PDA

View Full Version : Spawn Order - change request

NorrisMcWhirter
10-18-2004, 10:08 AM
Hi,

Maybe it's my imagination but....

On a new DF map, why are the planes that enter the game first placed furthest from the runway so when they roll forward they have the benefit of running into later spawners?

After the first set of spawns, it naturally comes down to who respawns and when but it would save a lot of twisted wrecks in the first few moments.

Cheers,
norris

DangerForward
10-18-2004, 07:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NorrisMcWhirter:
Hi,

Maybe it's my imagination but....

On a new DF map, why are the planes that enter the game first placed furthest from the runway so when they roll forward they have the benefit of running into later spawners?

After the first set of spawns, it naturally comes down to who respawns and when but it would save a lot of twisted wrecks in the first few moments.

Cheers,
norris <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bump, I've thought about this too.

TX-EcoDragon
10-22-2004, 06:54 PM
Spawning has been the longest standing issue with this sim that needs a rework IMHO. Why not all on one line. . . or the last one to spawn in back. . .or. . there has to be a better way than the hurried dash across the minefield of potential airplane materialization!