PDA

View Full Version : East Poland & Kiev-Odessa area maps...

aukieboy
03-24-2006, 06:33 AM
I don't know whoever folks make thirdparty maps but I think they should start working on some maps that cover the Poland Bialystok/Warszawa area and the Ukraine.
There so many great missions/Campaigns to be made based on these Eastfront theaters but we don't have the proper areas for the abovementioned. Regarding IL2 Forgotten battles it would be proper to include these areas as well so the campaigns covering the Forgotten battles Eastern front can be completed!
After all... Il2-forgotten battles is what it all started with.

Greetings Auki

TX-Zen
03-24-2006, 07:32 AM
Actually it started with IL2 Sturmovik, then we had forgotten battles

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

darkhorizon11
03-24-2006, 02:17 PM
The LUFT 46 add-on for the Russian side coming out later this year (we hope) is supposed to feature some new maps of the German vs. Russia scenario.

Historically besides the aircraft themselves its really hard to envision the Eastern front dragging on since being outnumbered 10:1 the Germans had a snowballs chance in hell in even prolonging the war nevermind winning.

Either way we may see some maps of that area along with maybe Belorussia? Since some pretty intense fighting was carried out there!

Nimits
03-24-2006, 07:17 PM
Any Russian vs VVS scenario, to be minimally plausible, would have to a separate, conditional peace with the western Allies (in itself an implausible scenario . . .). If the Germans could have stopped diverting war material to the western front and stripped most of the aircraft and guns fromt he Reich Defense units, they could have give the Russians a much tougher time. They still probably could not have won (unless they somehow magically developed the means to mass produce and deliver atomic weapons), but on the other hand, by the Spring of 1945 even the Soviets were starting to run low on manpower.

aukieboy
03-25-2006, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by TX-Zen:
Actually it started with IL2 Sturmovik, then we had forgotten battles

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Anyway: Russian theaters

GerritJ9
03-25-2006, 10:16 AM
SaqSon mentioned some time ago that a Kyiv map was "Work in Progress"; I think that will probably be included on the Pe-2 CD.