or it could be my imagination.