PDA

View Full Version : 100% Sync is Restrictive.

Serrachio
10-25-2011, 03:27 AM
If you're wondering what I mean by the title of the thread, I'll tell you something that I personally picked up on by playing my way through ACB for a second time.

I remember back in my first playthrough that the mission 'Castello Crasher' was kind of a really frustrating deal for me, as it was a tough break to not get noticed and have to reset the mission over and over, as I was pretty wound up about getting 100% Sync for every mission.

It wasn't until my second playthrough that I threw caution to the wind and stormed the place that I actually enjoyed the mission, even though I broke the terms that the game, and my pride, was holding me to.

And really, what reward is there in getting Full Syncronisation, aside from an achievement placed in with the Da Vinci Disappearance DLC?

I, as would many people, would aim to complete the mission terms on the first playthrough for Revelations, much as I did for Brotherhood, but I don't want to feel so bound to the mechanic that I lose sight of what is fun about the game.

I don't think that the reward for the invested effort for Full Synchronisation is anything really worth it, and it doesn't leave me feeling confident that I'm not just working towards some hollow time-waster, implemented to boost the game's predicted completion time while vexing me all the same.

The idea that I would like to propose is to change the Full Sync requirement to that of the 'Assassin's Path' feature.

It shouldn't affect Syncronisation in any way, so that I'm not held out of any possible achievements that I'm aiming for, but it could possibly award a player who plays through the whole game to the specifications (like a true assassin, i.e. mimicking Ezio/Altair) with something special, such as a small teaser for AC3 or something else, in a gesture similar to the Truth video of AC2's Glyphs.

This way, a player is awarded for their effort, it encourages more people to play the missions with the task set to them by the developers, and a person doesn't have to sacrifice fun for their 100% in-game total.

Chronomancy
10-25-2011, 03:38 AM
But isn't the sync following Ezio in his footsteps?

Blind2Society
10-25-2011, 03:44 AM
Well said sir, I agree. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

pacmanate
10-25-2011, 03:51 AM
I get what you're saying but it is a cool feature

XxKillaChaosxX
10-25-2011, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Chronomancy:

AlphaAltair
10-25-2011, 04:04 AM
You're right, 100% sync is hollow and restrictive, AC1 (and 2 to a lesser extent)encouraged you to plan different ways to compete tasks whereas ACB punishes you with a big fat FAILED 100% sync.

I would much rather they spent the time to develop open, well designed and thoughtful assassination missions than the minute it probably takes them to come up with the 100% sync options, but they wont because they're pushed for time, it's easier and us derps still buy the game. Shame.

I really dislike that they're trying to make the game more linear and cinematic, I want Assassins creed not Uncharted, I want to play a game that challenges me and makes me think not sit there and basically watch a movie that i have to control myself.

Serrachio
10-25-2011, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by XxKillaChaosxX:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chronomancy:
But isn't the sync following Ezio in his footsteps? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is, but the player of the game doesn't necessarily have to do what Ezio does to reach the same goal, which is pretty much backed up by the Full Sync mechanic in the first place.

Edit: Right now, it is saying "You can complete this mission how you wish, but if you do it this way, you're doing it exactly as what Ezio supposedly did it by."

What happens currently though is that when a player strays from the path, they have 'failed' the mission, and are often going to restart it again and again until they finally do it how it they believe it is supposedly done.

That in itself takes away from the experience, because it is denying the player the chance to play the game through their own conceived route, all to have it done one way.

It is supposed to be a challenge, which is an admirable thing to try and give us, but currently, it feels more forced than encouraging.

Blind2Society
10-25-2011, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by AlphaAltair:
You're right, 100% sync is hollow and restrictive, AC1 (and 2 to a lesser extent)encouraged you to plan different ways to compete tasks whereas ACB punishes you with a big fat FAILED 100% sync.

I would much rather they spent the time to develop open, well designed and thoughtful assassination missions than the minute it probably takes them to come up with the 100% sync options, but they wont because they're pushed for time, it's easier and us derps still buy the game. Shame.

I really dislike that they're trying to make the game more linear and cinematic, I want Assassins creed not Uncharted, I want to play a game that challenges me and makes me think not sit there and basically watch a movie that i have to control myself.
Well said sir, I agree. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

misterB2001
10-25-2011, 04:08 AM
Completely agree with the OP. Yes you can play the game however you want, but getting a big 50%.....FAIL! Sign on the screen made me enjoy it less. I'm really disappointed it will feature in Revelations

Chronomancy
10-25-2011, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by XxKillaChaosxX:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chronomancy:
But isn't the sync following Ezio in his footsteps? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is, but the player of the game doesn't necessarily have to do what Ezio does to reach the same goal, which is pretty much backed up by the Full Sync mechanic in the first place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, well I like this idea nice thought. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dxsxhxcx
10-25-2011, 04:34 AM

it doesn't matter if there's a reason behind the 100% sync, it only dictate us how we should play the game and like if this wasn't enough we still get a big "you failed" in the face if we don't do that, I couldn't care less about achievements or finish the entire game with 100%, but when they constantly remember me that I failed in something, this bothers me a lot and FORCE me to go back and play the memory again the way they want, what IMO isn't fun at all..

the only 100% sync worth doing were the ones where we couldn't lose "x" amount of health because those requirements allowed us to play the way we want, but they weren't much challenging (without count the tank one, that was frustating and not challenging) because the game is easy as hell..

AntiChrist7
10-25-2011, 04:48 AM
you can complee the story without 100% synch, you can play the mission again to get 100%, or if you already have 100% you can play it like you want.

conclusion: stop whining. if there wanst 100% synch you would complain the game is too easy

Blind2Society
10-25-2011, 04:56 AM
troll

dxsxhxcx
10-25-2011, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
you can complee the story without 100% synch, you can play the mission again to get 100%, or if you already have 100% you can play it like you want.

conclusion: stop whining. if there wanst 100% synch you would complain the game is too easy

no one is saying that we can't complete the game withour 100% sync, the problem is that the fact that they constantly say that we failed in something bothers a lot of people, what makes the 100% sync almost an obligation because not doing it make us feel like if we were doing something "wrong" for not completing a mission with 100% (the 50% sync failed in the pause menu and in the memory menu helps a lot with that)..

and there's also the fact that they say how we should play the game, what's something we should decide how to do and not they...

misterB2001
10-25-2011, 05:01 AM
Going back and doing the 100% is fine, I like that idea as it promotes replayability. But a game that basically tells you that your rubbish every 10 minutes is hardly a fun experience. The other option is to make sure you get the 100% each time. But that restricts the gameplay. It's my only complaint with the series

Serrachio
10-25-2011, 05:01 AM

I don't like feeling that there is something that I am missing out on in the game, because I haven't completed the game to the best that I can.

Also no, I wouldn't complain that the game was too easy if the 100% sync was removed, because it would make less of a difference than you think it would. And for the record, nowhere did I suggest that the feature should be removed, only that it should not be tied with the syncronisation with the game, and should provide a different type of reward on completion.

Please don't make assumptions where they're not needed, thanks.

AntiChrist7
10-25-2011, 05:18 AM
excpet for the so called "cheats", where you ride a unicorn, you dont miss anything. the christina memories are avalaible as you progress through the story. only if you always get 100% it will be available earlier

If you cant bear the words "100% synch failed" in the small lettertype it is in brotherhood, i suggest you stop playing games. A massive "game over" on your screen like in older game would probably give you a heart attack

Chronomancy
10-25-2011, 05:21 AM
I wish the 100% was something a little bit easier for example, I found getting the lairs done in a certain amount of time challenging since I cannot stand being in these lairs for more than 5 minutes.

The one I saw in a revelations video was what I was leaning towards it's in the one with the zipline and for sync you need to aerial kill a guard, these are the ones that I look forward to.

Serrachio
10-25-2011, 05:34 AM
excpet for the so called "cheats", where you ride a unicorn, you dont miss anything. the christina memories are avalaible as you progress through the story. only if you always get 100% it will be available earlier

If you cant bear the words "100% synch failed" in the small lettertype it is in brotherhood, i suggest you stop playing games. A massive "game over" on your screen like in older game would probably give you a heart attack

It's not that I "can't bear" to not get 100%, it's rather that I'm a completionist at heart really. I like making sure I get the most out of my games, especially the AC series, so it's why I like going for 100% so that I have one save file with an entirely complete story.

Telling me I've 'failed' though is kind of depressing and annoying though, because the AC games were initially made so that a player creates their own scenarios for their assassinations, and tailpiping it down one route and then telling a player that they've failed to play the game properly when they do their own thing isn't really the right attitude to giving them a challenge.

Also, the feature offered nothing for doing it, which seems rather pointless to tell me that I'm not playing right when there's nothing really to do the specific task for.

Right now as a feature, the Full Sync shouldn't really be linked to the syncronisation, because there's nothing to strive to get 100% for aside from self-gratification.

If we were rewarded somehow, then yes, it would be reasonable to say "Play just like Ezio and you'll get something special" but really, as a function, it could do a lot better by being seperate from syncronisation than what it currently is; because for players who want to complete the game fully because they can, they aren't benefitting.

EscoBlades
10-25-2011, 05:34 AM
I've never had a problem with 100% sync, mainly because i don't put nearly as much emphasis on it as clearly some of you do. I play the game to enjoy it. If the 100% sync happens, so be it. If it doesn't...it doesn't. Use of the word restrictive implies that you are forced to attain 100% sync, when in fact, that isn't the case.

Serrachio
10-25-2011, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:
I've never had a problem with 100% sync, mainly because i don't put nearly as much emphasis on it as clearly some of you do. I play the game to enjoy it. If the 100% sync happens, so be it. If it doesn't...it doesn't. Use of the word restrictive implies that you are forced to attain 100% sync, when in fact, that isn't the case.

I say that it is restrictive not because I am forced to as a player, I'm saying it is restrictive because it implies that I am playing the game wrong because I'm not doing something the way the game wants me to, despite not rewarding me in any way either.

It is a bit of a harsh message to send out that a player has 'failed' just because they took a seperate approach, even though if I complied, I am not any better for it that if I didn't.

If there was some reason to try and attain 100% aside from the possibility of a trophy which holds no in-game reward, it would be excusable, but as I've currently mentioned before, it is a hollow feature.

dxsxhxcx
10-25-2011, 05:43 AM

"game over" in a game is totally different, because the 100% sync feature is something "small" in the game (compared to a "game over") that's why it bothers me so much, like you said, it's not something that'll stop you from continue playing the game if you decide to not do it, but if you don't do it, it'll constantly remind you that it's still there for you to do it and that you didn't do it right (if you fail)...

imagine a situation where someone ask you to do something and every time you finish doing it the person who asked you to do it will always remind you that you forgot something or will say that you could do it "better" just because the way you did it's not the way this person wanted you to do it (even if the way you did was also good and you were able to finish the job with the same results)...

Chronomancy
10-25-2011, 05:44 AM

re·stric·tive
1.Imposing restrictions or limitations on someone's activities or freedom.

2.(of a relative clause or descriptive phrase) Serving to specify the particular instance or instances being mentioned.

I think the way Serrachio used the word restrictive is correct, he's more leaning towards 1. implying that in a certain way the game brands you a failure simply because you didn't complete it in a certain way.

Correct me if im wrong tho, I may be getting the wrong impression.

I get where your coming from Esco but I think it's a tad harsh for the game to simply say fail if you don't do something how your previous ancestor did it in that exact way.

EscoBlades
10-25-2011, 05:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:

I say that it is restrictive not because I am forced to as a player, I'm saying it is restrictive because it implies that I am playing the game wrong because I'm not doing something the way the game wants me to, despite not rewarding me in any way either.

It is a bit of a harsh message to send out that a player has 'failed' just because they took a seperate approach, even though if I complied, I am not any better for it that if I didn't.

If there was some reason to try and attain 100% aside from the possibility of a trophy which holds no in-game reward, it would be excusable, but as I've currently mentioned before, it is a hollow feature. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I view it as more of a guide....a passive guide. Sure, it lets you know in very bold terms that you have "failed" the 100% sync, but that doesn't prevent you from completing the mission, which is the point right? I guess it really only bugs completionists.

dxsxhxcx
10-25-2011, 05:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:

re·stric·tive
1.Imposing restrictions or limitations on someone's activities or freedom.

2.(of a relative clause or descriptive phrase) Serving to specify the particular instance or instances being mentioned.

I think the way Serrachio used the word restrictive is correct, he's more leaning towards 1. implying that in a certain way the game brands you a failure simply because you didn't complete it in a certain way.

Correct me if im wrong tho, I may be getting the wrong impression. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe you're right, I also understood that way... it's restrictive because it tells you how you should play the game and if you don't do it that way it tells you that you failed even if you obtained the same results the way you did

Serrachio
10-25-2011, 06:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:

If there was some reason to try and attain 100% aside from the possibility of a trophy which holds no in-game reward, it would be excusable, but as I've currently mentioned before, it is a hollow feature. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I view it as more of a guide....a passive guide. Sure, it lets you know in very bold terms that you have "failed" the 100% sync, but that doesn't prevent you from completing the mission, which is the point right? I guess it really only bugs completionists. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cutscenes, level design and dialogue are the only passive guides for the player.

Full Sync requirements offer no constructive information to the mission as a whole, and are just an overarching complication that a player must choose to comply to or not.

They offer nothing useful to the player whatsoever, because the story and plot are the only reward for completing a mission and that can be awarded to a player no matter how they finish it.

Really, Full Sync was an unneeded feature that was only added to be a challenge to the player, but they are imposed too unfairly onto the audience.

With the 'Assassin's Path' idea though, it is an incentive to play through the challenge that missions are included with, offering some tangible reward to the player that is exclusive to them if they do the requirements asked of them.

The idea of Assassin's Path is not linked to the syncronisation of the game, so everyone is given the chance to 100% through the story mode.

And besides, would you rather see something like "Assassin's Path Negated" or "Full Sync Failed"?

LightRey
10-25-2011, 06:37 AM
Cutscenes, level design and dialogue are the only passive guides for the player.

Full Sync requirements offer no constructive information to the mission as a whole, and are just an overarching complication that a player must choose to comply to or not.

They offer nothing useful to the player whatsoever, because the story and plot are the only reward for completing a mission and that can be awarded to a player no matter how they finish it.

Really, Full Sync was an unneeded feature that was only added to be a challenge to the player, but they are imposed too unfairly onto the audience.

With the 'Assassin's Path' idea though, it is an incentive to play through the challenge that missions are included with, offering some tangible reward to the player that is exclusive to them if they do the requirements asked of them.

The idea of Assassin's Path is not linked to the syncronisation of the game, so everyone is given the chance to 100% through the story mode.

And besides, would you rather see something like "Assassin's Path Negated" or "Full Sync Failed"?
Full synch allowed the player to access the Christina Memories.

Blind2Society
10-25-2011, 06:41 AM
Was that what did it? I was under the impression they became available at certain points in the main story. I always got 100% sync so I guess I never noticed.

Grandmaster_Z
10-25-2011, 06:45 AM
i didnt get full sync on a lot of missions but i still was able to do the christina missions

LightRey
10-25-2011, 06:51 AM
The Christina missions could be accessed at certain levels of total sync, so they could be accessed without achieving 100% synch, but later on.

EscoBlades
10-25-2011, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:
i didnt get full sync on a lot of missions but i still was able to do the christina missions

Same here http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Serrachio
10-25-2011, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:

Full synch allowed the player to access the Christina Memories. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only through the fact that it split the syncronisation awarded to the player, and that most players would need some Full Syncs to get the 75% Syncronisation to access them all.

Outside of offering syncronisation, Full Syncs had nothing going for them as a mechanic, and were poorly implemented from a challenge perspective.

A player technically shouldn't be handicapped by an optional feature, but many people couldn't play their way through a mission without a glaring penalty.

In my opinion, if Full Syncs were to offer the Christina missions specifically, both of them should have not been linked to the syncronisation aspect of the game in the first place.

LightRey
10-25-2011, 06:56 AM
Only through the fact that it split the syncronisation awarded to the player, and that most players would need some Full Syncs to get the 75% Syncronisation to access them all.

Outside of offering syncronisation, Full Syncs had nothing going for them as a mechanic, and were poorly implemented from a challenge perspective.

A player technically shouldn't be handicapped by an optional feature, but many people couldn't play their way through a mission without a glaring penalty.

In my opinion, if Full Syncs were to offer the Christina missions specifically, both of them should have not been linked to the syncronisation aspect of the game in the first place.
I didn't mind it too much. However, they should've made them more realistic and sometimes not as hard (because that just ****es people off). I would be completely ok with a full sync system that had those two tweaks.

dxsxhxcx
10-25-2011, 06:57 AM

Full synch allowed the player to access the Christina Memories. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so the ones that were needed to be completed with 100% to unlock the "Christina memories" are justified, but the others don't...

LightRey
10-25-2011, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

so the ones that were needed to be completed with 100% to unlock the "Christina memories" are justified, but the others don't... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There are no specific ones. All of them contributed to total sync.

Serrachio
10-25-2011, 07:13 AM

I didn't mind it too much. However, they should've made them more realistic and sometimes not as hard (because that just ****es people off). I would be completely ok with a full sync system that had those two tweaks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While I admit that some conditions were hard and needed tweaks, which should have been noted for Revelations hopefully, would you have rather had Christina memories that functioned on Total Sync and a flawed challenge system rooted in Total Sync too, or would you have had a challenge system seperate from syncronisation that awarded parts of the Christina memory set from progressing along it?

thekarlone
10-25-2011, 07:16 AM
I don't care to have 100% sync when I play the game for first time, but then I try to do it when I replay the missions.

The problem is the 100% sync objective should be possible to do in any moment of the mission (you only fail if you forgot to do it), not an objective that if you fail, you need to restart (objectives like "don't lose any health" or "don't be detected anywhere").

LightRey
10-25-2011, 08:04 AM
I think they should try to make the full sync requirements more like subobjectives in a mission. Like freeing a prisoner during an assassination memory or killing an extra target.

thekarlone
10-25-2011, 08:08 AM
I think they should try to make the full sync requirements more like subobjectives in a mission. Like freeing a prisoner during an assassination memory or killing an extra target.

Exactly.

Blind2Society
10-25-2011, 08:26 AM
Honestly it seems to me that the 100%sync idea was added as an after thought simply to add artificial replay value and extend play time. At least that's how it came across. Then again so did the entire memory sequence after escaping with the apple up until leaving for Viana. It all just felt rushed and not well thought through.

luckyto
10-25-2011, 08:47 AM
I am completely opposed to restrictive requirements to complete a mission, and I feel that ACB pushed those requirements too far in a couple of missions. But not too bad.

But the 100% sync requirements are optional. Don't do it if you don't want. Some people want the challenge, and that option is available for them. To be fair, 100% sync represents mastery and it should be difficult. I really see no problem with the optional requirements.

iN3krO
10-25-2011, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AntiChrist7:

"game over" in a game is totally different, because the 100% sync feature is something "small" in the game (compared to a "game over") that's why it bothers me so much, like you said, it's not something that'll stop you from continue playing the game if you decide to not do it, but if you don't do it, it'll constantly remind you that it's still there for you to do it and that you didn't do it right (if you fail)...

imagine a situation where someone ask you to do something and every time you finish doing it the person who asked you to do it will always remind you that you forgot something or will say that you could do it "better" just because the way you did it's not the way this person wanted you to do it (even if the way you did was also good and you were able to finish the job with the same results)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In school (physic) it happens offten to me. I get the result better then my schoolmates but i still have a worst classification becuz i don't do with the same method the teacher teachs us (that is way harder).

Life is like that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Anyway i think that when you start playing you should be given the option to chose or not have 100% sync feature.

Blind2Society
10-25-2011, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by luckyto:
and I feel that ACB pushed those requirements too far in a couple of missions. But not too bad. Contradiction much http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

and it should be difficult.
They were not dfficult. It was the illusion of difficulty by making us have to start over from the beginning if we fail. And that is what was irritating.

thekarlone
10-25-2011, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
They were not dfficult. It was the illusion of difficulty by making us have to start over from the beginning if we fail. And that is what was irritating.

This.

luckyto
10-25-2011, 09:05 AM
Haha... too right. :P http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif A bit contradictory, too passive aggressive, yes, yes. I guess, ACB was the first AC game where I got extremely frustrated during a mission over stupid "game" requirements such as narrow mission areas blocked by invisible Animus walls or psychic apparating guards who instantly appear out of nowhere and start chase if you come out of hiding.

I thought some of the optionals were difficult, but I do understand what you are trying to say, I think. It's the cheap type of difficulty.

Still - it is optional. I will never fault a game designer for including something optional. Someone may enjoy them, and I personally did have fun trying to achieve some of them. Maybe people would be happier if they were trophies or awarded special in-game bonuses, but I'm OK with them anyway.

AntiChrist7
10-25-2011, 09:21 AM
I am completely opposed to restrictive requirements to complete a mission, and I feel that ACB pushed those requirements too far in a couple of missions. But not too bad.

But the 100% sync requirements are optional. Don't do it if you don't want. Some people want the challenge, and that option is available for them. To be fair, 100% sync represents mastery and it should be difficult. I really see no problem with the optional requirements.

this. i told him every time its optional, and doesnt provide any benefit: the christina missions will become available anyway even if you only get 50%, and riding on a unicorn commanding a brotherhood of girls is nothing special.

It adds a difficulty factor (so that you dont run in and streak kill 20 guards), it adds replayability, it even adds a bit more storywise (telling how Ezio did it)
how can you be against that?

(only when you are a whiny little ***** i guess)

Yeah ill get a warning for that, but i'm sorry, if you cant stand to "fail" in videogames, i wonder how the OP copes in life. Or did you cry every time you couldnt make a line in tetris?

LightRey
10-25-2011, 09:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by luckyto:

this. i told him every time its optional, and doesnt provide any benefit: the christina missions will become available anyway even if you only get 50%, and riding on a unicorn commanding a brotherhood of girls is nothing special.

It adds a difficulty factor (so that you dont run in and streak kill 20 guards), it adds replayability, it even adds a bit more storywise (telling how Ezio did it)
how can you be against that?

(only when you are a whiny little ***** i guess)

Yeah ill get a warning for that, but i'm sorry, if you cant stand to "fail" in videogames, i wonder how the OP copes in life. Or did you cry every time you couldnt make a line in tetris? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well I certainly don't mind a brotherhood of girls. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Jexx21
10-25-2011, 10:08 AM
I'd rather have the full sync thing than the 'Assassin's Path' thing.

I'd feel more devasted with an Assassin's Path negated then a Full Sync failed, because IMO, I don't feel that much remorse when the game says Full Sync failed.

But if it told me I'm not acting like an Assassin with 'Assassin's Path negated' I'd feel like I was doing something seriously wrong.

Besides, I don't worry about the full sync until after I beat the game.

SupremeCaptain
10-25-2011, 10:22 AM

Who cares? So you are saying that because it ties in the story, it SHOULD restrict us?

I couldn't give a damn what Ezio did in the missions. I want to do the missions my OWN way. And it annoys me that people think that's 100% okay because it ties in with the story. It's a BS excuse used against people who don't want 100% synch requirements. Ignorant. That's what you are.

(Not directed at you btw, Chronomancy. Just wanted to say my opinion)

LightRey
10-25-2011, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:

Who cares? So you are saying that because it ties in the story, it SHOULD restrict us?

I couldn't give a damn what Ezio did in the missions. I want to do the missions my OWN way. And it annoys me that people think that's 100% okay because it ties in with the story. It's a BS excuse used against people who don't want 100% synch requirements. Ignorant. That's what you are.

(Not directed at you btw, Chronomancy. Just wanted to say my opinion) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Again, you don't have to do it. It's optional.

SupremeCaptain
10-25-2011, 10:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:

(Not directed at you btw, Chronomancy. Just wanted to say my opinion) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Again, you don't have to do it. It's optional. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And you don't see the point we are trying to make. Optional does not mean it's okay to say "LOL YOU FAILED" in our face, because that just implies we HAVE To do it. If it's optional, don't ****ing tell us about it every 10 minutes then.

I've seen the "Optional" card many times. I'm not wasting my time again.

AntiChrist7
10-25-2011, 10:37 AM
djeezes if you cant stand a videogame telling you you didnt complete something 100% correct...

do you beat up your high school teacher everytime you get a B?

LightRey
10-25-2011, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:

Again, you don't have to do it. It's optional. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And you don't see the point we are trying to make. Optional does not mean it's okay to say "LOL YOU FAILED" in our face, because that just implies we HAVE To do it. If it's optional, don't ****ing tell us about it every 10 minutes then.

I've seen the "Optional" card many times. I'm not wasting my time again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Then it's not restrictive, you're just feeling restricted. Those are 2 different things. The only one forcing you to do it is you.

thekarlone
10-25-2011, 10:59 AM
In the moment there's a trophy/achievement of it, it's no longer optional.

LightRey
10-25-2011, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by thekarlone:
That's bs. Not everybody is an achievement hunter. Achievements aren't content, not to mention that achievements are supposed to be hard, that's the whole point of them being achievements.
In this case it's still the same. The only one forcing you to do it is you.

EscoBlades
10-25-2011, 12:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekarlone:
That's bs. Not everybody is an achievement hunter. Achievements aren't content, not to mention that achievements are supposed to be hard, that's the whole point of them being achievements.
In this case it's still the same. The only one forcing you to do it is you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly the point i was trying to make earlier. Thank you.

Skuldpt
10-25-2011, 12:46 PM
I'm a trophy hunter, so that is a bummer for me, since I never liked the Full Sync, but I guess that as reward should give us a certain amount of Uplay points after having 100 percent.

Biomedical-Fire
10-25-2011, 01:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekarlone:
In this case it's still the same. The only one forcing you to do it is you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I used to be an achievement w***e in that I had to get 100% in every game that I played, but that came to an end quickly when Developers decided that games needed multi-player. I felt they were useless since I rarely play games that just recently added MP to an game that was originally a single player game (i.e Assassin's Creed and Dead Space). So getting 100% in ACB was totally pointless for me, but I will admit that some of the failed 100% synchronization did bother me a little.

luckyto
10-25-2011, 01:11 PM
So, the big complaint isn't that there are additional optional requirements? The big complaint is the wording "failed"? I do admit that the wording is a bit annoying, but I just don't the big deal. Now, if they desynched you for them; that would be a big deal.

LightRey
10-25-2011, 01:16 PM
So, the big complaint isn't that there are additional optional requirements? The big complaint is the wording "failed"? I do admit that the wording is a bit annoying, but I just don't the big deal. Now, if they desynched you for them; that would be a big deal.
Yeah, or if you actually missed out on extra content.

xCr0wnedNorris
10-25-2011, 01:21 PM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj4bz2uxgF1qie5lqo1_500.jpg

And you don't see the point we are trying to make. Optional does not mean it's okay to say "LOL YOU FAILED" in our face, because that just implies we HAVE To do it.
http://thxforthe.info/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/DoubleFacePalm2.jpg

http://demotivator.org/photos/832/93868a469409821d2559884c4bf8d11d.JPG

luckyto
10-25-2011, 01:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by luckyto:
Yeah, or if you actually missed out on extra content. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's think of new words:
Bollocked
Boontoggled
blundered
pooched
poo-pooed
flopped
found wanting

Jexx21
10-25-2011, 01:52 PM
I'd rather be told that I failed at doing the same exact thing someone else did than being told that I'm not going down the 'Path of Assassin-hood'.

SleezeRocker
10-25-2011, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You're right, 100% sync is hollow and restrictive, AC1 (and 2 to a lesser extent)encouraged you to plan different ways to compete tasks whereas ACB punishes you with a big fat FAILED 100% sync.
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj4bz2uxgF1qie5lqo1_500.jpg

And you don't see the point we are trying to make. Optional does not mean it's okay to say "LOL YOU FAILED" in our face, because that just implies we HAVE To do it.
http://thxforthe.info/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/DoubleFacePalm2.jpg

http://demotivator.org/photos/832/93868a469409821d2559884c4bf8d11d.JPG </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/28018/736184-facepalm_by_kingkyokomatsu_super.png

InfectedNation
10-25-2011, 02:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ShxFbmkwkM

This video at 1.30 strongly suggests that 100% Sync has been revamped to "Optional Objectives", hopefully meaning that we wont have any more "YOU HALF-FAILED *******" coming up on screen when we don't do exactly what Ezio 'did'.

Looking hopeful?

SleezeRocker
10-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by InfectedNation:
100% Sync has been revamped to "Optional Objectives", hopefully meaning that we wont have any more "YOU HALF-FAILED *******" coming up on screen when we don't do exactly what Ezio 'did'.

You know it's sort of ironic; 100% sync means you did what Ezio EXACTLY did...but if you don't, you FAIL'd or by half....but since AC1-2 we been doing/completing missions freely so...have 'we' (altair/AC2 ezio) been doing it wrong this whole time O_o?

Animuses
10-25-2011, 02:25 PM
100% synch is a pretty crappy feature. Yes, it's optional, but it's not optional if you want overall 100%. Why restrict the player when the game is about giving the player the ability to play the way they want?

They really should make this feature optional for 100% overall synchronization.

SupremeCaptain
10-25-2011, 02:26 PM

Pretty much.

When I play AC, I'm under the impression I have freedom, and I like to do things my own way. It's really discouraging doing that, and get a "FAILED" on the screen.

Just give a bonus to those who do the 100%. Like say they get given more gold or Trade Items. And for those who don't do 100%, don't tell us we failed.

xCr0wnedNorris
10-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by InfectedNation:
hopefully meaning that we wont have any more "YOU HALF-FAILED *******" coming up on screen when we don't do exactly what Ezio 'did'.

Most likely not. They just changed the words "Full-Synch" to "Optional objective". They'll still probably have something like "Optional objective failed" or whatever.

Originally posted by Animuses:
100% synch is a pretty crappy feature. Yes, it's optional, but it's not optional if you want overall 100%.

Yeah, because Ezio went, "Jimminy Jillikers, I had so much fun assassinating that one guy, I'm gonna do it all over again but in different ways! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif"

Why restrict the player when the game is about giving the player the ability to play the way they want?

Which you can do. 100% synch is just something they added for those who wanted some kind of challenge to the mission.

InfectedNation
10-25-2011, 02:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by InfectedNation:
hopefully meaning that we wont have any more "YOU HALF-FAILED *******" coming up on screen when we don't do exactly what Ezio 'did'.

Most likely not. They just changed the words "Full-Synch" to "Optional objective". They'll still probably have something like "Optional objective failed" or whatever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe, but seeing as they changed the wording, there's a fair chance that at the end of each mission it will say "Optional Objective Incomplete" which would be better and not so negative, or maybe even not mention it at all, especially during the actual mission itself.

SleezeRocker
10-25-2011, 02:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by InfectedNation:

Most likely They just changed the words to "Optional fail" or whatever.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like this http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/11/22/129033835697943990.jpg

Jexx21
10-25-2011, 02:56 PM
ACtually, during the most recent mission we saw at Paris games week the guy failed the 100% sync but it didn't tell you until the end of the mission.

But it still counted towards the sync percentage.

dxsxhxcx
10-25-2011, 02:57 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why restrict the player when the game is about giving the player the ability to play the way they want?

Which you can do. 100% synch is just something they added for those who wanted some kind of challenge to the mission. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

requirements like "kill your target with your hidden blade/gun/poison/from a bench/using your recruits" or "follow your target without touching the ground" aren't challenging at all, the only thing this kind of requirement do is remove your freedom to choose how you want to play the game and force you to replay a mission just to do it their way (with 100% sync) or your way...

Jexx21
10-25-2011, 03:01 PM
It doesn't force you.

You'd probably be surprised that most players didn't even go back to do the 100% sync missions.

iN3krO
10-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
It doesn't force you.

You'd probably be surprised that most players didn't even go back to do the 100% sync missions.

I did it :P I'm just lazzy to go back for mission's flags or i would have 100%.

luckyto
10-25-2011, 03:08 PM
I am a HUGE SUPPORTER of playing a mission however you choose. If these were mission requirements and you were desynched for not following the objectives, then I would completely side with the objections. But a game could call me a "corn-eating scallywag" and I wouldn't care, and really neither should anyone else. Play how you want, as long as the game lets you, who cares what the score is.

Does anyone remember? If you are replaying a mission, does it start you over if you fail the 100%?

xx-pyro
10-25-2011, 03:13 PM
I am a HUGE SUPPORTER of playing a mission however you choose. If these were mission requirements and you were desynched for not following the objectives, then I would completely side with the objections. But a game could call me a "corn-eating scallywag" and I wouldn't care, and really neither should anyone else. Play how you want, as long as the game lets you, who cares what the score is.

Does anyone remember? If you are replaying a mission, does it start you over if you fail the 100%?

I don't think so, I was replaying (French Kiss?) the mission where you have to kill the 20 French soldiers for their armour, and the 100% is don't be detected. I didn't end up desynching for messing up the 100%, but you can just restart the mission by yourself.

xCr0wnedNorris
10-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx
requirements like "kill your target with your hidden blade/gun/poison/from a bench/using your recruits" or "follow your target without touching the ground" aren't challenging at all,
Sorry the game doesn't have you leaping through hoops of fire to kill one guy. Take for example the Banker assassination mission. You could just lock onto him and shoot him with a gun/crossbow/poison dart and he dies. Wow that was easy. But with the full synchronization "Kill your target while on a bench" all while not being detected, adds a challenge too it. It's not something that'll make you pull your hair out, but it's slightly more difficult than just shooting him or assassinating him normally. Just because you're presented a challenge doesn't mean it has to be hard. For example, solve 2 + 2. It's still considered a challenge, but it's easy to do.

the only thing this kind of requirement do is remove your freedom to choose how you want to play the game and force you to replay a mission just to do it their way (with 100% sync) or your way...
Do it once for the 100% if you care about it that much, then do it however you see fit. The bare minimum is just one play through, you're acting like you have to play every mission for 100% every single time.

Animuses
10-25-2011, 05:39 PM
People trying justifying things that shouldn't be justified again. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif