PDA

View Full Version : ubisoft, read this

laggu
11-24-2011, 01:26 AM
i read the most recent declaration of arnault, and thanks to that i had to create a fake account to call him **** ****, **** AND **** 'cause that what he and the rest of gr team are.

Ghost Recon Online producer, Sébastien Arnoult said:

“While Ghost Recon Online is exclusive to PC, Ubisoft’s other Ghost Recon game, Future Soldier, uses a traditional payment model and will only be available on console.”

Arnoult then added:

“When we started Ghost Recon Online we were thinking about Ghost Recon: Future Solider; having something ported in the classical way without any deep development, because we know that 95% of our consumers will pirate the game. So we said okay, we have to change our mind.

We have to adapt, we have to embrace this instead of pushing it away. That’s the main reflection behind Ghost Recon Online and the choice we’ve made to go in this direction.”

what the **** is that man? there's also piracy on ps3 and xbox360. you need a damn pc to make a ****in'game. piracy exists everywhere and it wont end.

i have got pc and xbox360 and lots of ubi titles... and you know what... from now on i wont buy a single ubi title, i will download them, piracy will be my home. it will be fun.

be ok.

XIXDunedainXIX
11-24-2011, 02:09 AM
Hey laggu

Arnoult is simply confirming what PC gamers have known for years:

Ubisoft hates PC gamers because we are no longer their main consumer base.

Seeing as PC sales for Ubisoft have dropped by 90% due to their DRM policy, because it rendered their games damn near unplayable - I can't help but wonder why piracy rates spiked?

PC Piracy is simply an excuse for companies like Ubisoft to excuse a lackluster approach to developing for the PC market.

Ubisoft's approach to the PC market is logically flawed. Let's examine this.

1. Ubisoft release Assassin's Creed (PC) without any DRM
2. But before release, a disk is stolen from the manufacturing plant and escapes onto the Internet.
3. Piracy rates increase because some *******s don't want to support developers for their hard work
4. Ubisoft develops aggressive, draconian DRM policy against PC gamers
5. PC gamers can't play the games that they have bought...so piracy rates spike through the roof because cracking the game is easier than waiting for eternity for Ubisoft to fix their broken products.
6. Over the years, PC sales drop by 90% as it is evident that Ubisoft are blatantly biased against PC gamers and their games are terrible ports
7. Sebastien Arnoult says: "95% of our consumers will pirate..."

So what he's saying that is that that 90% loss of sales is actually people pirating their games? No Sebastien, that figure is not representing the number of pirates...it's describing the number of people who do not want your products. And how can you track pirates? Do you monitor sites like bitorrent, etc?

But the reason why some PC gamers pirate Ubisoft games is because they are simply trying to get them to work. Not because PC gamers are inherently evil, scheming bastards who want everything for free. In fact, if that was the case, you would see higher piracy rates on consoles, as console games are more expensive than their PC counterpart.

R0CKY
11-24-2011, 08:27 AM
I don't think Sébastien Arnoult said what you are saying he said. Read the article again.

laggu
11-24-2011, 09:40 AM
i just hope ubisoft to see how the pc gamers want the game and resume the creation of the pc version. my favourite game series are splinter cell, rainbow six, ghost recon and assassins creed, wich are ubi titles. i always loved ubi games, but ubi have been ****ing its legacy with this anti-piracy measures.

grow up again ubi, and be the best again. thats up to you. who doesnt likes seeing the players happy?

ecma4
11-24-2011, 09:59 AM
It would be strange to out right cancel this product due to piracy when they've recently announced the the next Rainbow6 game is coming to PC. Of course that could change too. Hopefully someone responds soon, they should respect their customers enough to do that.

kalenath
11-24-2011, 01:01 PM
But WILL it come to PC? Or will they SAY it will and then 'change their minds' as always because they don't want to make PC games anymore?

My bet is on option #2.

XIXDunedainXIX
11-24-2011, 01:56 PM
I'm with you kalenath, PC gamers can no longer accept statements about platform releases with absolute certainty. Remember 2K Marin and the Minerva's Den DLC for Bioshock 2? At least there, the outrage forced their hand...but with Ubisoft there is no hope for the same result. Their failure to release Prince of Persia (2008) Epilogue on PC proved that when Ubisoft don't want to do something, they never will.

Personally, I wait for Ubisoft games to go on special before I buy them, why should I pay the release price when the game is often a half-assed product to begin with (ala Splinter Cell Conviction).