PDA

View Full Version : will there be missions that desmond has to do in the present time?

lazyneck
06-02-2009, 12:33 PM
will desmond have any missions that he has to do outside of the animus, instead of walking around a futuristic room and going to sleep?

lazyneck
06-02-2009, 12:33 PM
will desmond have any missions that he has to do outside of the animus, instead of walking around a futuristic room and going to sleep?

Wildest_Dream66
06-02-2009, 12:37 PM
I hope so

lazyneck
06-02-2009, 12:58 PM
i no it would be much more exciting

lazyneck
06-02-2009, 01:11 PM
i no man those messages have to mean something

miroku_jacob
06-04-2009, 12:38 PM
there more pictures then words... like take for example the blood message kinda close to the back room... it has old style Japanese buildings and the word for japan (not the Japanese ppl bc they look the same but are not)....

FYTJ
06-04-2009, 12:57 PM
It looks like there will. Check the update to my article that I made yesterday. In one of those interviews it sounds very much like present day missions were confirmed...

Stormpen
06-05-2009, 09:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">will desmond have any missions that he has to do outside of the animus, instead of walking around a futuristic room and going to sleep? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would would be great, but I think the AC games are about Desmond's ancestors, more than him, and that he's just what connects Altair,Ezio and any others to the present day.

Still..........

CharlesSherman
06-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Well Sebastien Puel was mentioning that since you're not with Abstergo anymore and have made that move to Africa with your assassin chums, you will 'Discover more and more about the war between the assassins and the templars' so I guess that there will be stuff to do or at least people to talk to.

Stormpen
06-05-2009, 10:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well Sebastien Puel was mentioning that since you're not with Abstergo anymore and have made that move to Africa with your assassin chums, you will 'Discover more and more about the war between the assassins and the templars' so I guess that there will be stuff to do or at least people to talk to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's hope. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

obliviondoll
06-05-2009, 10:07 AM
There was a decent amount of optional conversation/exploration in the limited space you had access to in the original game. I hope they don't overdo it though. THe main focus is, and should be, the sequences you play out in the animus. It's probably story-relevant to note that Desmond learned pickpocketing and Eagle Vision from Altair - I expect he'll develop Ezio's disarm ability by the end of AC2, but I wonder if and how it'll be demonstrated. Also, if there's any Desmond-based combat or stealth sequences, I hope he gets some free-running skills beforehand.

mast3rofpuppet
06-05-2009, 10:16 AM
I hope Desmond will be able to do more stuff while trying to discover secrets. Stuff like eavesdropping from higher darker places. And to get there he'd have to climb up. And he should also be able to do some sneaking around. Like when the "big" guys are at a meeting or something, Des would have to sneak up to a guard take him out or sneak past him to get in to another room. Because I'm pretty sure he will be held in one room again. Somethin Sam Fisher would be great for Des. But no REAL missions like Ezio does. I hope they save the real missions for Desmond for the last AC.

sensationikke
06-05-2009, 10:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FYTJ:
It looks like there will. Check the update to my article that I made yesterday. In one of those interviews it sounds very much like present day missions were confirmed... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, in one of the interviews i remember being said that there are missions in the present. Could be wrong. I think it's the one where they sit at the fountain xD. I'll search for it.

About the writings on a wall: They don't have anyting to do with AC2, but with the assassin's.

EDIT: Here are the ones at the fountain (gamereactor). Listening or it's in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv9aWFpGbPU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...hwqg&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7LU_TYhwqg&feature=related)

lazyneck
06-07-2009, 10:43 PM
where did you hear that desmond will be in Africa?

the amolang
06-10-2009, 06:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CharlesSherman:
Well Sebastien Puel was mentioning that since you're not with Abstergo anymore and have made that move to Africa with your assassin chums, you will 'Discover more and more about the war between the assassins and the templars' so I guess that there will be stuff to do or at least people to talk to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

where did you hear that? in a video interview? please post a link...

q-pet
06-11-2009, 01:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">THe main focus is, and should be, the sequences you play out in the animus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i feel the animus shouldnt even be used. i think hes transcended and should be able to access his ancestors memories. not at will (at first)but by places or actions and slowly as he gets deeper into them hes able to use them and fight back.

the amolang
06-11-2009, 01:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by q-pet:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">THe main focus is, and should be, the sequences you play out in the animus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i feel the animus shouldnt even be used. i think hes transcended and should be able to access his ancestors memories. not at will (at first)but by places or actions and slowly as he gets deeper into them hes able to use them and fight back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i would miss the animus.... but it seems to early to have him be able to ditch the animus. i think that desmond needs to still learn more before he is able to do that. i think that they should wait to the third game to mess with this. or they could have the last mission with him not using the animus to make people hyped for the third one. where he (in the third one) will be able to have an entire city but will also change to another ancestor who has a city too. that could be cool...

Xanatos2007
06-11-2009, 04:31 AM
Maybe at the end of ACII or ACIII he will put his hood on and it will be revealed to have an eagle-beak, indicating he was an Assassin all along.

q-pet
06-11-2009, 10:23 PM
i would like to see this played out kinda like Dreamfall you know? where desmond has a larger roll and we get to see this twisted world

P.S. it was already said that he was an assassin but he quit and became a bartender

scottbooth92
06-12-2009, 07:02 PM
I remember patrice saying during the gamespot stage demo or an interviwe, that Desmond will do more than just walking in AC2...he then went on to smile in a way that only heightens curiosity http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. I'm really amazed at the amount of stuff they have managed to cram in, in such a short period of time. Should be a brilliant game, and I really can't wait. Definitely looking forward to seeing how long people remain interested in the sandbox environment once the story is actually complete, hopefully Ubisoft really means it when they say they are adding much more variety http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif AWSUM!