PDA

View Full Version : Dreams in Animus

Ogz73
05-13-2011, 08:42 PM
Can Desmond experience one of his ancestor's dreams while inside the animus?

Sangine12
05-13-2011, 10:19 PM
Like a wet dream?

Abeonis
05-14-2011, 06:07 AM
@Sangine12: Grow up.

@Ogi73: Simple answer is, we don't know. However I suspect not, as it's not a physical action be taken, and as such wouldn't be registed as a part of dreamer's genetic memory.

PhiIs1618033
05-14-2011, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Abeonis:

@Ogi73: Simple answer is, we don't know. However I suspect not, as it's not a physical action be taken, and as such wouldn't be registed as a part of dreamer's genetic memory.
The body reacts to dreams in exactly the same way as to waking life, except for REM atonia, which means that you're paralyzed. Training stuff in dreams actually helps your real world skills. Wouldn't try weightlifting since the muscles don't really move, but you can improve your technique via 'muscle memory'. I see no reason why dreams wouldn't be contained within the DNA.

Abeonis
05-14-2011, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:

The body reacts to dreams in exactly the same way as to waking life, except for REM atonia, which means that you're paralyzed. Training stuff in dreams actually helps your real world skills. Wouldn't try weightlifting since the muscles don't really move, but you can improve your technique via 'muscle memory'. I see no reason why dreams wouldn't be contained within the DNA. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So if, in your dream, you jumped out of a plane 50,000 ft up and landed safely on your feet, without a parachute, you'd be able to do that in real-life?

Johno_efc
05-14-2011, 07:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:

The body reacts to dreams in exactly the same way as to waking life, except for REM atonia, which means that you're paralyzed. Training stuff in dreams actually helps your real world skills. Wouldn't try weightlifting since the muscles don't really move, but you can improve your technique via 'muscle memory'. I see no reason why dreams wouldn't be contained within the DNA. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So if, in your dream, you jumped out of a plane 50,000 ft up and landed safely on your feet, without a parachute, you'd be able to do that in real-life?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Newton thinks your a d*ck.

GunnarGunderson
05-14-2011, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Ogi73:
Can Desmond experience one of his ancestor's dreams while inside the animus? probably, you can remember dreams, can't you?

PhiIs1618033
05-14-2011, 02:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:

So if, in your dream, you jumped out of a plane 50,000 ft up and landed safely on your feet, without a parachute, you'd be able to do that in real-life? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, laws of physics, you know. Also, that would require ungodly strong legs and you can't actually get stronger. You can only get 'smarter'. :P