PDA

View Full Version : 325th Server Upgrade(info)

S_M_O_K_Y
05-25-2005, 02:54 AM
The 325th Dedicated has been upgraded. The server is dual 2.8 Xeons on a 10mb line in Texas. It was a hairy start but it is obvious as of this week that all the bugs are getting worked out and the server has ran full (40 players) in the past week and performed like glass. The current map set is a mixture of the most popular maps. Each mission is setup for dogfight and also has a mission objective for you ground pounders out there. Stats are currently up and running and can be found at www.325thfightclub.com (http://www.325thfightclub.com). The plane set is limited to mostly late year aircraft. At this time we have removed large aircraft with ai tail gunners to reduce spawn lag. The current plane set is listed below. The 325th Dedicated Server is paid for and managed by the 325th Squadron. Special thanks to Dolamite for his skills and Yankee AKA Smoky for the new missions.
F4U-1C
F4U-1D
CorsairMkII
CorsairMkIV
F6F-5
HurricaneMkIIc
I-16type24
I-185M-82A
Il-2I
LaGG-3IT
La-7
La-73xB20
MiG-3U
P-38J
P-38L
P-40M
P-47D-22
P-47D-27
P-51D-5NT
P-51D-20NA
P-63C
SpitfireMkVIII
SpitfireMkIXeCLP
SpitfireMkIXeHF
Yak-3P
Yak-9M
Yak-9UT
A6M5c
A6M7_Model63
Bf-109G-6AS
Bf-109K-4
Fw-190A-9
Fw-190D-9_Late
Ta-152H-1
Ki-43-Ic
Ki-61-I-Otsu
Ki-84-Ib

Dolamite_325th
05-25-2005, 09:26 PM
Bump

bolillo_loco
05-26-2005, 04:33 AM
you would be amazed at what you can get away with on servers. limiting the plane set to a historical era can be popular also......like 1942 usa vs japan.....1 version of the zero, 1 ki 43, 1 ki 61 vs 1 p-39, p-40, and f4f......3 flyable planes on each side. 45 planes before map change. some people who always have to have the mostest latest greatest cannon spamming plane that turns on a dime may not be thrilled, but most people will play it and not complain. having only 3 flyable on each side sure does cut the spawn lag down drastically to the point where you are actually beginning to wonder when it will happen. mixing a historical battle maps from a specific period with turny burny maps, late war a/c maps, early war a/c maps, and regular df maps gives quite a variety, and by the time your bored with the plane set a new one has begun.

I like limited plane sets only because it dramatically reduces spawn lag.......yes I use static a/c for each flyable.

S_M_O_K_Y
05-26-2005, 06:36 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

RedDeth
05-26-2005, 11:33 AM
i think 325th is becoming the best pit off server in H.L. its definitely WAAAY less laggy than 334

VFA-195 Snacky
05-26-2005, 04:58 PM
Your server seems great, but might I suggest something along the lines of what the UK Dedicated server does except with better plane sets and realistic missions. Make it something more than just boring ol Air Quake.

VW-IceFire
05-26-2005, 05:07 PM
If I could, I'd like to suggest the following changes to your lineup here that would appeal to some more pilots.

F4U-1C
F4U-1D
CorsairMkII <-- Remove (identical performance to Mark IV except without rocket stubs)
CorsairMkIV
F6F-5
HurricaneMkIIc
I-16type24
I-185M-82A
Il-2I
LaGG-3IT
La-7
La-73xB20
MiG-3U
P-39Q-10 <-- The P-39Q is an excellent dogfight aircraft and a good alternative to the P-63
P-38J
P-38L
P-40M
P-47D-22
P-47D-27
P-51D-5NT <--Hardly anyone flies the D-5 when the D-20 is available although it could be left in too
P-51D-20NA
P-63C
SpitfireMkVIII
SpitfireMkIXeCLP
SpitfireMkIXeHF
Yak-3P
Yak-9M
Yak-9UT
A6M5c
A6M7_Model63
Bf-109G-6AS
Bf-109G-10 <-- the G-10 is a great bird for dogfight servers as its faster than the A/S but not as heavy and crippled as the K-4
Bf-109K-4
Fw-190A-9
Fw-190D-9 <-- Don't let the year fool you, the earlier D-9 has the better fuel and engine boost option than the later version. Although the later version is a hair faster at low alts, the regular D-9 is the better bird and prefered by most if not all Dora drivers
Fw-190D-9_Late <-- Remove?
Ta-152H-1
Ki-43-Ic
Ki-61-I-Otsu <-- Remove. Not nearly as good as the Hei when it comes to firepower and barely competitive
Ki-61-I-Hei <-- By far the best Ki-61 for a dogfight server, the Hei has 2 20mm cannons making up for the types deficiency
Ki-84-Ib

I shall be checking out your server shortly but I'd like to see some slightly smarter choices (on occasion) made to the flight list. I understand that limiting a planeset is smart but sometimes an alternative perspective is useful. Not everyone knows everything about every plane so I've obviously come at this from the pespective that I have. Hopefully it proves beneficial for aircraft choices in the future.

I am glad to see aircraft like the P-38, P-40, and others on the list as they are good alternatives to the standard lineup.

VFA-195 Snacky
05-26-2005, 05:30 PM
Agree on the P38. Overlooked and underestimated. Thanks for adding this.

Dolamite_325th
05-26-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by VFA-195 Snacky:
Your server seems great, but might I suggest something along the lines of what the UK Dedicated server does except with better plane sets and realistic missions. Make it something more than just boring ol Air Quake.

hummm lemme think .......open pit server, plastic game controler,glass and plastic monitor,plastic keyboard,air conditioner running,padded chair,plastic an foam headphones break out the calculator and do the math and acording to sientific atlanta that = GAME

Wanna blow stuff up com'on in .........

Want historic, build a time machine,marry a 70 year old woman or watch discovery channel.

when it comes to open pit server, if you limit the planeset to historic...... people leave

AFJ_Locust
05-27-2005, 07:57 AM
Bump For Yankee

bolillo_loco
05-27-2005, 08:15 AM
I disagree with people leaving for historical plane set maps. the 334th runs a 1942 usa vs japan and a biplane only map and the server does not empty when these maps come up. running a mix of maps gives diversity to the server.

I do not undrestand why 334th freebird continues to rent the server from whom he does. I had access to the 334th server while I was in the 334th and the connection is only 35% of the rated down load and 20% of the rated upload. IMO he should look for somebody else to rent a server from.

VW-IceFire
05-27-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Dolamite_325th:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VFA-195 Snacky:

hummm lemme think .......open pit server, plastic game controler,glass and plastic monitor,plastic keyboard,air conditioner running,padded chair,plastic an foam headphones break out the calculator and do the math and acording to sientific atlanta that = GAME

Wanna blow stuff up com'on in .........

Want historic, build a time machine,marry a 70 year old woman or watch discovery channel.

when it comes to open pit server, if you limit the planeset to historic...... people leave </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
UK-Dedicated is constantly full...much to the chargin of many of the regulars. Many guys now sit on TS waiting for someone to tell them that the server has a spot open and they may join.

If you don't like the idea, thats ok too...other types of servers are good to have around. But open pit servers using historical plane loadouts are not unpopular.

Dolamite_325th
05-28-2005, 05:20 PM
Are you sure we are looking at the same hyperlobby? looks pretty empty to me maybe I have an old version